Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aspen Is Very Sick...
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
pepeinmyhrt4evr
This is Aspen and Pepe's dad. I guess I'm a little bit in denial hoping for the recovery of aspen. She's on pain meds and I'm beginning to feel guilty. I have layed with her all day....talking to her....she has always loved her belly to be rubbed (unusual for a cat)...So I have massaged her and rubbed her belly all day.

It's just that my cats have been my life for many years. The first one I got at age 17 shortly after my dad died...I got Aspen 7 years later as a tiny kitten. I have had a very hard life and my cats have been the only constant love that I have had.

I know I sound a bit nuts... but I need her. I don't think I can let go. Somebody told me not to cry or be upset because she can sense that. So I come here to share my desperation. I try to console those who's furbabies have left at such young ages....I know how desperate that must feel. I guess when a cat reaches it's teens one should expect something to happen. I was blessed because Pepe lived to be 23...but I guess that made me think that all of mine would live into their twenties. I keep wondering if their is something I'm doing wrong now...trying to figure out if I've changed anything.

I've been all over the internet trying to see if their is anything that I can do holistically for her to disolve the blood clot. I've always been so careful about their diet....they've never been overweight. I read somewhere that maybe a taurine defficiency can cause this. I just want to be able to fix this, I want her to be her old self to play with a wrapping paper ball or ribbon.

I thought she was getting a little better... but now I'm not sure. I almost think she's putting up the best front she can so I wont worry about her. I keep praying.

Please keep her in your prayers.

Tonight at 3AM...(I work midnight shift)...I'll print each of your babies names and pray....

Dad of Pepe, Aspen, Chevis and Amoco
John B
I know it's hard. We would do almost anything to make our babies better. I will pray that Aspen gets better. Sometimes that is all we can do after we have done everything. Actually it should be the first thing... but I digress.

Don't lose hope. Just love her and hold her. I'm so sorry if have to go through this. I do know the fear it holds. I pray that she gets better.

Take care and let us know how she is doing.

John B.
myhrtisbrkn
Adam,

I have been praying for Aspen, and for you since you started posting about her illness.I will continue to do so. Give her some extra lovin' from me.

I wish I had some holistic knowledge that could help cure her. But as for making her more comfortable; I have found that organic catnip helps my 23 year old arthritic kitty BK. It helps his appet*ite and it improves his mobility. I don't know that it does more than just relieve pain, but my vet says that he suspects it also has some therapeutic value as well. If she likes catnip, its worth a try.

Mack and Sadie's Mom,
Dayna
Bue's Mommy
Hello Aspens Dad, I'm sorry for the mix up in one of my replys to you.
I hear from my vet that sometimes clots, and such can dissovle on their own, and somtimes not. Like JohnB said, sometimes it's all you can do. just love her, and if you feel emotion share it with her, I did with Bue. he lived with me 14 yrs, and thers no way in East Schotch I could ever fool him into think I was not upset by his illness, and impending demise.

I think it's healthy to show emothin to a loved one, to me they are furry people, with less drama, and unconditional love. Hang in there, if nothing else she knows how much you love her.

Talk to you later
Bue's Mommy
Hello Aspens Dad, I'm sorry for the mix up in one of my replys to you.
I hear from my vet that sometimes clots, and such can dissovle on their own, and somtimes not. Like JohnB said, sometimes it's all you can do. just love her, and if you feel emotion share it with her, I did with Bue. he lived with me 14 yrs, and thers no way in East Schotch I could ever fool him into think I was not upset by his illness, and impending demise.

I think it's healthy to show emothin to a loved one, to me they are furry people, with less drama, and unconditional love. Hang in there, if nothing else she knows how much you love her.

Talk to you later
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.