Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attachments
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Site Administration > L-S Tech Support
E.M
Hi,

I keep getting this message when I try to insert image, (the photo has been resized so that isn't the problem).

Can you tell me what this means - THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
Sorry, dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed - as I do not have a clue what it is trying to tell me.

Now the site has been updated I cannot work out how to insert an image, the attachment section has some writing in it but I cannot view it all to see what it actually says so that is no help either.

Sorry for being so dumb but I am sure you or someone else will reply and tell me it is all so simple! All I want to do is insert an image off my desktop.

Thanks
LS Support
sorry about that, there are 2 issues here i believe. one just gave me an hour and a half of head scratching, but that error text you saw was a file that must have been mistakenly deleted off the server. i thank you for bringing this to my attention.

now, for the dynamic page in IMG tags error. i have never seen this error before, but found this on the web:

the forum does not allow images to be grabbed dynamically rather than directly.

OK - - - www.nowhere.com/image.jpg

bad - - - www.nowhere.com/index.aspx?image=image

not sure if this is the case, but my suggestion first is to make your file name as bland as possible (ie, file1.jpg). see if that helps. the missing file may have been an issue too, i am not sure.
E.M
Thank you for that, I am not sure what you did but can now see that you have fixed something because previously in the attachment section all the buttons were missing i.e. browse and upload etc, before I just had some strange text which I could not scroll down to read all of it and nothing else. I had tried various different bland file names but it still didn't work, obviously because correct attachment section was missing!

Thank you once again, I have now managed to upload Emily's photo.
LS Support
i'm glad to hear everything finally worked. these forum softwares can be tricky some days.
Furkidlets' Mom
I, too, have been seeing all sorts of indecipherable messages all over the place. So far, I've just been ignoring them (ignorance sometimes IS bliss) and haven't seen any specific problems cropping up despite them being there. So I remain clueless....but I suppose this must have something to do with the new firewall or something....
LS Support
not sure to be honest, FK. sometimes these online gizmos are a mystery dry.gif oddly enough, the error fixed last night wasn't related to the firewall.

everyone, please let me know if anything looks odd. things should be fixed but you never know. what is helpful is a screen capture sent to support&lightning-strike.com. thanks.

to the regulars here, if you continue to see weirdness i would recommend clearing your browser cache (see here for directions).
Furkidlets' Mom
Received a PM and this message was at the very top of the page, above everything else (which was normal-looking):

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/lightni/public_html/forum/sources/ipsclass.php on line 5880

I've seen this one before, and I DID just clear my cache soon before I returned here to retrieve my PM.
LS Support
drats, ok. i kicked the firewall offline. thanks for letting me know, continue to post to this thread with any strangenesses. oh, if you see pages loading such as google.com or gigya.com or sproutbuilder.com, that's not a problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.