Hi All
I have to put my kitty of 6 yrs down today. It will be very hard for both myself and husband.
We got Rocky when he was 1 day old. Fed him , mothered him...didn'tknow if he would live. He was 5 oz. when we got him from my husbands work. When Rocky was full grown he still looked like a kitten. He was 5lbs. I thought wow,,,we will have a kitten forever....
Then this month he started acting unusual not eating ....and sleeping in strange places. So I decided to take him to the vets. She checked him all over bumps etc. Then I said ...maybe there is something wrong with his teeth. We opened his mouth and his gums were white...no pink gums..
I said does he have leukemia? She said he may ...usually cats get it if they are strays....but Rockys mom was a stray...so Rocky must of been born with it.
She did a blood test and he tested positive for it. It is a virus so it can be transmitted to other cats. I have one other cat that has been with Rocky since birth. So the possiblities of him having it are good.
But Tippy is happy and purring like crazy...so I will get him tested at a later date.