Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pet Disease And Sickness
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
nyzki

Hello all.

Boo had to go to the vet today. He came home yesterday with a lump on his underside. It turns out that he had been in a fight, with another cat. It had become infected. I got concerned and in he went to see his vet. The vet found the infection. It wasnt very large but, it looked pretty ugly.

Boo, is usually kept indoors at night because a majority of the cat fights happen at night. The vet prescribed a antibiotic that he takes for seven days. I thought hmm that anitbiotic is exactly the same one that I have had to take for my infections. Only in people dose.

The vet didnt stich him up but, said to keep him inside and, use the antibiotic and all he will have is a scar but, none the less worse for wear. I am so glad that he is caught up on his shots. I know the cat that he got into it with doesnt have a owner.

I would like to see him picked up by animal controll but they dont pick up cats. He has become such a pain in the butt. And, is costing my other neighbours vet bills as well. We, all now have to keep our cats inside just to make sure that he doesnt attack.

I just have to make sure that Boo does not make a mad dash for the door he is pretty quick but while he is healing he doenst seem to interested in going anywhere but to sleep.

Boo, poppy, Muse, nyzki laugh.gif
havana
QUOTE (nyzki @ Jun 2 2008, 10:05 PM) *
Hello all.

Boo had to go to the vet today. He came home yesterday with a lump on his underside. It turns out that he had been in a fight, with another cat. It had become infected. I got concerned and in he went to see his vet. The vet found the infection. It wasnt very large but, it looked pretty ugly.

Boo, is usually kept indoors at night because a majority of the cat fights happen at night. The vet prescribed a antibiotic that he takes for seven days. I thought hmm that anitbiotic is exactly the same one that I have had to take for my infections. Only in people dose.

The vet didnt stich him up but, said to keep him inside and, use the antibiotic and all he will have is a scar but, none the less worse for wear. I am so glad that he is caught up on his shots. I know the cat that he got into it with doesnt have a owner.

I would like to see him picked up by animal controll but they dont pick up cats. He has become such a pain in the butt. And, is costing my other neighbours vet bills as well. We, all now have to keep our cats inside just to make sure that he doesnt attack.

I just have to make sure that Boo does not make a mad dash for the door he is pretty quick but while he is healing he doenst seem to interested in going anywhere but to sleep.

Boo, poppy, Muse, nyzki laugh.gif

Hello nyzki, praying to God for you baby Boo to get well soon, God Bless from Buster and Jorge wub.gif
goliath

Glad to hear that Boo's on the mend. Good luck keeping him inside where it is safe for him to recover from his wound and infection. I know it's difficult to keep a cat indoors when they are so used to coming and going at their leisure.

Here's wishing Boo a speedy recovery.

Much love from my furbunch to yours. tongue.gif
Beth
nyzki

Thanks Beth,

He seems to be on the mend. He is getting better. He has regained some of his energy and is doing the things that he normally would. It is nice to see the gleam in his beautiful yellow eyes. Now if i could only keep my new baby from wanting to play and annoy him. But, he does a pretty good job of letting Muse know ENOUGH IS ENOUGH LOL.

Boo, Poppy,Muse,nyzki biggrin.gif
goliath
QUOTE (nyzki @ Jun 3 2008, 09:32 PM) *
Now if i could only keep my new baby from wanting to play and annoy him. But, he does a pretty good job of letting Muse know ENOUGH IS ENOUGH LOL.

It's amazing to me just how much these little loves eyes tell us. rolleyes.gif I'm glad to hear Boo's eyes are gleaming again. The rest of his energy will come back soon.

I know what you mean about how much a new baby wants to play. It's their daily mission as soon as they open their little peepers first thing in the morning when they awaken. When Gidget had stitches in her face after her surgery 3 weeks ago, my new baby Browser just didn't know when to quit and just let her be. It's hard to keep both happy when one is mending and the other just needs to expend all that energy. I wish I could bottle some of that energy for myself. laugh.gif

Take care Nyzki..........So glad all is starting to get back to normal in your lovenest. wub.gif
nyzki

Thanks Goliath.

Boo, has been getting better each day, Wow I am quite impressed at how fast his antibiotics have worked. Gee wish that mine worked that fast. He is taking amoxicillian in a liquid form. And, is quite good about taking it. He is recieving it by one dropper twice daily. His energy levels are now returning to normal and, is more than happy to have a wrestling match with my kitten Muse.

I am so happy to have him getting back to normal. I am hopeing that we can avoid another trip to the vet for any more wounds but, somehow i think that this will be doubtful, unless i keep him locked up. And, I dont want to do that. So i guess this is the consequences you have, if you have an indoor outdoor feline.

He has another four days left on the anitbiotic. He will remain indoor untill i know that his infection and wound have healed. I took a look at it today. It seems to be healing and the infection sure looks alot better. I would however; like to clean it. But the vet said that I dont have to do that.

I guess that I will just let the medication and nature do what it has to do untill he is over this.

Boo, Poppy,Muse & nyzki wub.gif
goliath
QUOTE (nyzki @ Jun 4 2008, 07:23 PM) *
He has another four days left on the anitbiotic. He will remain indoor untill i know that his infection and wound have healed. I took a look at it today. It seems to be healing and the infection sure looks alot better. I would however; like to clean it. But the vet said that I dont have to do that[/i]

It's amazing just how fast they heal. Their pain threshold is phenominal as well and they just accept what needs to be done and don't worry about it.

My Gidget and Browser both have been on the amoxicillin. My vet says the same as yours does about cleansing a wound......not necessary. They're great little healers. However, if you are concerned about a scar you van take vitamin E capsules and break the open. Apply the oil directly to the scarred area and it will soften it. As a result, the scar will not stand out quite as bad.

Take care...........Glad to hear Boo is back to his sweet little self. tongue.gif
nyzki

Hello Beth,

Boo, is doing so much better. The swelling from his abcess is reduced in size and he is now back to being the rambunctious black ball of lighting that I know. I know that he is getting well, He went to his cat food cupboard and opened the door, He stands on his hind legs and opens the door with his front paws. PRETTY SMART BOY I HAVE!

He and Muse are the best of buds and he is acting just like he did when he was a tiny kitten.

Thank god for vets and Medicine. I dont know what I would have done if it werent for his Vet.
I LOVE HIM AND ALL MY BABIES SO MUCH!

BOO,POPPY,MUSE & NYZKI happy.gif
LoveThem
I am so glad to hear your home is getting back to normal...that Boo is recovering quickly. I am so sorry to hear what happened to him. I have had to use amoxicillin on my 3 (that are now gone) over the years and it is the same as we humans take and it does work very well.

I also saw your new topic about your new one, Muse, in New Beginnings and as I said there..looking forward to some pictures. I remember we talked about it when you were posting Boo's pictures and if you need any advice about pictures, let me know.
and I will try to help you again.

Hugs to you and your whole beautiful family wub.gif

nyzki

Thanks Love them,

Yes I remember the last time that i posted Boo's pics on here. This time I will ask for help. He is doing much better. He is just about done on the antibiotics. He wants to go outside but, iam not really sure about that yet. I want to finish up the antibiotic and, then we will see.

But, thanks again for the offer of help when it comes to posting pics on here.

Boo, Poppy, Muse & nyzki biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.