Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> I Need Some Help
EvEf
post Apr 1 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,429

My ten year old pug has now been blind for two weeks now, the vet told us that he basically turned blind over night and there was nothing we could do to help him not get blind. Now idk how to help him. He doesnt bark anymore, he spends his day sleeping and just staring at the wall. He doesnt care if he eats nd when he does we have to spoon feed him or put the food right to his mouth so he can eat it. He wont drink water we have to put some on his mouth then stick the bowl in his face.

i want to know how can i make it easier for him
the vet said his senses would kick in but it doesnt seem like it did

--------------------
Babygirl i miss u so much nd life rite now is sucking witout u i kno u wouldnt wanna c me sad but witout u i got no other emotion Babygirl i love u always nd forever..forever in my heart <3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
moon_beam
post Apr 23 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, EvEf, thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious companion is doing. The adjustment to vision loss for our companions is the same as it is for a human - - there is the shock and fear to overcome which takes time. Your precious companion is fortunate to have your loving patience and encouragement to help him with his adjustment. Try to keep encouraging him to know where his water bowl is - - but not at the expense of his not drinking water at all with your loving assistance. All living beings live in this physical world governed by the five senses of sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell. While the other senses help to compensate when one of the senses is diminished or lost, there is still no mistaking the need for loving assistance from others. It is comforting to your precious companion to know that he has your unconditional love to help and guide him in this new phase of his life.

I hope today is treating you and your precious companion kindly, EvEf, and that you will have a peaceful evening together. Please know your precious companion and you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how things go.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:17 AM