Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diamond
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Death and Dying Pet Support
Pages: 1, 2
Diamond-Bear
Hi, Dimees.

I hope you liked my letter to you: http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.ph...ic=5945&hl=

I received a call from your Vet today. It seems they made a paw print of your paw during your final appointment. I just came back from picking it up. It is a beautiful way to commemorate you. Your doctor just loved you to pieces, as did everyone.

I am thinking about you and missing you.

With Love Always,
Grandmom
Diamond-Bear
Hi, Dimee-Rhymes.

It is hard to believe that it was just one week ago that I received the devastating news about your cancer. The beginning of last week, I had no idea you were even sick! You were still bouncing around like your same old self. Everything happened so quickly. Now you are not here, and I miss you so much.

I feel your spirit, but I really miss seeing your beautiful face and feeling your soft fur.

I will love you always.

Thank you for loving me.

Love,
Ganmom
Diamond-Bear
Hi, Dimees.

I am really missing you today. I can't feel your spirit around me, and that makes me very sad.

Maybe you are spending your time around your little brother? He does appear to be doing better, and he even started doing some of your tricks. It is strange how much he is acting like you. I guess I should be comforted by that, but it just makes me miss you more.

I love you, Baby.

Grandmom
moon_beam
Hi, Diamond-Bear. Please permit me the opportunity to offer you my sincerst sympathies in your loss of Diamond. Losing a beloved companion is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we have been blessed with the privilege of their company. I do believe the sweet Living Spirit of our beloved companions does help to comfort and encourage the behaviors of their fur siblings who are still with us on this side of eternity.

Diamond-Bear, this grief journey is a very difficult one to get through regardless if it's our first or our thousandth - - losing a beloved companion is a very painful experience both physically and emotionally and is unique to the relationship that we have shared with each of our beloved companions. One of the many important things to remember is that you are not alone in your grief journey.

Diamond-Bear, thank you so much for sharing with us your loving letters and memories with your precious Diamond. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
ladywolf
Hi Diamond-Bear--

Your letters to your beautiful Dimees are so beautiful and touching. I'm so sorry that you had to lose Diamond--he (or she?) must have been a very special cat.

As for feeling Diamond's spirit around you--here's my experience with my Ladywolf, who died about two months ago now. When I stop to look and listen, I know that she is with me, particularly here in this odd little house that I rent. Her presence is very powerful when I can clear my mind of other things and pay attention to it. When I'm all cluttered up with other concerns, I tend to forget about Ladywolf's delightful spirit--but I know that it is always here with me. She has provided great comfort during this past summer, which has been very difficult and challenging for me otherwise. I know that the body of the Wolf is gone, but the Wolf Soul lives on in me, and around me, and it's very special indeed.

I hope that you may come to experience something similar with Diamond. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Hugs--Margi, Spiritwolf, and Leopold the Bold
Diamond-Bear
Thank you, moon_beam and Margi. I appreciate your kind words and encouragement; it means a lot to know you care and you understand. Please accept my deepest sympathy for your losses.

moon_beam, thank you for confirming what I have felt in my heart about Diamond reaching out to his brother.

Margi, Diamond was a male--sorry I didn't say so earlier. Thank you for sharing your experience with Ladywolf. Your story helped me to be able to stop and realize that I can still feel Diamond's spirit with me. Also, after posting earlier, I went outside, and I found a feather right next to my car. It was mostly gray with a little bit of white. I know feathers are often sent to us to let us know that a passed loved one is near, so this was very comforting.

Diamond, thank you for the feather. I love you.

Hugs,
Teresa
ladywolf
Hi Teresa--

Feathers indeed are precious treasures, and I've always believed the same--that they are signs from our loved ones that they are around us. I'm so glad that you found that one!

One gloomy day I was walking along a stream with my first dog who was dying of leukemia. I was very depressed, and I threw my eyes up and said, "Please! Send me something!", and then I looked down and there was a perfect turtle shell lying on the rock my foot was on, bleached white by the sun. I cast my eyes up and said, "Thank you very much. That will certainly do!" I still have that turtle shell somewhere...

Signs are all around us, aren't they, if we keep our eyes open?

Big Hugs--Margi, Spiritwolf, and Leopold, King of Hysterica
Diamond-Bear
Hi, Margi.

I am sorry to hear about your first dog having leukemia. I appreciate hearing about your experiences. I am sure it was a comfort to find the turtle shell. I am not surprised that you kept your gift. I kept the feather I found and will be sure to keep it with all the mementos I have of Diamond, such as some of his fur, his bowls, etc. For the past couple years, I have been trying to become more connected with nature. It is amazing how much comfort we can find in this life when we can quiet our minds and look all around us!

