Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sadie Vanished!
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Lost or Missing Pet Support
jennybean
Friday morning my husband let the dogs out about 7:30 and I got up around 8:00 and got them a nice warm meal ready to keep them warm for the coldest day of the year. Sadie never misses a meal, but she didn't come. I went around the house hunting, but no Sadie. No sign of abduction, animal getting her, or even her running off. It just doesn't make sense. I'm so sad. I just hate going to be at night (giving up on ever seeing her again.)
I just pray that if someone took her that they are being nice to her. She loved us so much too and I just wish she could come home to us.
sissycat
jennybean,

Never just give up.
I have a cat that has gone missing 2 different times and I have gotten her back. The 1st time she was gone for 2 weeks. Of course i drove and walked the streets calling her, put ads in the papers and on the local radio station. Finally a lady called from a town about 30 miles away. Her kids had snuck her into their pickup camper while in town. Next time she was gone almost 2 weeks and another family had picked her up and taken her home with them.

Sending hope, hugs, and prayers for her safe return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goliath
QUOTE (jennybean @ Jan 10 2010, 07:41 PM) *
She loved us so much too and I just wish she could come home to us.

Never give up hope!!! My Browser went missing at less than 2 months old. The odds were he wouldn't be found. BUT!!! A miracle of hope, faith, and love brought him back home to us. If you want to read a truly inspiring story that is sure to bring you hope and a belief in miracles, please read "Browser is Missing" in this section.

Here's sending you my most sincere and deepest of prayer that Sadie comes home safe and sound. wub.gif

Hugs of love and comfort from my heart to yours! smile.gif
Beth
janika
Dear Jennybean

Sending massive hugs and prayers that your darling Sadie is soon back with you safe and sound.
Have you checked all the dog shelters around. I expect you have done all those things. Our Tasha went missing once after chasing a rabbit but was picked up by our park warden , luckily , even though his children wanted to keep her he convinced them that she should be returned. Was she wearing an identity disc ? Also we rescued our Noushka from our RSPCA rescue shelter as she had been found roaming the streets of a busy town. A kind person took her to the police and she was then kept at the shelter for 2 months, but no one claimed her.
Do you have a missing dogs register like we have here in the Uk. The more people who you contact the more chance maybe someone out there is looking for her owners and you'll find her. Like Sissycat said, ads in local papers and local radio is also a good way. Stay ever hopefull.
Thinking of you

Love Jan and my Angels xx
madi
I get so upset reading about missing pets, it's a sickening feeling. My husband's dog went missing many years ago over the Christmas break and we spent 5 days tracking him down. It is so strange that your Sadie went missing so quickly, do you live in the city or the country? Do you have her micro chipped? it's difficult to know where to start, the pound would be the first place I would try. We door knocked with photos of our dog and worked out where he was headed. The newspaper add nailed it for us in the end, some lovely people had found him. Our dog had jumped unbeknown to us out of the car window far from home, so we knew he hadn't been kidnapped. i would still try the photos and the newspaper add in your case though. I so hope you find her and soon.

Luv madi xx
jennybean
I got on Lightning Strike think that I would never see my Sadie Girl again. Your encouragement lead me to have faith. I got on every lost pet website I could find. Called every shelter and hospital around determined that she was worth it. and then a neighbor found her last night! laugh.gif

Thank You Thank You friends!!!!!!!!

Sadie has been found! About a half mile down the road. She hunkered down under cedar trees since Friday morning. She had a poop pile on one side of her and a pee spot on the other side. The vet is checking her for frostbite today, but she seems great. First time to wander from her own yard had big consequences. Guess we better keep her electric fence collar on her.

Thank You for the support!
Jenny Haddock
janika
OMG Jennybean that has made my day, month , year... Fantastic news, wonderful , thank goodness I had wanted to check the forum . So pleased and Happy for you and your Sadie. Give her a big Hug from Aunty Jan.

OOh think our Angels were there for you !

Lots of love

Jan and my Angels xx
madi
Wonderful, just the most wonderful news to wake up to, this has started my day off with a real high. I am so happy for you Jenny and please give Sadie a big warm hug from me xx
Thank you so much for sharing your good news with us.

madi xx
sissycat
Wondeful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never Give up!!!!

I am so glad you found her. Makes me so happy to know she is home safe and sound!!!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!
jennybean
Yes, it is so amazing I still can't believe she is front of me.
Our road is very rural even though it takes me only a few minutes to get to town.
She must have just got confused. Our drive was being plowed (which was not a first)
but EVERYTHING was white and she might not have known what was the road and what
was the street. She never went into the street before, but there were no tracks leaving the
yard so that had to be the way she went.
Also, the coyotes have been very thick running in packs. I heard them a couple of nights
while she was gone. She survived a snowplow, potential traffic, 15 below temperatures,
and coyotes. What a surviver!
And I thought she needed to be babied. ha ha

I'm so glad I got on this forum!

Good Night,
Jenny
smokey/lady/max
Hi Jenny it is so wonderful to here a story with such a happy ending. It is so nice to here some joy instead of so much sadness. They say with every loss there is life and your saddie is living proof. God bless and may you have many years to share your love with your Saddie.

Anna
sissycat
Would love to hear stories of Sadie or pictures if ya have some!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

Hugs!!!!!
goliath
QUOTE (jennybean @ Jan 13 2010, 10:05 AM) *
Your encouragement lead me to have faith.

Jenny biggrin.gif

Always have faith and NEVER give up. Without faith we could have no hope. sad.gif I am soooooooooooooooooooo happy to hear Sadie is safe in Mommy's arms once again. biggrin.gif There is a purpose for each and everyone of us that reveals something very important to us each and every day. Keep the faith and spread it gently. Encouraging others during troubled times is only a part of what we share here at LS. A genuine caring and sharing is always here whenever you need us. wub.gif

Hugs of love to you and Sadie from my heart to yours,
Beth
ladywolf
QUOTE (goliath @ Jan 17 2010, 06:22 PM) *
Jenny biggrin.gif

Always have faith and NEVER give up. Without faith we could have no hope. sad.gif I am soooooooooooooooooooo happy to hear Sadie is safe in Mommy's arms once again. biggrin.gif There is a purpose for each and everyone of us that reveals something very important to us each and every day. Keep the faith and spread it gently. Encouraging others during troubled times is only a part of what we share here at LS. A genuine caring and sharing is always here whenever you need us. wub.gif

Hugs of love to you and Sadie from my heart to yours,
Beth

I started reading your story about Sadie with a feeling of dread--like, oh God, another lost loved one...but I am SO HAPPY to hear the outcome!!! Another fur-kid saved--and what a brave dog she was, given the conditions.

Thank you for making my night--I'm going to bed now, happy for you and for me!

Margi and Ladywolf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.