Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foundling
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
mbrammer
Hi, just got back from the emergency animal clinic. A little black kitten needs some prayers tonight. Driving my daughter to her friends house this afternoon on a busy four lane road we saw a cat we thought sitting in the snow.. we turned arround to get on a side road and pulled up to where we saw it, no it's just a clump of dirt my daughter said as we stared out the window. No I think it is a cat. I got out of the car and approached it as I got closer the kitten with snow caked on it back looked up it tried to run I put my coat out to keep it off the four laneand it headed ofr the side roadmy daughter stood in it's way. so it stopped. I threw my coat over and quickly grabbed her. We brought her to an emergency animal hospital. Her temp would not regester. Gums pale. And yes it's a girl. we waited in the lobby. the vet came out after an hour. Her temp is now 95.6 so that's better, but she had a siezure. Glucose would not register. She has been given IV boluse of dex. and put on IV. Her gums our now pinking up. but she is still not doing well. vomiting. I hope for her recovery. please say a prayer for her little black stay. I will keep in touch. thanks Martha
Muffins
Dear Martha:

Bless you for saving this precious little girl wub.gif !

My prayers are with her right now as she recovers.

Please keep us posted!

Peace & Love,

Denise
mbrammer
I recieved a call from the vet, Kitten didn't make it, she passed quietly and quickly. thank you for your thoughts and prayer, I hoped she might pull through but she must have been closer than I knew to death. I will take some comfort in knowing that her last hours were not cold, and that the vets and staff at the clinic did what they could. she must have been out too long in the cold. Now she no longer suffers. Thank's Martha
AlleysMama
Martha

I'm so sorry the little kitty didn't make it. Bless you for trying to take care of her. Any idea where she came from? The poor little thing. I'm so glad you were there for her, and like you said, her last hours were spent somewhere warm, with people who care, instead of out in the cold and alone.

Rest in peace little girl. You were loved.
Moose Mom
Martha

Oh I'm so sorry the baby didn't make it. You were her angel. She was just too far gone when you found her. Thank you for all you did do.

Bye baby, go play warm and safe now. Look for Moose and Butch, Butch for sure will take care of you, he loves kittens.

Love
mbrammer
No Idea where she came from just found along busy road way. the poor little thing was covered in snow and it was about 2pm when we went by so it's no telling how long she was there. Just so sad I wish we had left sooner, maybe if we found her sooner, we could have saved her. I am not even sure if she had ever been around humans. She was so cute. black with a lite under coat. big orange eyes. It's such a shame her life ended but at least she wasn't alone. Thanks for caring, Martha
Simba's Daddy
I am so glad that there are people like you (and the rest of us) around to try to do what we can to help out the less fortunate animals. You did save her... from a cruel, slow, painful death. I can only wonder how many other people drove by her and just left her laying in the cold snow.

At least she got a chance thanks to you.
mbrammer
I wanted to add a thanks to The Lily Fund, a Quad city based organization running to aide in the veterinary care of strays in our area. They Have paid half of the cost of medical care incurred in the kittens care. wub.gif Sincerly Martha Brammer
AlleysMama
That's wonderful news Martha. I'm so sorry that they couldn't save the little kitty, but I am glad that you don't have to carry the financial burden all on your own. Its nice to know that there are some out there who truly do care.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.