Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Induced After Death Communication Trtmnt.
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Loss Websites, News and Other Info
Furkidlets' Mom
Here is something new about a grief therapy treatment I'm currently looking into. It's called IADC, or Induced After Death Communication treatment. It was discovered (quite by accident, as these things often are) by Dr. Allan Botkin, a recognized expert in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and grief during his EMDR (Eye-Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) therapy sessions.

They are hoping to make a docu*mentary film about this revolutionary treatment for victims of grief (and trauma and are also asking for tax-deductible donations to this end, if anyone's interested in contributing) and so this newer site shows a trailer for this upcoming movie, as well as providing some noteworthy information about this now-NOT-as-'secret' therapy for all those who suffer from grief &/or PTSD.......and how many of us don't in our lives?!?! Check out all their links and bookmark the site as they'll be adding more over time.

IADC movie & information

Dr. Botkin also has his own website, as does the co-author of Dr. Botkin's book on IADC treatment and experiences. His website lists those who've been certified and trained by him to deliver this type of treatment. Most pract*itioners are (so far) in the U.S., with one listed in Canada (there's also another one who isn't listed but who did train with him for this).

The therapist here whom I've already spoken to about this had a client herself who'd had an IADC with her own passed cat.....so YES, it's JUST as valid and possible for US folks!! This is why I'm looking into it myself, and also, if it's as great as is claimed, I feel we need to support, in whatever way, bringing such treatment to the entire planet.
zookeeper
Interesting. I was actually treated with the threrapy that you mention after a plane crash (PTSD).

Interesting to hear more about it's use with the grieving.
smile.gif
Furkidlets' Mom
Hey, I'm glad you mentioned it! If I may ask, did you find EMDR useful then? In order to avail oneself of IADC treatment, one has to FIRST have some regular EMDR therapy, so anything you can tell me about this beforehand would be very helpful!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.