Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Ending!
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Lost or Missing Pet Support
Mink&WillowsMom
A friend of mine volunteers for a local cat shelter. This is an email I received from her today:
"Today, I had the extreme pleasure of reuniting a Shelton cat that had been missing for 4 weeks with her family. Ariel had a micro chip which was discovered at Animal Services, in Lacey, where she ended up. No one will ever know how she ended up there, but without the chip, she would not have found her way back to the family that loves her. They never would have checked for her at a facility that is about 30 miles away! Tonight this very thin, very tired little cat is back home in the arms of her family, purring up a storm...."

I post this so everyone who needs hope can find some here.

Speaking of another lost-then-found kitty, Sable is doing very well. It's almost been a year since I found her on the freeway. I'm trying to find a route to give her glucosamine & chondrointin for her shoulder. She won't eat food if I mix Cosequin powder in it, and she won't eat the chicken strips infused with it. I've heard Cosequin comes in a flavored granules form to sprinkle on food -- anybody know where I can get it? ~Kim
gillian
That's a wonderful story.

My cat Darcey has been missing for just over 4 weeks now, and she is microchipped, so that story is a comfort.
openhearted87
QUOTE (Mink&WillowsMom @ Oct 12 2008, 03:14 AM) *
A friend of mine volunteers for a local cat shelter. This is an email I received from her today:
"Today, I had the extreme pleasure of reuniting a Shelton cat that had been missing for 4 weeks with her family. Ariel had a micro chip which was discovered at Animal Services, in Lacey, where she ended up. No one will ever know how she ended up there, but without the chip, she would not have found her way back to the family that loves her. They never would have checked for her at a facility that is about 30 miles away! Tonight this very thin, very tired little cat is back home in the arms of her family, purring up a storm...."

I post this so everyone who needs hope can find some here.

Speaking of another lost-then-found kitty, Sable is doing very well. It's almost been a year since I found her on the freeway. I'm trying to find a route to give her glucosamine & chondrointin for her shoulder. She won't eat food if I mix Cosequin powder in it, and she won't eat the chicken strips infused with it. I've heard Cosequin comes in a flavored granules form to sprinkle on food -- anybody know where I can get it? ~Kim

thats amazing. thank you for sharing a happy story to give us hope.

with love corina
openhearted87
QUOTE (gillian @ Oct 12 2008, 05:28 PM) *
That's a wonderful story.

My cat Darcey has been missing for just over 4 weeks now, and she is microchipped, so that story is a comfort.

i hope you find her and get your miracle too gillian!

with love corina and her angels
sissycat
Always so great to hear the good stories. Gives people hope too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.