Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever Feel Like You Can't Win?
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > Lost or Missing Pet Support
jane
I visited an animal control center recently and adopted a little dog before it was euthanized. There was a healthy looking fox terrier there and I asked them not to euthanise it because I would try to find a home for it. Well, the person who I found took another dog, so I went to get it myself, and took it to my mother's house (after the vet for shots etc) because I have not fence and she had a fenced in area and offered to keep it. Well, shortly after I delivered the dog to what I considered a wonderful little fenced in garden, it jumped over the wall and there's no sight of it. I feel stupid that I didn't think the dog could get over the wall. More to the point, I feel frustrated that I tried to help and now it's missing. I guess it would be already euthanised if I hadn't committed to taking it, but I just feel so useless and stupid.
SJ J & S
Jane you gave him his freedom even just for a night or two.

My Jude lived for those nights she jumped the fence and **deleted sware word* off for the night.

Dont be too hard on yourself, you werent to know and some things are just meant to be.

Love Sue
LS Support
agreed with Sue, you've given the pup a second-chance. perhaps he will return, or maybe even be adopted by "happychance."
jane
Good news -- he was found in a neighbor's yard!
LS Support
yay!
SJ J & S
Im so glad, hope he knows which side of the fence his bread is buttered now biggrin.gif

Love Sue
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.