Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riley And Xander
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
AlleysMama
I just wanted to share some new pictures of my boys.

I didn't post about it here, but Riley was very, very sick last month. He spent several days at the vets, had loads of tests and they still don't know what was wrong with him. After he got so sick, he quit eating and had to be force fed for nearly a week. I was a wreck and I guess I was feeling a bit superstitious about posting here at the time. I was so afraid I was going to lose my boy. I'm happy to say that he is fully recovered though and has gained back most of the weight he lost. Not knowing what caused it makes me paranoid though that it will happen again, so I watch him like a hawk now, especially his eating to make sure he gets enough. Anyways here are the pictures. I hope you enjoy.

You can see in this picture where they shaved part of his chest for an ultrasound.

Of course, his Halloween picture!

Here is one of Xander

Thanks for looking!
AlleysMama
A few more of Riley!

Riley loving on his catnip mat!

On his cat tree

katzen11
hi, my buddy Riley, and Xander
i am sooo glad, Riley, that you are fine again
thanks for sharing those beautiful photos of your mom`s two beloved boys
did not know, that you have been sick
guess, what
i have been staying a whole weekend at our vet. med. university hospital, because of bad blood-work, a couple years ago
they never found out, what happened, though this was the 1st vet. adress in my country (i have a good pet-insurance,
and my mom would spend the last cent she has for me, well, i do know, all our mom`s would do their best)

anyway
what an interessting catnip mat happy.gif
looks like i have to tell my mom to be more successful when shopping !!!!

miau
your friend (buddy)
Jimmy Klinger

PS.:
my mom is no good with internet and so on
she got a new, expensive phone-cell, with a camera
so, when she finally is finding out, how this is working
i will send you a photo
you will be surprised
LoveThem
I LOVE the pictures of Riley and Xander. They make me want to reach inside and hug them both..they are beautiful!

I am so glad they were able to help Riley. It is scary to wonder what something was. Do they have any ideas at all...any clues might help you in the future. It probably was a fluke of some kind and he will be just fine. I always say if you don't know what something is...how can you fix it?
They must have SOME idea to help ease your mind. They did fix it.

Anyway, these babies are gorgeous....so darn huggable!

Judy
AlleysMama
Judy,

Its possible he just had a reaction to something he ate. Maybe he found a strange critter in the house or something, who knows. Some of the things they were looking for were Giardia, pancreatitis and some other digestion problems. All his tests came back negative though. Blood levels and everything were all perfectly normal. Basically he started with an upset tummy and it just got worse from there because he quit eating. He seems 100% now though so keep your fingers crossed! Basically its a wait and see game now. If he has any problem in the future then there are some more in-depth tests they can do and other treatments but they dont want to do those unless he gets sick again. He responded very well to his meds (flagyl and Pepcid AC) and the syringe feeding so they are hoping it was just a one time thing.

So far, so good but I monitor his food intake and output very closely each day!
LoveThem
Paula

My good thoughts and prayers are always with you and your babies. There is just such a special bond with these black and silver beauties. (at least I feel such a bond). (My Little Guy's mom was like Xander). And Alley and Riley remind me more of my Little Guy than my Lucky but then all these babies are wonderful to have.

Hugs to you and those sweethearts!

Judy
Jon730
Not knowing what caused it makes me paranoid though that it will happen again, so I watch him like a hawk now, especially his eating to make sure he gets enough.

Sam once got a pancreas infection. We believe it was because we had caught her reaching deep into the Disposall and going "Fishing" for tidbits.
-Of garbage.

We bought a strainer for the drain, and have had no trouble since.
myhrtisbrkn
Paula.

Those boys are just gorgeous.

Give them big kisses from me,
Dayna
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.