Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found A Photo Of Opie Today
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Death and Dying Pet Support
missy
I was looking at some pictures on my computer and came across one of Opie I had forgotten about. I cried.

I really don't know how to cope with this loss. I just can't put my mind at ease.

I miss him so much :'(

Click to view attachment
coonmam
QUOTE (missy @ Nov 24 2010, 03:27 PM) *
I was looking at some pictures on my computer and came across one of Opie I had forgotten about. I cried.

I really don't know how to cope with this loss. I just can't put my mind at ease.

I miss him so much :'(

Click to view attachment

Great BIG HUGS coming your way. I know the feeling since Sammy Coon crossed over the 1st. Yesterday was the first day I had not cried over missing him----one day at a time. You are not alone just know you are among friends that understand!
moon_beam
Hi, Missy, what a wonderful picture of your precious Opie. Finding these treasures can enhance the sadness in our hearts about not having the physical presence of our precious beloved companions with us. But these pictures, and the pictures that our hearts have taken during our earthly journey together, are a physical reminder of what we shared, and the precious life that is always with us.

Hold fast to the eternal love you and your precious Opie share - - yes, share - - no past tense - - for love is eternal - - it is forever - - and nothing can ever change that.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Cheryl83
Missy, what a wonderful picture, what striking blue eyes.

I know how you feel. Sometimes I look at pictures of Daisy and feel... overwhelmed. I just wish so badly that the picture could come to life so I can feel her again. So, I do understand your pain, and I'm sending you big hugs.

Hang in there,
Cheryl xx
missy
It was nine months today I lost my sweet Opie.
I am in so much pain. I really don't know how to deal with this. I think I need to find a spiritual advisor or some sort.
I don't think a regular therapist would be able to give me the guidance that I need to feel better.
Cheryl83
Hi Missy,

You have suffered such a tragic loss that has changed your life forever. It is important that you seek out ANY support that you can. A spiritual advisor sounds like a good idea, but please don't dismiss a counsellor completely until you have tried one. Maybe you can try both and see which works best for you? And please keep visiting these forums as we are all here for you, understanding you and your pain, and thinking of you.

Let us know how things go.

Cheryl xx
moon_beam
Hi, Missy, this grief journey can seem like nothing gets better and never will. Cheryl has offered you some excellent suggestions. It took me awhile to find a professional counselor who offered me the help and hope I needed to begin re-building my life from a serious trauma 25 years ago. He was a pastoral counselor - - he was able to offer me the "standard" counseling while also helping me through the spiritual confusion. No other counselor I had seen prior to finding him was able to help me.

As you seek counseling, Missy, please keep in mind that not every counselor, including spiritual advisor, is trained in assisting folks who are adjusting to the physical loss of their four footed beloved companions. This is a very new concept in the counseling / advisory professions, so be sure to ask for the qualifications / certifications of anyone you decide to see.

And as Cheryl has already affirmed to you, so I wish to echo her words: "please keep visiting these forums as we are all here for you, understanding you and your pain, and thinking of you."

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Missy, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.