Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Theresa
Tom's Dad
post Mar 10 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

It's hardley a new beginning as Theresa has been with me 6 years this month. Where does the time go? But I felt she deserved her own topic.

As some of you may know, I got Theresa as companionship for Tom. Well, not her specifically, but it's why I was looking for another cat. I found her at the PetSmart where the Banfield Hospital is that I took Tom and now both her and Tang. The adoptions were sponsored by the Shelby County AS, the region's only no-kill shelter. She was off in the corner of her cage looking all sad and lonely. Apparently they'd had her from 4 months to 4 years (her age at the time.) That's a long time in a shelter. I have a feeling her time was almost up never the less. There was no adoption fee and the shelter worker had tears in her eyes when she was thanking me for taking her.

A few days later, I found out why. She went to jump off the sofa and fell flat on her face. She could not walk more than a few steps without falling. She appeared dizzy and disoriented. The woman I was seeing at the time suggested a clinic in the west end that's open every night until 7:00 - will see them if checked in before then. Banfield had limited hours at the time, so off we went. The lady vet started cleaning her ears and just kept getting all kinds of gunk out of it. And she still could not see her ear drums for the gunk. Turns out she had severe upper respiratory and inner ear infections. So much for the shelter taking care of their own mad.gif The vet said she must have been that way for weeks. And the shelter people tried to write off her sneezing and watery eyes to being a white cat (albino thing)

Well, long story short, after 2 more visits, MUCH medicine that was like trying to medicate a tazmanian devil, and about 200.00 in vet bills. She's been right as rain since then. Worst thing she's had in 6 years is some parasites (worms) that were cleared up with antibiotics. I have no doubt, had I not taken this little girl in, her days would have been very numbered. She's been my rock in both her over all health, but also as my comforter when Sir Thomas passed.

Happy 6 years (with me. 10 years of age total) little girl! and Hopefully many more.

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 11 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing your precious Theresa with us. Although you have shared with us in other places some of her history, it is so nice to see her have a topic of her own. She is indeed very blessed to have you for her Forever Dad, for obviously no one else cared for her to find out what was causing her balance problems. Her ears must have been very painful until all that gunk and infection was finally cleared. Bless you, Tracy, for taking wonderful care of your little girl.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa, and little Tang, kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Mar 11 2013, 04:46 PM
Post #3

Thank you moon_beam

Yes, it took a while before she was remotely normal. Follow up visits and 2 weeks of meds. During which time Tom came down with a cold. It was fun all the way around, not. I swear, I had to wrap her in a towel to get any meds in her, and that was with help. I'm glad I have not had to do anything more than occasional Tresiderm drops and the flea med that goes on the base of her neck. To this day her ears are sensitive and her eyes water on occasion. Other than that she's a pretty healthy 10 year old girl cat.

She's had to take a back seat for so long. First with Tom, and now with Tang and the special needs both he and Tom have/had. It was long past her turn to shine.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 16 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,464

Tom's Dad, thanks for sharing Theresa's story with us. She must have been so happy to get out of the shelter after having been there so long. Poor girl, she sure had a nasty ear infection. It's fairly common for cats to pick up respiratory infections in shelters. I know she is so thankful to you for rescuing her. I hope you have many more years with her.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Apr 6 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #5

Thank you DannysMom

She's been a "daddy's girl" since I got her. Loves when I pick her up for "daddy hugs" Good judge of character too. She used to sit in the hall and give my GF at the time the "evil eye" At the time, I chalked it up to being jealous. But, no that woman was no good for me, and Theresa knew it. Good senses.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 7 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #6

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing your precious little girl with us. Many times our companions can sense things in people that we cannot. Scientific studies prove that our bodies emit a chemical odor when we are lying, upset, afraid, etc., and that our companions can distinguish each of these odors - - and react accordingly. It is obvious that your precious Theresa loves you, and did her best to protect you from the untrustworthy wiles of your girl friend.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa, and little Tang, kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious companions. Please know you and your precious Theresa and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 1 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #7

I have not posted about my girl on here for a while. But last night she did something both unusual and heart warming. I have my computer on a 2 tiered desk. The tower sits beside it, the monitor on the 2nd tier and the KB and mouse on the 1st. Next to the monitor is the only "real" picture I have of Tom in a small metal frame. Theresa likes to get up on the 1st tier and look out the sliding glass doors. But last night, she sat staring at the picture of Tom. For almost 1/2 and hour, just looking at it. Slightly tilting her head. I wondered if she was remembering him, missing him. Just thought I'd share.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 2 2013, 09:58 AM
Post #8

