Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Over A Week Missing
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Lost or Missing Pet Support
Emilydana7
I am so upset that I am not yhaving any luck finding him, and we were fixing to get the cats all new collars, leon always hated collars and alwasy managed to get them off...Im so upset I feel like Im not trying hard enough or not looking everywhere that I possibly could... and what if he is stuck in somebodys garage or shed without food or water and is so hungry and thirsty and i cant get to him, I have all theses bad thoughts running through my head...
Muffins
Dear Emily:

Any luck yet finding Leon?? Did you put the ad in the newspaper??

I remember MANY years ago, I was 14 years old, our family cat ran out the door, and Sandy was gone for just over a week. All of our cats have always been indoor cats -- he happened to slip out. It was the first & last time any of our cats EVER went out!

I prayed to God, to St. Jude & St. Christopher, putting posters up on telephone poles, ads in the newspapers, told everyone in the neighborhood, put posters up in grocery stores & corner food stores, etc....

A week had gone by, and I recall feeling so afraid and alone.... I went to visit a friend of mine who only lived a couple of blocks away, and believe it or not, I could hear her next door neighbor (who was on his porch), talking on the phone, and mentioning that "We just got a new cat..."

Well, these people had our precious Sandy!!! I called my mom, and she came running down the street. This man actually wanted to keep our boy -- Wanted to buy him at any cost.

He certainly wasn't for sale. And, we were grateful to have him back home. Looking back, it was actually good that someone found him and thought he was lost, so he was taken care of.

Please, don't give up hope. It's very difficult when our babies are missing - because you just don't know if anything has happened.

But, keep looking, put signs up ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE...
Grocery stores, the corner store, telephone poles, ask people, etc....

And, if your ad has run out at the newspaper, I'd put it in again.

Keep the faith, too!!

Please let us know if you have found out anything at all...
You & your family are in my prayers, Emily!!

God Bless!!

Love, Denise
kattlover
I do not know how else to get in touch with this person. I need to know where she lives. About the same time she reported her cat missing, a beautiful neutered red male cat WALKED into my house. He has an incredible personality. I too live in a very small town near main roads and a highway. It just sounds too incredible that this could be her cat but you never know. Stranger things have happened. I did not see any signs up ANYWHERE not was I going to put any up. You just never know who would answer them. Thanks very much!!
LS Support
if it helps any, from my IP records she appears to be from tennessee.
kattlover
No, I live in New Jersey. I was hoping this was her cat. I thought about this all last night. Such a letdown. I figured this red baby was going home, but I guess he is home now. Thank you so much for you help.
Muffins
Dear Kattlover:

I can understand being nervous about putting ads up regarding a lost animal, because in this world, you just don't know who is going to answer them....

Perhaps this beautiful cat has found a new home..yours....

But, if it were me, what I would do is call local veterinarians, even your local police department, and see if there are any reports of a lost cat, around the time that this furkitty wandered into your home...
And, I would check with the local shelters, too.

Do everything you can to see that his rightful owner is found.

Whoever this cats owner is, might have a terrible broken heart thinking that something has happened to their precious cat.....
He could have wandered a great distance.

I recall having a furcat who went missing many, many years ago, and it turns out, he was only less than 1/2 mile away.....
(the person saw him, wanted him & when my parent's & I showed up - he offered to buy him)....
Needless to say....he came home with me!

It's just a thought.

Peace,

Denise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.