Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Us Presidential Election '08 - Voting For Animals
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Loss Websites, News and Other Info
Furkidlets' Mom
A timely warning from Teresa Wagner to all U.S. citizens who are getting ready to vote in a new President. (too bad the lovely pictures of the animals & graphics in this email from her won't come through on this site; you could subscribe to her newsletters though, to get the original version to "forward" to friends) HOWEVER, you can still copy and paste her message into your own emails and pass this along well in advance of the election!! If you care about animals (wild, stray or domesticated), make your vote reflect that and spread the word about Sarah Palin's inhumane viewpoints! I'm taking much the same kinds of action here in Canada, with our own federal election in only 2 weeks' time.....spreading the word on party leaders' stances towards animal issues, writing letters to the editor, signing petitions.....anything I can do to finally, hopefully make a change in how animals are treated in our country (and by extension, in others). Please do your own part, too, if you can. The animals are depending on US to shift people's perspectives, and fast, before more harm is done to them, and therefore also to us all! PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AND MAKE SURE YOU VOTE!!!

Please Consider the Animals
on November 4, 2008 in the U.S. Presidential Election

They need our voice, our vote and our loving prayer

The thinking person must oppose all cruel customs
no matter how deeply rooted in tradition or surrounded by a halo.
We need a boundless ethic which will include the animals also.

~Dr. Albert Schweitzer

Dear Friends and Clients,

In my lifetime there has never before been a candidate for President or Vice President of the United States who is such a dangerous foe of the animals as we have now with Sarah Palin.

Her record of cruel and inhumane treatment of animals has received very little national and international press. I learned of it only from the many animal advocacy groups who send me email alerts and from friends who passed on information.

I thought long and hard before writing and sending you this plea for the animals. I don't believe it is my place to tell anyone how to vote. There are, of course, many issues and concerns that impact our private voting decisions and our lives--the economic crisis, taxes, the war, foreign policy, energy costs, affordable health care, education, reproductive choices, the environment and many others. However, I also believe that those of us who love animals need to remember that the animals cannot vote or lobby on behalf of themselves regarding the issues that impact their ability to simply live their natural lives undisturbed on the earth. The people who care about animals are their only voice regarding policies that effect them. So, I decided to send the following information to you as a fellow animal loving human for your consideration when making your voting choices.

If you are not familiar with Palin's policies regarding her support and encouragement of aerial wolf huntng, her bounties for wolf legs as rewards to wolf hunters, the shooting of wolf pups, refusal to accept scientific proof of global warming and its impact on animals, her drive to keep polar bears and beluga whales from needed protection and relentless massacres of moose and caribou, I encourage you to learn more from the following links:

http://hslf.typepad.com/political_animal/e...ions/index.html
(Humane Society Legislative Fund article on Palin)

http://hslf.typepad.com/political_animal/2...ne-society/html
(Humane Society Legislative Fund article on each candidates' voting record on animal issues)

http://www.friendsofanimals.org
(Friends of Animals)

http://www.defendersactionfund.org/newsroom/sarah_palin.html
(Defenders of Wildlife)

http://www.defendersactionfund.org/index.html
(Defenders of Wildlife)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQobIUE1zTU
WARNING: This last link is a graphic video showing the aerial killing of wolves program that Palin wholeheartedly supports. It is very difficult to watch so please protect yourself energetically before viewing. It is included here as proof of the cruelty condoned by someone who could be one heartbeat away from being President of the United States.

I quickly became upset and angry when I learned about the aerial wolf killings. These wolves are hunted down and killed not because they have been killing people, pets or "livestock." They are killed because governor Palin doesn't like the fact that wolves eat moose and caribou. The wolves are killed so more moose and caribou are available for "trophy hunters" and for the revenue created from the canned hunts for wolves. When wolf pups are found who have been orphaned from these aerial hunts, they are shot in the head and killed, rather than taken to a wildlife rehab center or even a zoo.

