Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ladywolf's New Diet, She Loves it!
ladywolf
post Jan 12 2010, 01:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,254

Ladywolf was diagnosed last week with terminal cancer--probably a sarcoma of some kind, though the vet did not want to disturb her tumors by aspirating or biopsying them, since she thinks that Lady is pretty "far gone." I've been posting a lot in the "Death and Dying Forum," since I just lost my other dog three weeks ago.

Well, I've gone into "Warrier Mode" now. I don't know how much good it will do, but commercial dog food will never cross our doorway again. I am a force to be reckoned with right now. Her dinner tonight was: brown rice, baked sweet potato, cottage cheese, tuna fish, fish oil, a bunch of supplements, and a chunk of raw beef. (I get the leftovers!) I have very little money, but I will keep on doing this as long as she lives. The pleasure she is getting from her meals now is worth the price of admission, believe me. In the past couple of weeks, I have become a quasi-expert on canine cancer nutrition. There is little consensus on what works and what doesn't, so I am trusting my intuition and her enjoyment of various foods, and the few areas on which the "experts" CAN agree.

I'm mentioning all this here because at least I feel as if I am doing SOMETHING, at a time when I might otherwise feel helpless. If nothing else, Ladywolf will have had a lot of 5-star meals before she passes, and I will not feel guilty about not having done everything that I could possibly do to promote her well-being. If you haven't changed your ill pet's diet yet, perhaps you might want to consider doing so.

Thanks for all the support on this marvelous forum!

Margi and Ladywolf
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
janika
post Jan 12 2010, 02:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,120

Hi Margi

I'm so pleased that dear Ladywolf is enjoying her new diet. She has a very caring Mommy and is deservedly being given everything to promote a happy life. Keep up the good work and look forward to good times together. Like her mom, she is a 'fighter'.
Thinking of you both and sending 'hugs'.

Love Jan and my Angels, Tasha and Noushka x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:41 PM