Love and Hugs,
Teresa

Hi, Baby Boy.

Thank you for all the signs you are sending to let me know you are here; you are truly my little angel. I love you. Please watch out for all of the wonderful people and their pets here on this board.

Love, Hugs, and Plenty of Kisses,
Grandmom

P.S. I hope you are getting plenty of yummies!
Diamond-Bear
Hi, Love Bunny.

It is hard to believe that it was exactly one week ago that you left this world. I miss you so very much. You were always the best, most loving kitty, and I could not have asked for a better little boy than you. I cannot thank you enough for choosing me.

You will ALWAYS be in my heart. Please stay with me forever.

Love, Hugs, and Plenty of Kisses,
Grandmom
mmh27
Hi Diamond-Bear. I just want to say that I'm so very sorry for your loss. I too am feeling the raw pain of losing a loved family memeber. It has been 18 days since we lost Husker, and the only comfort I have is knowing that time will heal the wound...and it will for you also. Thinking and praying for you during this tough time...

Diamond-Bear
Maranda,

Thank you for your kind words, your thoughts, and your prayers. Husker was just adorable, as are your other fur babies. I am sorry to hear about Mya, your German Shepherd.

You are in my thoughts, as well.

Hugs,
Teresa

Hi, Dimee-Rhymes.

I am sorry I have not been writing to you, but you know I have been thinking a lot about you. It has not been a good week; I miss you so much. It has been two weeks since you have gone, and life will never be the same. When I would have a bad day or a bad week, you were always there to comfort me, so having a bad week and knowing I couldn't bury my face in your soft belly fur this past week just made it that much more difficult. I know you are here, but it is not the same. Thank you for sending another feather. I had a charm and a suncatcher custom made in your honor. I will post pictures here when I receive them.

I love you!

Hugs & Kisses,
Grandmom
Diamond-Bear
Hi, Sweet Baby Boy.

Today is four weeks since we said, "Goodbye." I feel an emptiness that I don't think will ever go away. I miss you so much, Love Bunny!

I received the charm and suncatcher I mentioned. I put the charm on a bracelet with other charms to commemorate you. I will be hanging the suncatcher in your favorite window.

I hope you are well.

I Love You. wub.gif

Love, Hugs, and Kisses,
Ganmom
Cheryl83
Teresa,

Thinking of you on your "four week" mark. I know this can be a painful 'anniversary'. I hope you manage to fill the day with happy memories of your precious baby.

Take care, Cheryl x
AngelCareOne
Dearest Teresa,

I've read about your precious fur child boy Diamond and weep with you ...

I also know the pain, grief, loneliness, void and utter devastation one experiences upon the loss of such a special, unique and cherished fur friend. Please, accept my deepest condolences and know that you and your Beloved Angel Fur Kid Diamond are in my thoughts and prayers.

Many Comforting Hugs and I Wish You Peace.

Always, Dottie xoxoxox
doggielove
Dear Teresa, I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your precious kitty. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my doggie Tyson on august12 he had leulemia. Just like you stated he seemed okay and then suddenly he was so sick. It's just a theory but I think our animals love us so much maybe they try to hide how sick they are from us so they can have as much quality time with us as possible. I know my dog even after I found out how sick he was he acted as if he was fine around me. Not like how sick people act as soon as they know the diagnoses. For our beloved pets, for them it was all about us. You know how I finally knew he was really sick. The one day in 8 years he didn't meet me at the door when I got home from work. That was the tip-off for me. I know your precious kitty loves you and we are all here for you. That is how we will heal by sharing our grief with eachother. Diamond bear is nearby in spirit dont forget that. doggielove
moon_beam
Hi, Teresa, just stopping by to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers on your one month anniversary without your precious Dimees. The anniversaries are difficult, and this is one of the many reasons why this forum is so wonderful - - it is a place we can come to share what is in our hearts and on our minds about our precious beloved companions - - a place we can come to know that we are not alone in our journeys.

Teresa, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Diamond-Bear
Thank you, Cheryl, Dottie, doggielove, and moon_beam for your thoughts and kind words.

Dottie, Thank you for the beautiful pictures. They made me cry, but in a good way.

doggielove, Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss of beloved Tyson. You may be right about how they try to hide how sick they are. The way I knew Diamond was sick was when he didn't come when I called him--so unlike him.