I got so caught up in my outrage about all this that it was impacting my ability to send love and protection to the animals at risk. Sustained anger is not good for our health or our souls. But temporary outrage at injustice may be the only thing that ever movtivates the energy necessary to create change for a more compassionate world. Without a period of voiced outrage and actions to change social injustice, injustices continue. Democracy is about people having the right to say what they think is right and wrong. As Americans we have an important opportunity to vote for what each of us think is right or wrong regarding the treatment of animals in this election.

If you are a US citizen, I encourage you to exercise your privilege and right to vote on November 4th.
The animals cannot vote on behalf of themselves. We are their voice.

Wherever your place of citizenship on earth, if you love animals and care about their welfare, I invite you to join me in:

Picturing leaders in the White House, and world leaders everywhere, who support the compassionate treatment and welfare of animals everywhere on earth.
Sending love to all human beings whose hearts are not yet open to treating animals with compassion and respect. It is only in receiving love and compassion that they can learn more about giving it.

May the animals of the earth have the opportunity to live on it in peace~

Much love to all of you,
Teresa

www.animalsinourhearts.com

Look at their beauty, look into their eyes.
Feel their souls.
Please, consider them as you cast your vote.
We are their voice in this election.
Please tell everyone you know who loves animals
to consider the animals in this election.

Teresa Wagner
Animals in our Hearts.com

goliath
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have not read about Palin's views on these important issues but DO intend to do so NOW! You often bring important information here for us to read at LS and I for one appreciate it so much.

Hugs,
Beth
Furkidlets' Mom
You're very welcome, Beth and I'm glad to be of service.....except I think I need TWO of me now, there are so many things going on in this nutso world!

I'm also disheartened, once again, at some of the responses I'm getting to my letters to our own candidates in our ridings.....the only good one so far is from a somewhat 'fringe' party (the Green Party) candidate in our area, who's actually also a Doctor of TCM!....but he'll never get in in this neck of the woods. Too bad - he recognizes much value about animals as part of the Whole, and we need FAR more like that.
Isabeaux
[color="#4b0082"][/color]Thanks, Teresa! I wasn't voting for them mad.gif anyway, but this will be useful to know when discussing the election with those who are.

Kathleen rolleyes.gif
myhrtisbrkn

As a long time opponent of aerial hunting, I'm appalled by Sarah Palin's support of aerial hunting of wolves. But I'm shocked by Barack Obama's opposition to an Illinois bill requiring treatment for infants who survive botched abortions. Little to chose from...brutal slaughter of animals...infanticide. Can't we do better than this, we never will until we completely reform our political system such that we don't have to try and chose between the lesser of two evils. mad.gif
katzen11
QUOTE (myhrtisbrkn @ Oct 10 2008, 03:56 AM) *
chose between the lesser of two evils. mad.gif

yes,
you and me, we do have the choice
i am very angry, too, about the results of the elections, in my small country of Europe, 2 weeks ago
but we still have the choice
Eva
Furkidlets' Mom
While I'm not American and obviously won't be voting in the U.S., when I looked at Palin's views on not JUST arial hunting, but the environment and all that affects, not only in the U.S. but globally on OUR collective planet, I wouldn't vote for her based on that issue, either. To my mind, there actually is NOTHING more important, in the bigger picture, that trumps protecting the environment as a whole, as without a livable, viable one, the whole world loses, including ALL forms of life on it. So, just as AB has THE worst record on environmental protection in all of Canada and I never vote for the parties that would maintain that old, incredibly-harmful thinking and the status quo on environmental destruction, I still wouldn't vote for Palin were I an American. Alaska is one of the last 'strongholds' of nature, and her views on removing barriers to drilling, maiming and destroying remaining pristine parts of Alaska makes me equally as sick at heart as do the parties up here that think the same, narrow way (for those unfamiliar with it, AB is not just 'cattle country', but 'oil country' as well -ugh). Without striving HARD to clean up the messes mankind has made of the very organism that keeps us alive, all animals, including the human animal, won't be around much longer TO care about any other issues anyway. With someone like Palin, coupled with Canada's current Prime Minister, (Conservative) Stephen Harper, who could win a majority govt. this go 'round (on Tues, Oct.14), we'll all be in big, big trouble and can kiss our planet's health good-bye.
katzen11
QUOTE (Furkidlets' Mom @ Oct 11 2008, 04:41 PM) *
While I'm not American and obviously won't be voting in the U.S that affects, not only in the U.S. but globally we'll all be in big, big trouble and can kiss our planet's health good-bye.

kiss our planet good bye
OMG
this forum is staying for pet-love
but,
everybody can tell, that you are right, we are in big troubles
Eva
myhrtisbrkn

Eva's is correct this is not the forum for my response to that.

