Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My First Time Here
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Death and Dying Pet Support
23kitty23
Hello everyone,
Yesterday, I lost my 4yr. old little boy cat, Stripey. I took him to the vet for a sonogram (long story), he made it through that fine but died suddenly when his heart stopped-- he had a blood clot, which I think lead to the end. This all doesn't even matter to me. I am still in shock and feel so sick. The vet had to call me with the news. I have had and lost other very special cats and this hurts just as much.

I can't stop the crying, keep wondering what I could have done differently, and did I do the right things?
I also feel so hurt for the vet. She is a wonderful doctor and lady. I wrote her a note this morning thanking her for all
she did for me and him. It must have been awful for her too.

I have his little sister with me and we will go on, hard as it seems now.

What I really want to say, is that through my tears, I found this site. There are the most beautiful people here.
I have been reading and reading (and crying and crying) and of course realize I am not alone.

I don't feel like I'm much help here, but hope to be -someday-

Thank God for the people here and for his love and comfort.
AngelCareOne
{{{{{{{23kitty23}}}}}}} I am so sorry for your loss, Dear One. You're not alone. I and many others here weep with you for your loss of your precious fur baby Stripey. How gosh awful you must be feeling right now. The pain is palpable. Oh, how I realize that.

So dear of you to think of your wonderful Vet in this time of your great sorrow. You are a Treasure and so is Stripey! I'm winging many Angels your way to comfort and guide you at this most difficult time, Kitty. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers as I light virtual candles for you and your beloved little boy Stripey. You can do the same for yourself and Stripey if you desire. I personally find it helpful since it's such a loving experience. It's free and you can light as many candles as you want and as often as you wish. The link can be found in a post at the "Pet Loss Support Resources and Articles" forum but I'm going to give you the direct link to that post. Just click on the Light A Candle image below to take you there.

I feel your tears and wish so much I could reach out and give you a big hug! Please give Stripey's little sister a big hug and kiss for me, Okay? Don't you worry in the least or give a second thought about not being of much help to anyone right now, Hon. Your own loss and grief is so fresh and raw. Lean on us. We are here for you. Please come back when you're able to share more. Of course, take your time. I realize it will be so difficult to type and even see your PC monitor through your tears. Again, I'm so sorry that you're going through this gosh awful terrible time, Dear One.

Sending you Many Comforting Hugs!!! wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
LoveThem
I am so sorry to hear about your kitty..Stripey. 4 years old. What an awful situation to happen. Sudden and shocking and unexpected.

You do need to cry but don't wonder about doing anything differently or doing the right things.
I am sure you did do the right things. You could not do something differently and prevent what happened. A blood clot can happen anywhere, at anytime, to people as well as pets. They can't be foreseen.

It is so hard when they are still so young..to believe something like this happens..and there is no answer to Why did this have to happen?

I am glad you have his little sister to be with you. These losses are so terribly hard and painful and the worst hurting ones are when they don't seem to make sense. It is bad enough when one knows their baby has a terminal disease but when something like this comes out of the blue, it just knocks one over.

You know you did the best you could for Stripey and that is all we can expect of ourselves.
We don't know when it is their time to leave us but I believe there is a time for them to go and when it comes we cannot foresee it or prevent it. We can only hope it is quick and peaceful for they deserve peace.

I have had a vet call me at 11 PM telling me one of my special ones passed and the reason was unknown and unexpected. It is different than when we have to make the decision to spare suffering and pain. But when you have enough of these babies throughout your life...when their time comes...there is more than one way for everything to happen. I agree with you that all are just as painful.

We really do all go through the same pain together and that is why there is so much understanding here. Words come from the heart where our own pain resides and if they help others..that helps us too.

I am glad you have been reading here and do realize you are not alone with your grief.
If you want to post pictures here of your boy and maybe his sister too..well, pictures have a way of allowing a smile to come out...because the picture is of a better time.

You can write about your thoughts and feelings if you want to. You can write a note to your boy telling him what you wished you could have said if you had a chance. You can tell some stories about what is special about him to you. Anything that makes you feel better to do or say..your words and thoughts are welcome here.

Hugs to you, to that special little sister, and to your new Angel, Stripey. wub.gif

Judy
sissycat
23kitty23

I am sorry for your loss. It is never easy for any of us. We are here to listen to stories and look at pictures if you have any to post.
When it is suddenly makes it so difficult. We don't get the chance to say goodbye.
Sorry don't have many words at this moment. Just wanted to say sorry and let you know we are here.

