Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: News About Advantage, Heartgard And Other Meds...
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Loss Websites, News and Other Info
webmasterpdx
Sep 2008, my little baby (Bichon Frise) named Wally Baxter died of excess epileptic fits (I had to send him to heaven as he had 9 attacks in a row, went blind from one and had 3 more while in the vet's place. At that time, everyone involved agreed it was the best thing to end his suffering. It was actually a post on this site that put the initial seed thought in my head about medicines causing his problems, as he was having these attacks initially about once a month (pretty awful), but then they'd go away.

Now, over the last few days I've been both hearing on CNN and reading on the web that medicines including Advantage, heartgard and to a lesser extent, Frontline, were being blamed for all kinds of problems in pets, including seizures and shakes.

I had learned to manage my grief after almost a year and a half since his death when this comes along. I'm experiencing both attacks of sadness and intense rage. The sadness is that I might have been to blame for my baby's death by giving him medicine, rage because we take these meds because we love our pets and we think these medicines are going to protect them, when, in fact, they could be killing them. We trust our vets and the drug manufacturers and food manufacturers to have our pets' best interests at heart. Even more rage because I don't know if it was this that gave him the epilepsy or not.

Anyone out there having their hearts ripped out again because of this?????

Thanks
-Wally's Dad
LS Support
moved to news forum
hesista
I've read and heard that revolution, advantage, heartgard are so poisonous that govt beauracrcies are seriously talking about banning them permanently. It makes me so mad because I found this out after putting revolution on my dogs only one month before
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.