Thank you to everyone for lending an ear. I apologize to everyone for not actively posting, but I have been having a really rough time with this. Today marks one month since his passing, and miss him so much. I know he is with me in spirit because I feel him, but it is hard to walk through the door knowing he isn't there. Diamond-Bear isn't the first pet I have lost, but he is the first one with whom I shared that special bond.
Cheryl83
In that second picture - is he having a rest after doing his weights? biggrin.gif He's beautiful.

Hang in there, we are right there with you.

Hugs, Cheryl x
moon_beam
Hi, Teresa, each of our beloved companions have their own special place in our hearts, each bond special in its own way. Undeniably, though, there are some relationships that are exceptionally close - - sort of like the "Vulcan Mind Meld" in Star Trek - - which also includes the very core of our hearts, souls, and spirits - - our very essence of existence.

Teresa, each of us understands how devastated you are feeling, and completely understand that you are only able to be here when you are up to it. Each anniversary is a milestone of time shared with a beloved companion during their physical journey with us, and a reminder of the difficult adjustment before us in re-inventing our lives - - our meaning to exist - - without their sweet precious physical presence to enjoy. It's a very difficult adjustment - - both physically and emotionally.

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures of your precious Diamond with us, Teresa. In sharing our beloved companions with each other here we are keeping their journey with us alive in our hearts and memories. We are here for you whenever you're up to sharing what is in your heart and on your mind. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Teresa, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Diamond-Bear
Hello, My Beautiful Little Boy.

Today is three months since you were released from your pain. I miss you so much, My Baby.

I was looking through pictures you recently, and found some of when you were a kitten. No wonder I was so smitten with you. You were absolutely adorable.

Last night I was listening to some of the songs I used to sing to you. It is difficult to do, but remembering how much you liked that was nice. You would get all comfy-cozy and just listen to me sing. You always let me know if you didn't like a song when you would glare at me and/or walk away flipping your tail.

I was thinking about when you would get startled and jump about a foot high and backwards. Again, you were so adorable. I regret not being able to get that on video.

I will always love you!

Grandmom
Aaron
Thank you for sharing your memories with everyone. I hope that my wife and I will be able to look at pictures of our Reggie and smile and shed tears of happiness rather than tears of joy. Your Diamond was such a beautiful boy and I can tell you still love him greatly. I hope that you will continue to heal and remember how special the time was that you and he shared.
Diamond-Bear
Hi, Turkeybutt!

Today, My Love, has been four months since I held you and felt your soft fur.

I really missed you this past Thanksgiving. I never realized how many things I did that revolved around you. I remember always getting up on Thanksgiving morning and calling out, "Turkeybutt," and you would come running.

I still called for you. I know you heard me and that you came to me in your own way.

I found a picture of my favorite "Thanksgiving Turkey."

I love you and miss you, Baby Bear!

Ganmom

Aaron,

Thank you for your kind words. Your Reggie is beautiful, as is Kylah.

I hope you and your wife are feeling better. You both will be able to look at pictures of Reggie, smile, and remember all the good and crazy times with each other.

Teresa
moon_beam
Hi, Teresa, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and your cherished memories of your precious Diamond. The holidays do bring to mind the "ones who are missing" - - and forever remembered.

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Teresa, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Diamond-Bear
Hi, Dimee-Rhymes.

Today marks six months since we said, "Goodbye." sad.gif

I think about you all of the time, and I still miss you every minute of every day. I suppose I always will.

I found a couple really adorable pictures of you as a kitten that I want to share with the wonderful and caring people on this forum. Once I get them scanned, I will post them.

I hope you are having fun playing at the Rainbow Bridge, and I hope you have made many friends. I love you always, Baby Boy.

Love,
Ganmom
Cheryl83
Hi Teresa,

Thinking of you during your 6-month "anniversary." I remember this was a particulary difficult milestone for me, so I hope you're coping okay. Looking forward to seeing the kitty pics once you have them scanned.

Take care,
Cheryl x
moon_beam
Hi, Teresa, adding my sincerest thoughts of you on your anniversary. Like Cheryl, I know how difficult anniversaries can be, and I just want you to know you're not alone.

Teresa, thank you so much for sharing your precious Diamond with us, and we will look forward to sharing your pictures whenever possible. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Diamond-Bear
Thank you Cheryl and moon_beam for your care and concern. Yes, I am finding today to be very difficult, but it helps to know that there are people who understand and have made it through the milestones.

I didn't get the kitten pictures scanned yet, but my boyfriend gave me a picture he took a few minutes before Diamond left this world...

I love you, Diamond!!!
Juturna
Hi Teresa,

Your little Diamond had such beautiful intense green eyes. Missing our animal companions is especially hard on anniversaries. Please accept my sincerest sympathy.

