Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "strayed"- How "animal Welfare" Lost Its Way
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Loss Websites, News and Other Info
Furkidlets' Mom
In doing some research (since they are seeking public input) towards a current community plan in my location to build a "no-kill" shelter I came across this very nicely done video. If you are unaware of how humane societies began in N. America and why their policies have not been working well for the animals, you need to watch this. In fact, if you simply love animals, you need to watch this! It is not terribly graphic, even if the facts are disturbing.

Brought to you by Animal Ark, this video "describes the history of the animal welfare movement in the United States, how it went astray, and, perhaps more importantly, what is needed to bring it back home to its roots of advocating for the interests of animals. Strayed not only articulates the problems facing the animal welfare movement in the United States, it describes the simple programs needed to end the systematic killing of companion animals in animal shelters - it is a message that is simultaneously inspiring and infuriating. Strayed is a must-see for anyone who cares about animals."

Watch this aprox. 10-15 minute short film here. Please pass this video link around!

Edit: Hmmm....I see that link isn't working properly, so please use instead the link provided directly from the Animal Ark website itself here. Scroll down to where it says, "Watch Strayed" and click there.
LS Support
hello,

i swapped in a youtube link for the video given at the Animal Ark site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.