Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New Babies
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
Ambereyes
Its been a year since I lost my Buddy
Of course there was, and still is , the pain of losing him , always will be and thats ok , The pain reminds me how blessed I was to have him in my life ... but thats been tempered by two new family members , two very precious and wonderful Border Collies who im proud to have in my life and call my babies and friends

First came Toffee , He's a red , Caramel and white Border Collie ... my 13 months old laid back hippy dog , lol
We got him three weeks after losing our Buddy , I just couldnt take how quiet and cold the house felt without a dog in it , and he made our home his in his own special way , he took our hearts and we are more than happy for him to keep them
so soft and sweet , he's everyones friend , scared of nothing and he has tons of love and cuddles that he will happily share with anyone smile.gif

Then Gypsy arrived , she's a B&W mismarked Border Collie , She's 7 months old now , my soft, sweet little girl with the most amazingly expressive eyes ive ever seen on a dog
she's more timid than Toffee is , usually she'll run and hide behind my legs if theres something she isnt sure of or doesnt like , she knows Mummy will protect her , lol

I adore these two , and I know they adore me and the rest of our family
we are truly blessed to have them biggrin.gif

Gypsy and Toffee , taken 3 weeks ago at our lodge in Wales

myhrtisbrkn
My husband was a farm boy...raised with Borders, and we adore them! Welcome Gypsy and Toffee, you are truly gorgeous!
LoveThem
Congratulations on your new babies. They are adorable. I know what you mean about an empty home and it is so much better when there are babies there. They need homes at a time we need them.

I had a very special girl, German Shepherd, I got as an 8 week old puppy and I named her Gypsy.
I'm glad you chose that name for your girl. Toffee reminds me of candy so he must be sweet.

My first dog I picked out myself was a collie...I loved Lassie...and border collies are just gorgeous and real sweethearts.

Good luck and hugs and many years of happiness to all of you and your family and especially
your "new babies".

Judy
goliath
QUOTE (Ambereyes @ Apr 6 2009, 12:17 AM) *
I adore these two , and I know they adore me and the rest of our family
we are truly blessed to have them
biggrin.gif

Hi Roz,

What a pleasant surprise it is to see you again. I often wondered how you were doing.

Smooches for those dear little pooches of yours. wub.gif I remember when you brought Toffee home last year and am elated to hear that you've now brought a new little girl into your life and heart. No doubt Buddy is so pleased to see you sharing all the love you have within you.

Welcome little Gypsy! Hello again Toffee! I'm so glad you've brought so much love, joy, and happiness into your new home. wub.gif

Wishing you many healthy and happy years together Roz. It was great seeing you again! smile.gif

Hugs of love to all of you,
Beth
Ambereyes
well its been a while since I was last here
My two border Collies have since became three ... Our newest family member is Teddy , he's a B&W border collie and he is two years old
we saw him on a rescue site, I fell in love with his ears (lol) and went to see him ... he basically mugged me in the rescue managers office , I knew then , whilst getting slobbered with puppy kisses , that there was no way I was leaving that rescue unless he came home with me ... that was the 27th Sept 2009
He settled in straight away , all three dogs were instant friends , Toffee is still a hippydog , he loves everyone and everything .... Gypsy is my princess , she's perfection ... and Teddy is my big cuddly bearboy

heres a few fave pics of them

Gypsy and Teddy

sticking together , lol

The Three Amigo's

PucksMom
You've got a gorgeous little family. As an ex groomer, I LOVE the border collies. Can't beat the temperament and the brains. And teddy's little bat ears are just too cute!
Ambereyes
QUOTE (PucksMom @ Mar 28 2010, 08:25 AM) *
You've got a gorgeous little family. As an ex groomer, I LOVE the border collies. Can't beat the temperament and the brains. And teddy's little bat ears are just too cute!

Thanks hun
Im hoping to get a Blue Merle BC to complete my little pack ... but my OH is putting his dainty size 11's down and saying we cant afford another dog yet sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.