Hugs to you!!!!
moon_beam
Hi, kitty23. Please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the loss of your beloved Stripey. Losing a beloved furchild under any cir%%stances is difficult, and I can certainly understand the shock you must be feeling losing him so suddenly and unexpectedly. I am so glad you have a compassionate vet doctor. Even though they are professionals, the good vet doctors also feel loss and grief when they lose a client's furchild. This grief journey is one of the worst experiences we will have in our lives on this side of eternity. Questioning is alway a part of the grief journey: The "what if's" and "could I have's" and "why didn't I's" can be so overwhelming that sometimes we get to thinking we're going to go crazy. Stripey knows you did the very best for him at all times and in all cir%%stances. Blood clots are notorious for breaking loose and causing strokes, paralysis, embolisms, and instant death. And there is no way you can "prepare" yourself for something like this happening. Most blood clots go undiagnosed until a medical emergency occurs. Yes, you and Stripey's sister will in time get through this. Some people fear that if they allow themselves to be happy again that they will be forgetting their beloved furchild who is waiting for them at the Bridge. I assure you, kittie23, that this is impossible, for our hearts and our memories can never forget the ones we love. Stripey's sweet living Spirit is with you always wherever you and whatever you do. Kittie23, you truly are not alone in your grief journey. Each of us here knows first hand the trauma of losing a beloved furchild, and we are here for you for as long and as often as you need us. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, kittie23, and please continue to let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam
LauraK
Hi 23kitty23

Please also accept my deepest sympathies for Stripey. You are a special person who felt compassion for the vet even though you are obviously so upset yourself.

I found myself here about a week ago after Pepsi died, and I couldn't believe how many people were feeling how I were and reaching out to help me. I'm only at the 2 week mark, but I feel such comfort here. I hope you do too.

Laura x
ann
QUOTE (LauraK @ Aug 19 2008, 06:55 PM) *
Hi 23kitty23

Please also accept my deepest sympathies for Stripey. You are a special person who felt compassion for the vet even though you are obviously so upset yourself.

I found myself here about a week ago after Pepsi died, and I couldn't believe how many people were feeling how I were and reaching out to help me. I'm only at the 2 week mark, but I feel such comfort here. I hope you do too.

Laura x

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. At least you have his lil sis. You both need eachother at this time, cuz I'm sure she's feeling sad too. It wasn't 'til after everything was said and done that I thanked my vet. These 24 hr emergency hospitals are wonderful. So many people go in and come out empty handed that they can't even think straight enough to say a mere thank you. I lost my my 2 1/2 yr old Arthur 2 mo ago. I've cried everyday since. I haven't spent 1 ni away from this site. Stay here as long as you like. We are all here to help eachother... Hugs .. Ann
LuvLabs
Hello 23kitty23,

I would like to offer my sympathy to you in the loss of your dear Stripey. I hope that you will be comforted just knowing that others care. And please know that you did everything possible for Stripey. Unfortunately, it was just his time to go and become an angel. I know this is hard for you, especially since your baby was so young. But do know that with time the pain will ease. We never forget our loved ones, we just learn to move on without them. I hope that you will be comforted, recalling the happy memories you made with Stripey. I wish you peace during this difficult time.

23kitty23
Dear Dottie,
My goodness. Thank you SO much for writing to me. Your words were so kind and so comforting.
I, naturally, still feel shock and everything that goes with it, just like everyone here, but just wanted to send you a note because your kindness was so much appreciated. God bless you.

Liz.

QUOTE (AngelCareOne @ Aug 19 2008, 04:51 PM) *
{{{{{{{23kitty23}}}}}}} I am so sorry for your loss, Dear One. You're not alone. I and many others here weep with you for your loss of your precious fur baby Stripey. How gosh awful you must be feeling right now. The pain is palpable. Oh, how I realize that.

So dear of you to think of your wonderful Vet in this time of your great sorrow. You are a Treasure and so is Stripey! I'm winging many Angels your way to comfort and guide you at this most difficult time, Kitty. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers as I light virtual candles for you and your beloved little boy Stripey. You can do the same for yourself and Stripey if you desire. I personally find it helpful since it's such a loving experience. It's free and you can light as many candles as you want and as often as you wish. The link can be found in a post at the "Pet Loss Support Resources and Articles" forum but I'm going to give you the direct link to that post. Just click on the Light A Candle image below to take you there.