Tom's Dad, thanks for sharing this precious experience with us. I'm sure she does remember Tom. Cats have a memory even better than that of dogs, they don't forget a thing, good or bad. I'm sure she misses him. What a sweet cat.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 2 2013, 01:10 PM
Post #9

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, stormy Sunday greetings to you and your precious Theresa and little Tang from my precious Noah and me. I hope this finds you and your precious companions doing well and in good spirits.

Thank you so much for sharing with us your precious Theresa's "special time" with your beloved Sir Thomas. There was definitely "something" drawing her to Tom's picture - - and how so very sweet of her to spend that time in "communion" with him. I know it warmed your heart to see it, my friend, and thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 2 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 7,071

Hi Tracy....Thank you for sharing your cute story about Theresa. I can just see Theresa now turning that cute little head saying to Tom, "Are you real?"......Maybe Tom was in touch with her through his picture. Thanks again for sharing and have a blessed evening with your precious furbabies.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 3 2013, 07:32 AM
Post #11

Thank you moon_beam and LoveMyMickey.

It could just as easily have been the way the sun from the sliding door was glinting of the metal frame. But I choose to believe Tom was making himself known to his little sister, if only for a brief time. Hope you are both well.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Mar 11 2014, 02:10 PM
Post #12

Well, it's time for another anniversary. With all the sadness in my life right now, I thought I should post something good.

Seven years ago this month Miss Theresa came to live with me and her then big brother Sir Thomas (may he run free run heaven) I tried calling Pet Smart and the animal shelter for the exact date, but alas, they have no records. It does not matter though. March will always belong to Theresa as May does to Tang.

Happy Anniversary Miss Theresa, and we hoping for many more.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 12 2014, 12:34 PM
Post #13

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, offering you and your precious Theresa congratulations on your anniversary together. As you so perfectly well said it, exact dates do not matter when hearts are united as one. Your precious Theresa doesn't care either - - she knows she is blessed to have you for her Forever Dad, and to have your beloved Sir Thomas and little Tang for her Forever Brothers.

When times are difficult, and do not seem to have a glimmer of hope in improving, I know how difficult it is to find something - - anything - - that seems RIGHT. The GOOD NEWS is that you have your precious Theresa and little Tang with you who love you for who you are, my friend. And like your precious Therea and little Tang, each of us here are ALWAYS on YOUR SIDE. Hopefully knowing this will help to give you the comfort and encouragement to keep forging forward one day at a time with hope in your heart.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 16 2014, 10:22 AM
Post #14

Tom's Dad, sorry I missed the anniversary....I hope your Theresa brings you happiness for many more years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Mar 14 2015, 06:26 PM
Post #15

Well, Miss Theresa

It's been 8 years this month (has it really been that long?) since I brought you home to join our family. When we lost your big brother Sir Thomas, I really leaned on you for emotional support. We spent the next 6 moths being there for each other, just you and me.

You have been my rock in terms of moral support and being healthy. I know you weren't especially happy when Lt. Tang joined our family. But you still did your best to try to make him feel welcome as his new big sister.

It's been a wonderful 8 years, little girl. I hope we have many more wub.gif wub.gif

Love,

Daddy

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 15 2015, 12:35 PM
Post #16

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, so glad to share your news that your precious Theresa is doing well. I know this takes a huge concern off your mind especially now that she is a "senior citizen." I know from first hand experience with each of my beloved companions who are now with the angels, and with my precious Noah who is still with me, how much our lives are enhanced with the company of our companions.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Mar 7 2016, 07:23 PM
Post #17

Well, it's 9 years this month that Princess Theresa came to live with me!

That's longer than any other fur kid besides Chauncey (18 years) who passed in 1995. That's some milestone I think biggrin.gif

9 "birthday" candles for my precious little girl - and hopefully many more!

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 8 2016, 01:33 PM
Post #18

Forum Moderator

Happy Birthday, Theresa!! You have the best Forever Dad who loves you dearly. May you, your forever Dad, and your little brother Tang enjoy many more happy, healthy years together.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 09:18 PM