With hugs and peace,
Juturna
Diamond-Bear
Hi, Sweet Baby Boy.

Today is eight months since I was last with your physical body. I miss you so, so much. I don't feel like the emptiness will ever go away, and I know I am going to feel your loss even more in just a couple of weeks since your birthday is coming up.

It is a small comfort to be able to look at pictures of your adorable little face.

I finally got a couple of your kitten pictures scanned so I can share them with the nice people here.

Missing you always...

Love,
Ganmom

Juturna,

I hope you are well. Thank you for your sympathy. Yes, he did have beautiful, intense green eyes!

Hugs,
Teresa
moon_beam
Hi, Teresa, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and these WONDERFUL pictures of your precious babies. The "angel-versaries" are a challenge, sometimes more than others, because our hearts always have an empty place - - the part that our beloved companion takes with them to have a part of us with them in heaven's perfect garden. There is no substitute for having their precious sweet physical bodies with us, but we are comforted with the gift of their cherished memories - - memories that are only ours to have and to hold. And what treasured memories you have just from the pictures you have shared with us!!! How blessed you are, Teresa.

I hope today is treating you kindly, Teresa. Thank you for honoring us by sharing your precious Diamond with us, for it truly is an honor to share your cherished memories. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Teresa, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

AlexisMarie
What cute pictures. I think there will always be that little bit of emptiness, at least until we see them again. Getting through the first Birthday without them is tough, but we will be here for you. Take Care.

Lots of Hugs
Annette
Diamond-Bear
Happy Birthday to You.
Happy Birthday to You.
Happy Birthday, Dear Diamond.
Happy Birthday to You!

I miss you, My Love.

moon_beam and Annette...Thank you for your kind words.
Peggy's Human
Dear Diamond_Bear,

Please accept my condolences on the passing of Diamond. What a beautiful kitten/cat he was! The pic showing all of them sleeping on the stairs is adorable. It’s obvious that you love your non-human family members very deeply. I’m sorry that his B-day is so difficult for you and wish there were something I could say to help ease the pain of missing him. My precious Peggy passed very suddenly just 7 weeks ago and I can’t even imagine how difficult it’s going to be when her B-day rolls around in December. I am glad that you’ve been seeing signs of his presence around you. I know it only helps a little since what we crave is the opportunity to hold and stroke them and have a chance to share affection. I hope the coming week smiles on you and you can enjoy your memories with a warm heart and no tears. I will keep you in my prayers.

Take care of yourself,

Peggy (the human)
moon_beam
Hi, Teresa, thank you so much for sharing your precious Diamond's birthday with us. Their "angel-versaries" are hard because they are reminders how much we miss their precious physical presence.

I hope life is treating you kindly, Teresa, and that you are finding comfort in your Diamond's sweet Living Spirit always with you in your heart and your memories.

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Teresa, and look forward to knowing how you're doing whenever possible.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Diamond-Bear
My Sweet Little Diamond-Bear,

Today is your one year Angelversary.

What can I say that I have not said already? I miss you deeply, my dear best friend.

As long as I hold your memory within me, I know you will always be near.

In honor of your memory, I created a memorial page for you at http://www.diamondbear.critters.com/ There isn't much there yet, but I will be adding more about you as time permits.

I will love you forever my sweet baby boy!

Ganmom

Peggy...I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.
moon_beam...Thank you for always being there to try to ease the pain.
moon_beam
Hi, Theresa, thank you so very much for sharing your and your beloved Diamond's one year "angel-versary" with us. Your memorial website looks beautiful, and the pictures you have there so far are wonderful.

It doesn't matter how much time passes, Theresa. There will always be a part of our hearts that feels like it is missing - - and it is - - because our beloved companions take a part of us with them -- a part of us that belongs only to them - - when they precede us to the angels. The good news is that we always, always, always, always, - - always - - have the blessing of our cherished memories in our hearts to treasure - - and we have the blessing of the eternal love bond we share with them holding our hearts together - - for love is eternal, Theresa, and our beloved companions are always with us - - for they are forever a heartbeat close to us.

Thank you again so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and your magnificent memorial to your beloved Diamond. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Theresa, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Diamond-Bear
Happy Birthday, my darling, sweet, little boy! I love you! wub.gif I hope you are having fun at the Rainbow Bridge on your birthday.

