Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If Anyone Has Any Questions On Mvd/endocardiosis
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Pet Disease and Sickness Support
gillian
Having lost my beloved Bono to heart failure 3 days ago, I would like to do something positive and offer advice to any moms or dads whose baby is going through what Bono went through, so they'll know what to expect, the warning signs. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and there's much I'd have done differently.

Bono was diagnosed with a heart murmur when he was 3. When he was 6, he was scanned and diagnosed with Mithral Valve Disease/Endocardiosis, and a Grade 5 Heart Murmur.

He was diagnosed with being in the early stages of Congestive Heart Failure in April this year, and after taking a bad turn on Monday afternoon, slipped into heart failure and passed away. He was 8 years, 6 months and 23 days old.

If your baby is suffering from the same or similar, I'd be happy to offer support and advice.

Gillian
lgrand31
My 12 year old daschund, Gordon, was diagnoised with CHF in January, 2010. He is on Lasix and Vetmedin. I am so worried because he has lost so much weight and muscle mass. He doesnt eat alot but he does drink plenty of water. I have tried buying high protein dog food but it hasnt worked. This week he has started having loose stools. At the last vet visit, the dr. said he didnt look good and that his heart sounded like a washing machine. She has never mentioned putting him to sleep, she just reminds me that he will not get better. How did you know that you beloved Bono was in heart failure? Are there different stages to CHF?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.