Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Heart Of A Rescuer
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > CyberShoulder Room
myhrtisbrkn

She had the remnant of a heavy chain hammered fast to the ring of her too-tight collar. She limps on her front right foot from an untreated fracture. Her head and muzzle are a mass of unhealed wounds on top of scars, from bites and scratches. Her ribs show and her coat is dull and sparse from starvation. She came out of the alley near a football field where my nieces son's team had a game last week. She is an American Staffordshire Terrier...a pit bull, who some monster apparently tried to misshape into a fighting dog. They failed...She is sweet, and gentle, despite the horrors visited on her. she is intelligent and eager to please. She is not overly fearful, although she will cling to your knees when she first meets you. When spoken to kindly she literally leaps for joy... the best she can with that damaged limb. She is just a pup...maybe 8 months old.

Many people petted her and commented on her sweetness and then sidled away from her when they could...ignoring her desperate attempts to stay in contact with their shallow kindness. Except for my niece...who already is struggling to feed her family and the pets that she already has. She and her husband work a combined 120 hours a week. She did it because she could not do otherwise.She did it with faith in the purpose that sent this heavenly creature her way. " Thank God" the shallow people said when she loaded the little girl, now called Faith, in the back of their old car. Thank God indeed, for the holy compassion, and the unflinching spirit that brought these two angels together, and will...with God's help, keep them together for a long time.

Well done my girl,
Aunt Dayna

goliath
I see big loving hearts run in your family Dayna. Reading about Faith's rescue this morning started my day out on a very positive and uplifting note. No doubt our Lord intervened and sent this sweet baby girl in your niece's direction. With tender love and care Faith's wounds and health will heal as your niece nutures her.

I wish Faith and her new family many happy years together. wub.gif

Hugs of love,
Beth
havana
Dayna, it is so good to hear such good news so early in the morning, there are many many good people out there in the world, thanks, Jorge wub.gif
gillian
What a beautiful story.

nyzki

I was so happy to have read this post. I am glad that there are Angels out there like your neice. What's even more amazing is the fact that Faith holds no ill will towards people. She is indeed a very special Dog. And it had to be devine providence that brought those two together. It goes to show you that Miracles do indeed happen. Faith and your Niece are just two examples of that. I wish them many years of love and companionship in the future.

Boo,poppy,Muse, Nyzki wub.gif
myhrtisbrkn
Thank you all for your sweet replies. wub.gif

Here's an opportunity to dispel a particularly pernicious myth about pit bulls. Pit bulls have been specifically bred not to be human aggressive. It is particularly horrifying to me that these dogs are bred without the instinct to fight back against the people who put them through hell. This is the reason they are practically useless as guard dogs...except as the guardians of children. A Golden Retriever makes a better guardian against burglars. But if poorly bred they can be human aggressive, and they can be made vicious by torture.

So, little Faith is indeed a special baby...particularly since she is not animal aggressive... which pits are bred for (and so are most terrier and herding breeds)... When I saw her last she was asleep curled up with Stephanie's sick old cat.

Love from us,
Dayna
ann
Great story. I don't believe in aggressive breeds just aggressive people who brainwash these animals into being something they are not. There was a story in todays paper about 2 little pekinese dogs, so neglect their fur grew long into dredlocks. It matted so tightly around their legs they could not walk. They were rescued, did rehab, cleaned up and were adopted within hours when they were ready. They said they have so much love for people. Truely amazing animals to give with such big hearts for little in return. Thanks for your story. I hope their are many more people like you neice out there. I would have done the same. Ann
Muffins
Dear Dayna:

God bless your wonderful niece & husband for bringing beautiful Faith wub.gif into their loving home!

myhrtisbrkn stated: She did it because she could not do otherwise.She did it with faith in the purpose that sent this heavenly creature her way.

"Thank God" the shallow people said when she loaded the little girl, now called Faith, in the back of their old car.

Thank God indeed, for the holy compassion, and the unflinching spirit that brought these two angels together, and will...with God's help, keep them together for a long time.

