Closed TopicStart new topic
> Please Post Your Furbaby's Name Here (Closed, see Post #2), Post #1
beastie
post Jun 2 2005, 01:41 AM
Post #61

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 914

Name: Jackie (1995-2005)
Nick names: Jack, Sausage dog, Beast, Beastie, Monster, Black and White, Puppydog, Doggie
Favourite toys: frisbee's, sponge balls, the plastic dart gun shooter, clothesline, plastic bottles, slippers, door draft stoppers
Favourite food: Whatever you were eating
Favourite activities: Going for a CAR RIDE!! DINNER! Guarding her toys, chasing torchlights, trying to "catch" the moon because it looked like a shiny ball, chasing shadows, barking, and she adored sitting in mud (even if it was frosty outside)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karen44
post Jun 3 2005, 03:21 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 856

My furbaby:
Name: Max
Date of Birth: November 4, 1987
Died: November 11, 2004
Max came into my life: April 1988
Favourite nicknames: "The Mince", "Mr. Pinch", "Sweet Pea", "Beloved Puss", "Small One", "My Mushroom"
Favourite activity: Taking his morning constitutional (aka walk)
Website tribute at www.libraryhelp.net/Max.htm

--------------------
Karen44

+Quote Post
jenn
post Jun 3 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 918

My furbabies name is Freeway.
He was born in July, 1994.
We got him at 3 weeks old as his momma died giving birth.
Freeway died on March 30th, 2005.
Freeway was a beautiful mixed breed, mostly terrier, ##er spaniel, and poodle. He was black with little tuffs of white here and there. I will post a picture once I get one on my computer.
His favorite activity was tug of war, and chewing on his little squeeky dog. In his whole 10 years he never chewed on anything he shouldn't have, other than a pair of my dad's shoes with tassels on it.. he ate the tassels and left the shoes alone. He was spoiled as all good dogs should be, and loved pig ears the most.
He was faithful and strong, and very protective. Just the word "ouch" and he'd come running to make sure no one got hurt.
Most of all, Freeway was my loving companion when I felt I had no one. Every single second spent without him is painful. He will never be forgotten.

--------------------
It was in death that you taught me how to love fully and completely. It was in life that you taught me that I was worthy of such love. I long for you, but you are right here in my heart, forever.
Rest in peace, sweet friend.
7/8/95 - 5/30/05

+Quote Post
Janet
post Jun 7 2005, 07:50 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 927

My cats name was furball, she was a 12 year old siamese. We got her at 6 weeks old, just like a typical siamese she was very ornary. If she slept in the garage at night when i got up in the morning she would be at the back screen door when i opened the blinds. She would come limping in (she had arthritis) and go straight to the kitchen for food. Even though she had food in the garage. She couldn't climb onto the counter herself so she would cry and cry until we lifted her up to eat. She had a cute thing that she did. If you put your face near hers she would lick your nose, and keep licking it until you pulled away. She had the loudest purr. I will miss her forever.
My dogs name was Brandy she was a 13 year old Australian Shepherd. When we got her at 6 weeks old she was a bundle of fur. She loved to go hiking in the hills with my husband. Sometimes he took our other two dogs and sometimes it was just him and Brandy. She was such an intelligent dog and had so much energy. She loved to chase after the ball in the back yard. If you left the house for even five minutes when you came back she would greet you like you had been gone forever. Sleep peacefully both of you, until i see you again. I love and miss you so very much.

+Quote Post
babooshka
post Jun 20 2005, 04:46 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 953

My beautiful cat's name was Babooshka, and I'd had her since she was about 8 1/2 weeks old. I knew she was mine when she pooped on me on the way home. Babooshka definitely had a mind of her own! We were both very stubborn, and she really only liked me and my husband (she approved of him before we married! happy.gif ). My mom developed breast cancer last year, and we felt that Babooshka sensed that, for when they were visiting, Babooshka stayed close to my mom.

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed Babooshka wasn't getting up to greet me like she used to. She also wasn't eating her dry food. I took her to the vet, and the vet believed she'd developed a tumor in her mouth (Babooshka wouldn't let her check her mouth, and they couldn't do any blood work). I made the painful decision to have Babooshka put to sleep, and she went out growling! Babooshka would have been 18 years next month, and I swear I miss her more and more each day. I had her cremated and will get a locket so I can keep my beautiful girl close to me. I also have my favorite picture of her with me at work so I can look into her beautiful face. I feel that a part of me died with my sweet girl.

