Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Cat In The House - Announcing "ginger"
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
jasonsmom
Jason left us on January 22, 2009. He was a cat with an "assertive" personality, but he was very loving and playful. He and his buddy Fred were very close. We went through the gamut of emotions after J. left (don't want to relive the details of that day), and decided we would not get another cat. Well, our remaining cat thought otherwise. I spoke to an animal communicator withe the result being that we should get a cat to keep our remaining cat company. Then my husband, who always said "when these guys are gone, no more cats", now said "get a cat to keep Fred company".

So, long story short, I got a tiny, young, innocent looking , orange tabby female cat from the Humane Society - Ha!!! She may be small, she may be really cute, she may purr all the time, but she is NO innocent victim. I won't go into detail, but if she had horns on her head it would not surprise me :-). Anyway, Fred the older remaining cat LOVES her even though she won't let him touch her, and she hisses at him and smacks him. Jason (the deceased cat) would hate her.....................................

Cats. Can't figure them out.
jasonsmom
Not sure how to upload photo - I tried and it didn't seem to work
sissycat
Glad you opened your home and heart to Ginger. Sure sounds like a fiesty little kitty. I'm sure in time Fred and Ginger will become good friends. When I finally got another cat my 4 remaining cats didn't like her at all. Now they get along pretty well for the most part.

Anyway congrats on the new kitty!!!!

Look forward to seeing a picture.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nemo's Mommy
That's wonderful! So glad you welcomed Ginger into your home. She sounds so cute!!! You'll have to let us know some stories about her. I'm sure Jason will look after her from above.

~NM
jasonsmom
Ginger is actually starting to meld into the family. She gives Fred (the other cat) a quick lick on the way by, but HE HAD BETTER NOT LICK HER or there is a swat in the head in his future. Sigh. Cats. Ginger had a very rough street life before we got her, including a broken jaw ($1,000 worth) and 2 kittens, but she is settling in, other than having interaction issues with our other cat, who is a total sweetie.

I can't find a pic 400 kb or less, what format supports that?
patricia
awwwwwwww! thats so great. congratulations. i got my new puppy a week after fred my little cat passed away. didnt mean too, wasnt looking for one. in fact wasnt sure i would ever have a cat or dog again. but i believe fred sent her to me. i had to laugh when you mentioned jason would hate the new kitten because i always feel that fred would hate lucy dont-let-the-sad-eyes-fool-you otherwise known as lucy-fur. im sure jason had a hand or should i say "paw" in making sure his mom would smile again.
im so happy for you.

please convert your pix to .jpg. that should work.

patricia
jasonsmom
Patricia - you had a cat called Fred too? What did he look like, and what was he like? Mine is a grey tabby, very mellow and laid back.

Here's Ginger and Fred. As usual, she is looking at everything through her eyebrows.

patricia
i did smile.gif he was so beautiful. he was a little rescue, copper tabby with big round green eyes. he lived with me for 14 years and when he was in the hospital during his final days, no on there could believe he was that old; my sweet little man. they all thought he was a kitten. he was a mini-cat. the most he ever weighed was 9 lbs. and he was a chubby little thing smile.gif he was named after my favorite fred mertz. he was very mellow and pretty much lived on my bed. only got up a coupla times a day one of them being when i would come home. he would get up and run to the hallway and poke his tiny little heard around the corner to make sure it was mom coming home. then the purring concert would begin. id grab something to eat and join him in bed and we would watch tv into the wee hours of the morning. we did this all the time. he was my little love. i miss him everyday.
my dog now is lucy and im hoping that when she mellows out a bit, she will be joined by a new sister cat ethel.

ginger is too cute for words. and fred? well what can i say. what a handsome boy:) youre one lucky mom. congrats again. i know that your new addition will bring you lots of joy! please keep writing about fred and ginger. i love to read about their adventures in their new and wonderful homes!

patricia

ps, the pix of fred was when he was just about 6 weeks old. but his face never changed and never grew too much more.
jasonsmom
Patricia, he is ADORABLE! I'm so sorry he's gone :-(((((((( I would have picked him from a litter too.

Lucy has big paws to fill.....
patricia
thank you jasons mom smile.gif i would have to agree with you. my fred was so gorgeous. just like your fred and now ginger. and i miss him so much every single second of every day. but lucy has helped my heart in so many ways. she makes me laugh so hard that my heart doesnt hurt so much anymore. she has been my best medicine/therapy and comfort all rolled up into one funny looking dog.

(((((((((hugs))))))))) to you and fred and ginger from lucy and me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.