IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pet Reincarnation, Have you ever had experience of it?
Slapfish
post Mar 29 2004, 06:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 251

I spoke to a pet psychic today who told me that Teensie had passed on. She said that she missed me as badly as I missed her and when she asked her if she wanted to come back she was very eager to do so. Of course finding her will be the problem, but it gave me hope that I might be reunited with her again.

She told me a story of a friend of her's she'd counselled about a pet who passed. When she found a dog that she felt was her beloved pet returned in a new body she brought him home. He was completely comfortable in the house and liked all the same places as her previous pet.

Then I read another story about a woman who found her reincarnated dog in a shelter and when he got in the car he sat in the very same spot as her dog had and did a lot of the same things.

Have any of you ever felt like a pet returned to you in another body? Have you ever hoped for such a thing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningplace
post Mar 30 2004, 08:19 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 281

I have heard about this and have read several articles about it in the last 2 weeks since my beloved Pumpkin died. I have secretly been hoping this might be possible, but like you, I wonder how I would find her. If reincarnation is possible for pets, wouldn't it have to be in the body of a newborn puppy?

--------------------
Until one has loved an animal, a part of their soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

+Quote Post
Slapfish
post Mar 30 2004, 12:35 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 251

When I spoke to the psychic she asked me if I would prefer Teensie to return as a kitten or a puppy. I said a kitten and that's what she told Teensie.

I'm a bit embarassed to admit I'm so eager for this to be true. Maybe she won't really come back, but at least for now it's a comfort.

When I first found her it was just one of those fortutious things. I had no intentions of getting another pet, but my husband and I entered a local pet store just to look around. There in a cage near the window was a skinny little tabby kitten. Nothing special. I picked her up because I LOVE kittens and she snuggled right up while I carried her around the store and pet her.

I was close to putting her back when my husband surprised me by asking if I wanted to get her. I joked with him until I realized he was serious.She was the last of her litter, I guess all the plump cute ones were gone, but she seemed very loving ans sweet, so I said yes.

She came from the shelter and was priced at $5. She came home with us and my husband fell in love with her. He was not a pet person, he tolerated them, but had never really bonded with any of them. But he bonded with her. He used to call her "our $5 cat", and we used to talk about how she was the best $5 we ever spent.

From there I grew to love her like no pet I'd ever had before. She was quite special and I believed that she was the last kitten left for a reason. I believed that we were "nudged" to enter the store that day for a reason. I even came to believe that we moved back to Texas in August, just so Teensie could be part of our lives. Perhaps that's a bit too much, but there was just something so universally profound in our bond that I did believe it.

That's why I think it might just be possible. I just can't believe that a love as great as the one we shared was meant to end so sadly. I can't believe that when she came into my life in such a fated way, when I was not even paying attention, that I could fail to find her if I am looking.

At least, that is my greatest hope and prayer.

+Quote Post
Vernie's Mom
post Mar 30 2004, 12:35 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 268

There are many things I believe, things I want to believe, and things that I know are true. Anything is possible. I have only once purchased an animal because I thought something was oddly familiar about the way the kitty "chose me" and the cir%%stances that brought me to the mall that had the pet store ... long story ... but I didn't buy the kitty for me. I bought it for my sister who had lost her cat of 12 years about 6 months prior.

I don't know, but that cat took to my sister unlike any of her other animals - and the ones that lived with her accepted that kitty as if she lived there all along! It was eerie ...

But I hope upon hope that my Vernie will come back to me someday. Who wouldn't? She and I were inseperable and had that "silent communication" thing going on. There is something to be said for that sort of connection. It never really dies. I know she is missing me right now - as sure as I am sitting here typing this sentence.

I'm soooooooo sorry about Teensie, but I'm glad you have closure now. That has to make it a tiny bit easier to handle now, right? My thoughts are with you!

+Quote Post
DJ - Edgar, Jess...
post Mar 31 2004, 12:55 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 65

I have noticed that Oscar has some incredibly familiar habits that both Edgar and Jesse used to have. When the heater/fan comes on in the living room, Edgar used to sit in front of it and bask in the heat. So does Oscar. Jesse used to reach out and touch my face to wake me up - so does Oscar.

Perhaps we are projecting, but in the end it does not matter. What matters is that I love my new little one and I miss my other two passed on ones. If they chose to come back, then wonderful - I hope wherever they are they experience the same love and joy I tried to bring to them.

And if they are waiting for me I hope they are playing and being patient and being good.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:03 PM