IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Shelter Kitty Not Doing So Well, NEED HELP FAST!
mosmommy
post Feb 2 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 910

Hi All,
My shelter cat Huey has suddenly become lethargic tonight. There are no emergency vets to call, so I am reaching out to all of you.
He is showing symptoms of Pica, lethargy, and stunted growth. I have had him on a nutritional supplement called Nutri-Cal from Evsco for 5 weeks, and 2 days ago, he didn't want any. He loved it up until then. He seems weak and cold, and did spit up some clear-whitish foam this morning twice, and he doesn't want to eat or drink much water. Also, he wanders a bit from time to time. He doesn't seem comfortable.
Based on some conditions I have read about, it could be a few different possibilities and hard to narrow down, some lead to sudden death, so I need help right away!!!!
I should mention that the symptoms of Pica have been apparent for a couple of months, and that was the thought of vitamin deficiency, therefore we started the Nutri-Cal. He has been stunted since I brought him home, which I attributed to being in a shelter. He ate good from day one and started to bulk up a bit, but that slowed right before he started Nutri-Cal, which should have supplemented his nutrients and calories. The shelter says his birth time was at the end of February 2006, which puts him at about a year, but his size looks like he's 4-5 months old max. They tested and vaccinated him for FLV, FIV, and Distemper, and the Rhino virus thing ( don't feel like looking up the exact virus name), and he's been neutered.
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Peace, Love, and Prayers,
Michelle
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Our beloved Cosmo came to us in June 1995, and died on May 24, 2005.
Our beloved Beaner came to us in April 1992, and died on June 18, 2006.
Our beloved Creep came to us in October 1997, and died on May 22, 2004.
All our babies are loved and sorely missed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:57 PM