It truly breaks my heart to hear of all that little Faith wub.gif has had to endure in her very short life thus far.
Like Nyzki stated: It goes to show you that Miracles do indeed happen.
And, in closing, I'll say, "THANK YOU DEAR GOD FOR THAT"!

Peace & Love to you and yours,

God Bless!

Denise
myhrtisbrkn
This precious little dog is in the hospital. She is gravely ill. Any prayer and good vibes you can send her way will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dayna,Stephanie, and Faith
AngelCareOne
QUOTE (myhrtisbrkn @ Oct 13 2009, 05:47 PM) *
This precious little dog is in the hospital. She is gravely ill. Any prayer and good vibes you can send her way will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dayna, Stephanie, and Faith

Oh no, Dayna! I only just read your initial post, cried, read further, saw what your wonderful niece did, felt so elated, then read what you posted today. Urgent prayers, healing vibes and a multitude of Angels on the way to Faith as well as you and Stephanie.

Many Comforting Hugs and Much Love!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
myhrtisbrkn
Thanks Dottie,

I've said it before, but it bears repeating....you are a gem!

love from us,
Dayna wub.gif
AngelCareOne
Ah, Dayna. You're very kind. smile.gif

I'm afraid to even ask, but I keep coming by for and update. Did Faith pull through? huh.gif

Please let us know her status when you're able. Okay?

Many Comforting Hugs, Angels and Much Love!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
myhrtisbrkn
Hi Dottie,

Sorry this took so long> As of last night she was better, but not yet out of the woods.

Many Thanks dear, more later,
Dayna
AngelCareOne
Oh my, Dayna. Thanks for the updates. Big Comforting Hugs to all of you!!!

Sending more Prayers, Angels and Healing Vibes to Faith!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
katzen11
Dayna
I still remember very well that heartbreaking story about Faith wub.gif
and Your niece Stephanie
glad to hear that Faith is doing a little bit better
all my best wishes
I am with my thoughts with You
love
Eva
goliath
Hi Dayna,

I got your email and have kept Faith and Stephanie in my prayers each and every night. wub.gif Now, I'm just waiting for an update on Faith's condition. When you can, please update me by email. I rarely come to LS anymore so I'll get the news quicker that way.

Much love and lots of hugs to you, Charles, Birga, and Famous Amos.

Beth
myhrtisbrkn

Faith and Stephanie lost their battle to stay together, last Sat. It was congestive heart-failure... and just general weakness and an immune system that just couldn't recover from the terrible start she got in life.
janika
So sad to hear about dear Faith, bless her. Stephanie has shown her what its like to be loved and cherished, just so sad they didn't get to share more time together. She's gone to Rainbow Bridge knowing that she's loved.
Sending hugs and prayers for you all.

Love Jan, Pixie and my Angels xx
myhrtisbrkn

wub.gif wub.gif Thanks, Janika!! wub.gif wub.gif
Flossie's Mom
Dayna,

So sorry to hear about Faith. Thank Heaven she had Stephanie for the last couple of years of her life. She made such a difference and Faith was able to know true love.

Ginger
madi
This story is sad and wonderful at the same time. Sad that there are people who can turn and walk away from an animal in need and wonderful because there are still people like your niece in this world. xx

madi xx
Brutus
I'm so sorry for the loss of Faith...but I am at the same time happy Faith got to spend her last days loved and happy with your Aunt...what a wonderful, caring person she is.

Bless your Aunt.

Sonya
katzen11
I am so very sorry to read, that Stephanies`beloved little Faith did not make it.
please send her my deepest sympathy, though I know, I am late.

Eva

PS.: 1996, when I got my Jimmy Klinger, he came together with his sweet sister Daisy.
three months later, after fighting very hard against FIP I had to put her to sleep.
I was so unhappy, and my mother said the same as Brutus posted
I had the chance to care for her at the end of her life.
that can help a little bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.