Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chat Room Questions
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Site Administration > L-S Tech Support
ladywolf
Now that we are making very good use of the chat room, as per Janika's reminder a week ago, I have a couple of questiions. How do you invite someone to chat who is in the Forum, without sending a P.M.? There must be some way, because others have invited me, but I can't figure it out.

Also, isn't there supposed to be a ding, like a doorbell, when someone enters the room? I heard it twice, but never again...?

Thanks for the great work and for this great site!!!

Margi and Spiritwolf
LS Support
to be honest, i don't know. BUT there is an options area that lets you tweak settings, including sound. perhaps someone who invited you (other than through the forum's PM system) would post here to let all of us know how it's done.
janika
The chat room is great and I'm still finding out 'new' things about it. Make sure you haven't 'muted' the sounds when you go into 'options' then 'sounds'. I get the door slamming sound when someone leaves, but not the 'bell'' when someone enters, but to be honest sometimes that can be annoying , so to me it's no problem. I haven't worked out how to invite someone other than through the PM system, but once or twice a box popped up and it said 'invite' someone who had just entered the room. There were 5 of us in there two nights ago. It was great, the conversation and company was good.
Hope to see more of you in there, time zones permitting of course.
Hugs Jan x
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.