Please watch over your brother, Soxie, he just went into the hospital last night. The doctor found fluid around his lungs and suspects heart failure. We have not yet heard anything more about his condition. I called this morning and was told they would have to call me back. You and I both know how afraid he is of anyone other than us.
moon_beam
Hi, Theresa, thank you so much for sharing your beloved Diamond's birthday with us. Please permit me to offer you my sincerest support in the illness of your precious Soxie. Please know you and Soxie are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how he's doing. We are here for you, Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Diamond-Bear
moon_beam,

Thank you so much for your support. It really does mean a lot.

Soxie is not doing well at all. Since this thread is about Diamond, I began another thread about Soxie:
http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6594

Peace and blessings,
Teresa
Diamond-Bear
Hello, My Dear Little Boy.

I have been thinking about you all day on this, your second angelversary. It is hard to believe that it has been two years. At times, the wound feels so fresh as if it was only yesterday.

I dreamt about you and your brother last weekend. Normally, I would have awakened and been sad to realize it was just a dream, but this time it was different. I awakened grateful that I was able to see you, stroke your fur, and play with you. I was able to look at our brief dream time as a gift. smile.gif

I placed a memorial for you on www.bestfriends.org, but it has not yet been posted.

I miss you, baby! I love you!

Ganmom
Gretta's Mom
Hello Diamond Bear's mom

Thank you for sharing beautiful Diamond-Bear with us. He's an amazing cat! The love you share comes through every word you write. And this kind of love only grows, it never diminishes. Prayers and good wishes for Soxie. No matter what path he takes, you and Diamond Bear will be with him to take perfect care of him.

Peace and blessings,

Gretta's mom
moon_beam
Hi, Theresa, thank you so much for sharing with us your and your beloved Diamond's two-year angel-versary. No matter how much time passes during our continued earthly journey, our beloved companions continue to be with us in our hearts and memories, and their sweet Living Spirits continue to share our earthly journey just as they always have and always will - - just differently. How wonderful you and your beloved Diamond and his brother shared a visit with one another in your dream - - and this time your heart is comforted. I firmly believe our beloved companions find ways to let us know they are still with us - - be it a dream, or an appearance of another woodland / wildlife resident, or through the behaviors of another companion we may embrace into our hearts and lives.

Thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, Theresa. I hope today is treating you kindly. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
Diamond-Bear
Hello, My Dearest Diamond.

Your 15th birthday was yesterday. Happy Birthday, dear little one.

Love,
Grandmom
Gretta's Mom
Happy Birthday, Diamond-bear.

I hope you have found as many kittie friends up there in the perfect World as you lived with here on earth. Your grandmom misses you. If you see two labs strollling around together, one brown and one black, they are my Gretta and my Rufus. They are the greatest dogs who ever lived, just like you and Soxie are the greatest cats who ever lived.

Have fun!

Gretta and rufie's mom
Diamond-Bear
QUOTE (Gretta's Mom @ Apr 20 2013, 06:28 PM) *
Happy Birthday, Diamond-bear.

I hope you have found as many kittie friends up there in the perfect World as you lived with here on earth. Your grandmom misses you. If you see two labs strollling around together, one brown and one black, they are my Gretta and my Rufus. They are the greatest dogs who ever lived, just like you and Soxie are the greatest cats who ever lived.

Have fun!

Gretta and rufie's mom

Thank you, Gretta and Rufie's mom. My brother and I have found many friends while we wait for Grandmom. I know she misses us, but until we are reunited with her, we are having fun with the two greatest dogs, Gretta and Rufus. They said to tell you, "Arf."

Diamond and Soxie
Gretta's Mom
Hi Diamond and Soxie

Monday is Rufus's birthday (I count the adoption day as his birthday) and there is going to be a big party in the Perfect World. I want to invite you to join in the fun. Bring all your brothers and sisters and cousins and friends and come on over. In the Perfect World, animal ice cream and cake never run short and never make anybody sick. Hope you guys can come.

Gretta and Rufus's mom
Diamond-Bear
Hello, My Dear, Sweet, Baby Boy.

I am thinking of you on your third angelversary. I miss you so, so much, and I think about you every day. I love you, Baby!

Love,
Grandmom

P.S. I know you and Soxie had a wonderful time at Rufus' birthday party.
Diamond-Bear
Hello, My Sweet, Sweet Baby Boy.

I hope you are enjoying your 16th birthday celebration up in Rainbow Bridge. I wish you were here so we could celebrate together.

I think about you always. I love you.

Love,
Grandmom
Diamond-Bear
Hello, my Darling Boy.

I am thinking of you on your fourth angelversary. I love you! wub.gif

Grandmom
Diamond-Bear
Hello, My Love.

Remembering you on your 17th birthday.

Love you always! Miss you!

Love,
Grandmom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.