Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just A Little Worried About People Taking Their Pets
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > CyberShoulder Room
oliver's mama
Is anyone else worried that people aren't going to take their pets with them again? After reading all the Katrina horror stories and seeing it on the news and internet, I just hope that people exercise common sense and can find accomodations. I can't imagine thinking that if there was a chance that my house would be gone when I returned that it would be ok to leave my pets. It's sickening to remember that little white dog on the news that someone had to leave behind to board a bus...and the backwoods cop that shot all the pets in a makeshift shelter. Everyone say your prayers that this time that people have learned their lesson (I thought about adding a for God's sake warning to anyone reading this who is planning to evacuate...but then I realized where I was at and figured that people who read and/or post here are people who know it goes without saying. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif )
Muffins
Hi Oliver's Mama:

Here is some information regarding that, from Best Friends:

http://news.bestfriends.org/specialfeature...x.cfm?page=news

LoveThem
Well, I saw on CNN that this time there were shelters for people and their pets and others for people only. There seemed to be more of an effort to think about pets this time. Hope so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.