Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here We Go Again :(
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
LoverOfAllAnimals
sad.gif It seems as though I only come here when something bad has happened to one if my animals... I just cant any other time, because I just sit here and cry when I read the posts here.

I had to have my 14 year old cat Gage put to sleep on December 2nd 2006. Now Paige, my only inside cat thats left is very sick.. She is only about 6 years old (not sure because I rescued her when she was just a little kitten). She was fine up until yesterday. Yesterday when I got home from work, she was just laying around. She is usually sitting somewhere, meweing at me. Late last night I was at the table paying bills, and she was sitting there by me playing just a little bit. She wouldnt eat or drink...I took her to the vet today, and her temp was 106.5! She is very mean at the vet's office, always has been. She hates it there. It was real hard for him to examine here, because she was being crazy.. Anyway he was able to take some blood and give her a shot of antibiotics...Gave me some antibiotics to take home, and told me to give her water thru a syringe...Now she is just laying around. I try to move here and she starts growling really loud and mean and she cant walk good. She just stops and lays. I wont know anything from the blood until tomorrow. I hope she makes it until then...Im so upset right now...I dont want to loose her. She just looks so pitiful laying there. I cant believe this is happening again so soon. I thought Paige was healthy, happy. I dont know what to do for her. I dont even want to go to sleep tonight and leaver her alone..My boyfriend tells me I need to stop crying. He is such a jerk..He was so mean about it. I can cry, my cat is probably dying! When I just lost a cat I had for 14 years 4 months ago. But I need to stop crying????! I cant stand him right now....

Sorry for another sob story. I will let you know what happens.

Thanks, Sasha
toonie
Hang in there, perhaps the antibiotics will do the trick. Try to reach out to people who care, we here do! Cry, you can't help it; you can't stop the tears to comfort someone else!
I once had a cat who became very sick around that age too, he spent a night at the vets', was given antibiotics and he got better and lived without problems for another 9 years.
Moose Mom
Sasha

I'm sorry to hear your Paige is so sick. Hang in there, all is not lost yet. Antibiotics can work really well. Cry as much as you need. I know you are scared to death. Please let us know what happens to little Paige.

I'll be thinking of/praying for both of you.

Love
LoverOfAllAnimals
Thank you everyone...

The vet called me yesterday and said that all of Paige's lab work came back okay. Today she ate just a tiny bit and drank a tiny bit of water. She wont eat tuna, she only ate a small amount of baby food I gave her......She walked around some and I even caught her purring, but she just isnt right.. She's a big cat anyway, about 15 pounds. I can tell she has lost weight though. Man I wish these animals could really talk to us! Im praying so hard she will be okay, but Im scared to get my hopes up, you know? Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
mbrammer
I'm sorry to hear about your cat Paige being so ill. I understand that it is hard to come here sometimes you can't help but feel empathy for those who are going or have gone through the some pain we have, and I cry alot of times when I read the post here it is hard for anyone to read about others pain and not have a response to it. I hope that Paige can pull through. My thoughts are with you both hang in there.
LittleGirl'sMommy
How are things now? Sending my prayers!
Love,
Kathy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.