Dayna

Furkidlets' Mom
I continue to maintain hope for a better world for all WHEN we all wisen up, and don't mean to divert attention away from our furbabies and our grieving issues, but it's also impossible in reality to separate the whole of creation, which definitely includes all animals (even the human animal) and the entire planet, so what I'm really meaning there is that we have to stop SEPARATING everything from everything else. THERE IS NO REAL SEPARATION. This is one and the same principle as that which I apply to helping others come to hopefully see that their babies are NOT REALLY GONE and their essence lives on. THERE IS NO SEPARATION IN REALITY.

The "environment" is part of the All That Is, just as all animals and people are. It's this earthly and man-made disconnection and separation that's been the basis of everything awful that happens to animals, humans and the earth, so once people start becoming aware of and accepting that we're ALL PART OF THE SAME LIVING ORGANISM, all parts of that organism will start to function on a higher and more re-connected (and therefore happier. healthier and more serene) level. I just can't help anymore but see this more universal perspective. 'I' want to stop hurting (and 'my' global/universal organism is in so much pain, as is everyone's), so I HAVE to be aware of the biggest picture possible that I can, no matter the issue, in order to try and effect positive change for the GOOD OF ALL THAT IS, even IF the biggest part of my earthly heart lies with the animals. If I had my way, I'd wish to FIRST help the animals and have the rest all fall in place after that, but it most likely won't work in quite that order, as everything affects everything, all at once. It's the newer science, and spiritual realities, each supporting each other in tandem, in motion here. So, I GRIEVE for the/'my' whole organism, just as I grieve for its 'individual' components, on both a personal and group level. And THAT'S why I think this whole political thing is equally important. It's NOT just political because everything affects the All.

Geez.....I only hope that all made sense! My soul understand this, but words are never adequate to a soul level, so it's challenging to explain fully.

But hey, the "okay" but maybe not as "ideal" news, too, is that even IF we destroy the whole planet before we wisen up, we'll all be going Home that much sooner, to be with all our kids! (but I'd also hope to not be one of the few left to survive through terrible cataclysmic garbage until everything's totally gone!)
Furkidlets' Mom
Dayna, we must have been cross-posting at the same time, so I'd missed your last one.

At this juncture, I'd just like to remind everyone that I started this thread because:
a.) The appeal was from an animal communicator, who obviously focuses on animals and everything related to them.
b.) It was posted under the category of the "News and Other Info" forum of this entire website. (I assume that's why there are different forums, for different animal-related issues and stories)
c.) It still relates to animals and their place in this world and universe.
d.) I take a more global and universal view of most things, as explained above.

If what I've said is viewed as inappropriate by most of you, well, okay, discussion closed. My main intent was to help animals in the long run and bigger picture.

myhrtisbrkn
I would be the last person to question your love of Furkind.
toonie
well said Furkidlets and thanks for not being an ostrich rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
myhrtisbrkn
...and I should add, I very much appreciate the trouble you take to bring useful and thought-provoking material to our attention.

Thanks again,
Dayna
Muffins
Hi Furkidlet's Mom & Everyone here:

Thank you for your post(s). I immediately suscribed to Teresa Wagner's website back when I first came across your thread. I have so many newsletters, e-mails, requests to sign petitions, etc..., coming to me from so many websites concerning animals as well as the welfare of children - I'm doing my best to keep up. (Of course, "I DID" suscribe to everything that I am receiving)...... I really want to be aware of what is going on in my small corner of the world as well as the whole Universe!

