Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question About Postings
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Site Administration > L-S Tech Support
Furkidlets' Mom
I'm wondering what's up with the way this site is subs***uting other letters and symbols for certain letter combinations when posting, eg. double letters often seem to get symbols like ">>" subs***uted in their place, and when I kept trying to type in "&en", part of the word was replaced by an ampersand instead, no matter how many times I tried to retype the word before posting. ????????? ( in fact, I wonder if the word "&en" will come out all weirded-out again, when I submit this post ).......or is it just MY computer that's 'seeing' these words strangely?
LS Support
apologies, i just noticed this.

the subst*itutions are due to the bad word filtering of this software. we got hit pretty hard by some nasty posts with every 4 letter word you can imagine. trouble is, sometimes these words are part of regular words. so you see the *** and such.
Furkidlets' Mom
Thanks, Marc. Yah, I figured out what was going on with these the very next day after my question. Annoying, yes, but at least we can get around it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.