I feel your tears and wish so much I could reach out and give you a big hug! Please give Stripey's little sister a big hug and kiss for me, Okay? Don't you worry in the least or give a second thought about not being of much help to anyone right now, Hon. Your own loss and grief is so fresh and raw. Lean on us. We are here for you. Please come back when you're able to share more. Of course, take your time. I realize it will be so difficult to type and even see your PC monitor through your tears. Again, I'm so sorry that you're going through this gosh awful terrible time, Dear One.

Sending you Many Comforting Hugs!!! wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

23kitty23
Dear LuvLabs,
I want to thank you so much for writing to me. You are such a kind soul to send a note of comfort to someone
you don't know but feel for. I needed those words... Thank you for caring.

QUOTE (LuvLabs @ Aug 20 2008, 08:43 AM) *
Hello 23kitty23,

I would like to offer my sympathy to you in the loss of your dear Stripey. I hope that you will be comforted just knowing that others care. And please know that you did everything possible for Stripey. Unfortunately, it was just his time to go and become an angel. I know this is hard for you, especially since your baby was so young. But do know that with time the pain will ease. We never forget our loved ones, we just learn to move on without them. I hope that you will be comforted, recalling the happy memories you made with Stripey. I wish you peace during this difficult time.

AngelCareOne
You're so welcome Sweet Liz. I wanted to check in on you to see how you're doing. Sending more Angels, lighting more candles and many comforting Hugs to You, your Angel little boy Stripey and his little sister there with you. Please check your PM box, Dear One.

Do write more when you're able. Okay? It's by sharing and caring that helps us get through what must be one of the most gosh awful difficult times in your life. You are a Wonderful Person!!!

Many Big Healing Hugs!!! wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
havana
QUOTE (23kitty23 @ Aug 19 2008, 02:26 PM) *
Hello everyone,
Yesterday, I lost my 4yr. old little boy cat, Stripey. I took him to the vet for a sonogram (long story), he made it through that fine but died suddenly when his heart stopped-- he had a blood clot, which I think lead to the end. This all doesn't even matter to me. I am still in shock and feel so sick. The vet had to call me with the news. I have had and lost other very special cats and this hurts just as much.

I can't stop the crying, keep wondering what I could have done differently, and did I do the right things?
I also feel so hurt for the vet. She is a wonderful doctor and lady. I wrote her a note this morning thanking her for all
she did for me and him. It must have been awful for her too.

I have his little sister with me aClick to view attachmentnd we will go on, hard as it seems now.

What I really want to say, is that through my tears, I found this site. There are the most beautiful people here.
I have been reading and reading (and crying and crying) and of course realize I am not alone.

I don't feel like I'm much help here, but hope to be -someday-

Thank God for the people here and for his love and comfort.

Hi, Am so sorry for you loss too, am glad you can express all what you feel here with us, I wish I have the wisdom and words to make your pain easier 'cause we all know how you feel right now and our hearts goes with you, please give a kiss to his little sister for us and a strong hug for you, always here for you, Jorge
Deanna
So sorry to hear of the loss of Stripey. We are all very familiar with the pain you are feeling now. Just know, you are not alone. Please feel free to tell us stories and send pictures (when you are comfortable) of Stripey.
Much love and support,
Deanna
AngelCareOne
Hi, Sweet Liz. I'm checking in on you again today. Sending many more Angels to comfort and guide you. Take all the time in the world, Dear One. I know what a shock this all is and you can feel your grief and sorrow physically as well as through your tears. Oh, how I do realize that. Of course I feel concerned about you. One day at a time and baby steps. You are a Wonderful Person!!!

Much Love to you, your Angel little boy Stripey and his little sister there with you!!!

Big Comforting Hugs!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

LoveThem
Thank you for your sweet reply. It was very much appreciated.

Hugs wub.gif

AngelCareOne
Hi there {{{{{LoveThem}}}}} ... You are so Dear!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Sweet Liz, be sure to check your PM box. Okay? There's a beautiful Angel, a song and more waiting for you and your precious Stripey.

Sending More Comforting Healing Hugs and Lighting More Candles for You and your little boy Stripey!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

PS. Someone asked me how to find the candles I've lit for them and their fur children so I'll tell you now how to find yours. Once you get to this link, go to the upper left hand, click "Search" and type in the initials: "DZ" and that will take you to the candles I've lit for you and your fur baby Stripey as well as all the other candles I've lit for others. Here is the direct link to that site: Light a Candle. More Hugs!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.