To quote Teresa Wagner from your first post of this thread:
I thought long and hard before writing and sending you this plea for the animals. I don't believe it is my place to tell anyone how to vote. There are, of course, many issues and concerns that impact our private voting decisions and our lives--the economic crisis, taxes, the war, foreign policy, energy costs, affordable health care, education, reproductive choices, the environment and many others. However, I also believe that those of us who love animals need to remember that the animals cannot vote or lobby on behalf of themselves regarding the issues that impact their ability to simply live their natural lives undisturbed on the earth. The people who care about animals are their only voice regarding policies that effect them.

To quote Furkidlet's Mom:
So, I GRIEVE for the/'my' whole organism, just as I grieve for its 'individual' components, on both a personal and group level. And THAT'S why I think this whole political thing is equally important. It's NOT just political because everything affects the All.
My soul understand this, but words are never adequate to a soul level, so it's challenging to explain fully.

I understand everything that your heart is saying.

I want to add more to this post but my precious little guy, Mr. Yoster wub.gif is head butting the computer and wants my attention, so I'll close for now.

Myhrtisbrkn:
But I'm shocked by Barack Obama's opposition to an Illinois bill requiring treatment for infants who survive botched abortions.

I did not know this so THANK YOU for posting this information! I will look for this Illinois bill later this evening. If you happen to have a link, would you please send it to me (PM) if it's not too much trouble? Thank you!

Wishing ALL of you much peace and love,

God Bless you all,

Denise
myhrtisbrkn
Denise,

The bill was entitled The Infants Born Alive Act, and I'm trying to find a non-partisan link to send you. The facts are disturbing enough without spin.

Actually there is a good exposition on Fact Check.

Dayna
Furkidlets' Mom
I also just received this (2nd) election message from a friend-in-grief of mine. Once again, Palin's actions speak for themselves. If you're concerned about these animal issues, you could consider donating to this advertising cause as well as help spread this message by copying and pasting it into emails to others (or visit this organization's website and their appropriate web page and send that link to others).

In like fashion to this organization's plea for help, I had donated a few dollars to a Cdn.-based advertising campaign to try to stop our Prime Minister from next forming a majority government, thus robbing him & his party of the means to have even more power to keep destroying everything/everyone priceless in sight. Whatever method may have ultimately worked, something did work, and we at least don't have a majority government after our own recent national election, and thank goodness, as things are bad enough with the minority government leading party we're still stuck with. I've also just donated to this cause as well.

And FYI, polar bears are particularly near and dear 'icons' of the Canadian wilderness, too and many of us here are also fighting for their protection, with our own governments also caving into oil and gas exploration (=money), rather than saving them and their habitat. Polar bears in Canada are already 30% leaner than they used to normally be, due to habitat, and therefore food supply destruction, as well as their birth rates plummeting. This entire planet is SICK and I believe we need to stop thinking in terms of "my" country, or "their" country and instead think of the health of our entire planet as a whole, including all species in guardianship of it. The plain and simple fact is that the way IT and other species go, so WE go, as there is NO separation between 'us' and the earth - we are all one organism in truth.

If nothing else, I still firmly believe that staying clearly focused on what you'd RATHER &/or ideally, see (picture it, feel it), is always the best course of action to accompany whatever other actions you might take.

With all of this in mind, here is the newest message about Palin and I still say she's one very scary woman:

There are just 14 days to Election Day, and voters deserve to know that vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin’s brutal insensitivity to wildlife goes well beyond wolves.

Please read the message below from activist and Broadway, Hollywood box office and independent film actress Ashley Judd to learn about our powerful new TV ad and how you can help save polar bears threatened by trophy hunting, starvation, drowning and ultimately extinction.

With Gratitude,

Rodger Schlickeisen, Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund

Help Air this Powerful TV Ad Before the Election

Donate now to help air this ad on TV in key states and support wildlife-saving efforts across the country…

$20: Part of a 30-second spot
$40: Two parts of a 30-second spot
$100: One 30-second spot
Another Amount

Ashley Judd, Broadway, Hollywood and indie film star

Please help protect threatened polar bears and expose Sarah Palin’s terrible record before Election Day with this powerful new television ad! Donate now…

Dear Animal Defender,

Our polar bears are threatened with extinction, and the next presidential administration may well determine whether or not they disappear forever.

