Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good News (temporary)
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
jasonsmom
I actually got some good news from the vet - well, sort of. We lost a cat (Jason) to kidney disease (and God knows what else) 4 months ago. Our other cat was also suffering from mild kidney disease and dental issues. Well, I took this cat, Fred, to the vet recently for the whole blood/urine spectrum, amd his kidneys are in BETTER shape than they were 6 months ago! No other health issues other than tartar on his teeth which is a recurring issue for him anyway. He is 15 years old! I am so very happy. He had a HUGE PAINFUL surgery for a vacc site fibrosarcoma last October (the cells had a high mitotic rate) and he has had no new lumps since then!!!!! To me this is a huge deal, it means he is a healthy old bugger (15 years with a bit of arthritis) and I will not lose another cat for a while. He is happy, playful, affectionate and active. No new lumps and the kidneys are not getting worse. Oh, yeah, he has always had a heart murmur and still does. The affectionate old guy will live forever! Or so I hope. I hope others have similar good luck stories. I am not ready to lose another cat yet.

I had to share this good story after sharing my sad story a few months ago. Go, Fred!!!!!!!!
Hslesgirl
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
LoveThem
Wonderful news to hear.........thanks for sharing. It is very special when there is good news, especially when we are not sure what the news will be.

My oldest boy, Little Guy, was with me about 16 1/2 years. I'm glad to hear your boy is 15 years old. How great that is!

You go, Fred.

Judy
jasonsmom
Well, I don't know what to make of it, but I found a lump in the same general area as the original one, same initial size, shape and feel, I believe there is another tumour :-(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I can't put him through another surgery, obviously the cancer will always come back, plus it took a LOT out of him the first time - not for the weak, that's for sure - I guess he just had his life prolonged for a year. Which is nice, but I do NOT want him to go as he/we just lost his buddy.

Maybe the lump is nothing......?
jasonsmom
So, the end of the story is that his cancer spread everywhere including his lungs. He was having difficulty breathing, so we had to make the decision to say goodbye last Saturday. sad.gif . We miss him terribly. We were so optimistic. Love you, Freddie.
katzen11
Your dear Freddie wub.gif has been dying of fibrosarcoma, too, after a few months of hope, i have just been condolencing Prissy`s mom
now i cannot find again words,
i am so sorry, sorry.
i am fighting with my cat Jim this terminal disease
i am crying
for Prissy
for Freddie
and for my Jim, hoping for a few months left.
Jasonsmom , i am feeling with you
your`s, sincerely
Eva
jasonsmom
Eva, it is a rough road ahead, just give Jim all the love, gentleness and time that you possibly can. It's a gradual downhill slope, but watch out for the sudden freefall and be prepared to say goodbye at the right time and not let him suffer. It's awful, because they seem normal even though they are not. Enjoy Jim, take lots of pictures and write down all the little things about him.

I am praying for Jim that he has a long time left before the cancer takes over. Fred and Prissy will look out for Jim.....

Hugs

Una

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.