That’s why I’ve lent my voice to Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund’s powerful new television advertisement about vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin’s efforts to eliminate vital protections for polar bears.

As I told Rodger, this woman must be stopped! First it was the shameless slaughter of wolves. Now the heartbreaking plight of the polar bears which utterly breaks my spirit. We have to do all we can to help them AND to stop Palin!

So please watch this new TV ad now and help put Sarah Palin's anti-polar bear record on TV in key battleground states like Ohio, Colorado and Virginia.

Already, polar bears are starving to death, birthing fewer cubs and drowning as sea ice disappears and their search for food becomes more difficult. Scientists at the U.S. Geologic Survey say that polar bears could disappear from Alaska within 50 years, driven to extinction by habitat loss and global warming. [1]

Despite the risk of extinction, Governor Sarah Palin has launched an all-out effort to eliminate protections for threatened polar bears -- a move that could lead to more polar bears dying of starvation and drowning, and more being killed by wealthy trophy hunters.

According to the Anchorage Daily News, she covered up evidence from her own scientists showing the need for polar bear protections. [2] Now she’s doing the bidding of the oil companies and trophy hunters, suing the federal government to stop the listing of polar bears as a threatened species. [3]

As governor, Sarah Palin has been a disaster for polar bears, wolves and other wildlife. A heartbeat away from the presidency, she could do even worse.

Donate now to help Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund air this powerful ad and advocate for our wildlife.

Make no mistake: This could be a very close election, and it is critical that we do all we can to educate voters about Palin’s appalling record between now and November 4th.

We have to get this ad on television as soon as possible, but Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund needs your support to air it. I hope you will help.

Sincerely,

Ashley Judd

P.S. Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund needs to raise $150,000 to run this powerful new TV ad in key battleground states like Ohio, Colorado and Virginia. Please donate $20, $40, $100 or whatever you can afford to put get this powerful ad on the air.

Notes

[1] Anchorage Daily News. Sept. 8, 2007.
http://dwb.adn.com/news/alaska/wildlife/be...p-9200531c.html

[2] “Palin Challenged on the Environment.” Anchorage Daily News. August 30th, 2008. http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/510779.html

The Anchorage Daily News reported in May that the head of the marine mammals program for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game and two other marine mammal biologists on his staff agreed with nine studies the federal government cited to justify listing polar bears as a threatened species.

Their e-mail appeared to contradict Palin's assertions that state wildlife officials had found no reason to list the bears as threatened under the Endangered Species Act. Palin wrote in January that she based her opposition to listing the bears on "a comprehensive review by state wildlife officials of scientific information from a broad range of climate, ice and polar bear experts."

[3] “Oil Group Joins Alaska in Suing To Overturn Polar Bear Protection.” Washington Post, Aug. 31st, 2008. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8083001538.html

Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Donate Now | Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund Home

© Copyright 2008, Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund
katzen11
hi
you can say, the US Presidential Election `08 is none of my business, because i am an austrian citizen ( glad to be european now.)
my folks voted at the 28th of september 08, could not have been worse, far-right, non-tolerating anything, just a very big mess
i do feel so ashamed, but austria, what could we do, we just harm ourselfs.
but the US
the whole world is looking for the new US president
someone who is respecting humans and animals

the respect of life, but not only for the unborne, but for everybody alive
nobody, not a man or a civilized culture should put a human or an animal to die
and we should not accept, that there are animal-kill-centers in many countries of Europe, and in the US

so, we are waiting
hoping, that the US gets a more friendly and more tolerate face
(i would have liked that hillary clinton would be the first female president, beeing female...)

yours smile.gif
Eva
katzen11
congratulation !!!
i have just got a newsletter from an animal welfare organisation in my country
that you did not just elect a new president for the US on 4.Nov.08
but
the people of California said

Yes on Proposition 2

was successful

more information by the Humane Society of the United States

that is great
Eva

PS.:
this is about those animals
the chickens
the baby-cows
and the baby-pigs
we enjoy sometimes at dinner..........OMG
Furkidlets' Mom
Yes, Eva, two good things at the same time, in my opinion. Let's keep focusing on, and acting on, the kind of world we'd rather see for all our animal friends and teachers! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.