Beth

+Quote Post
Soyokaxe
post Jun 22 2005, 05:26 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 960

Furbaby: Zelda Jane Carbone
Date of Birth: 1997
Died: June 22, 2005
Luba came into my life: 1997
Favourite nicknames: Zelly-belly, Zel-Zel, Stinky, Sweetheart
Favourite activity: Playing her version of go fetch

Furbaby: Samuel Moe Carbone
Date of Birth: not sure
Died: not sure (Sammy was an outdoor cat and one day he just never came home.)
Luba came into my life: he was there for as long as I could remember
Favourite nicknames: Sammy-cat, Moe(He looked like Moe from the 3 Stooges, 'cept way cuter)
Favourite activity: Catching mice and leaving them on our doorstep.

Furbaby: Maximillian Artero Carbone
Date of Birth: 1995
Died: 2004
Luba came into my life: 1995
Favourite nicknames: Maxi-cat, Cutey-pie, Handsome
Favourite activity: Sitting his big but right in front of the computer monitor to get pettings.

I'll try to get some pictures together to post here later, I have to go visit my grandmother today though.

+Quote Post
jhassell
post Jun 26 2005, 08:45 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 972

Furbaby: Loki
Born: January 21, 2004
Died: June 24, 2005 (heart failure)
Favorite Nicknames: Kaykul, Shnoofie, Oh so
Favorite Activity: Chasing deer and drooling

He died too young due to a congenital defect. But he will live in my heart forever.

--------------------
And with the baseball bats...

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jun 27 2005, 08:31 AM
Post #68

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

welcome to the site to all those ive missed recently. i hope you find the support you need here to remember your friends fondly and without tears.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
Myangelherbie
post Jun 28 2005, 01:20 PM
Post #69

Member No.: 977

My furbaby:
Name: Herbie
Date of Birth: Unknown sometime in 1994, he was a shelter baby
Died: June 27th, 2005(was put to sleep due to Bone Cancer)
Herbie came into my life: December 1995
Favourite nicknames: "Herbie wurbie" "Herberto" "Little Man" "Herbie Boy"
Favourite activities: Sleeping, Sitting in someones lap, Playing with His blue baby blanket.

I miss ya Herbie! I really do...

--------------------
"Dogs and cats are on earth for a short time
because they are born knowing how to love,
and be kind."

Herbie- unknown,1994 - June 27, 2005

Herbie, My furry angel, I miss you

+Quote Post
Jules
post Jun 30 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #70

Member No.: 970

Kitty Pang Mi
She was 19 or 20 years old, lived with me for 17 years
Died June 11, 2005
Nicknames: Fuzz Face, Special K, Boo Boo, Honey Pie, Cuddle Bug
Favorite activities: Expert and professional sleeper, Sun worshiper, Hogger of hot clothes just out of the dryer, Following us around from room to room, Coming halfway down the stairs and playing through the banister, Holding a conversation ("How are you?" "Meow." "Did you have a good day?" "Meowww." "Anything happen while I was out?" "Meoooww."), Lap hopping when guests were visiting (so many laps, so little time).

Little Sweetie Pie.

+Quote Post
LoverOfAllAnimal...
post Jul 5 2005, 08:36 PM
Post #71

Member No.: 963

Furbaby: Caden Mitchem
Breed: Siamese-possibly full-blooded
Date of Birth: late May or early June 2005
Date of Death: July 3rd, 2005, 6:45 am
Came into our lives: June 26th, 9:30 pm
Nicknames: Cades, Miss Cades, Cadie
Favorite things: Having a bath from her doggie brother and sister biggrin.gif Snuggling with her Mommy (and everyone else that would hold her) Loved to talk alot, looking just plain adorable!!
Family: Mommy-Sasha, Daddy-Justin, Grandma-Nancy, Doggie Brother-Shadow, Doggie Sister-Lexie, Kitty Brother-Gage, Kitty Sister-Paige, tons of outside kitty brothers and sisters, and many humans that loved her.

I wish I had a picture of my little darling, but unfortunetly, we didnt have much time together. Only enough time for me to fall in love with her and have my heart break into many pieces when she left me. Just imagine one of the tiniest Siamese kittens ever!! (only 7 ounces at time of passing)

Cades, we miss you baby. Keep on holding my hand with your tiny little paw, like you did the last time I was with you and Mommy will be okay. I just need to feel your little paw in my hand and everything will be okay with the world. Love you Miss Cades. Big Hugs and Kisses. I hope your nice and warm in your baby blanket....Good Night sweetie.........

--------------------
In Memory of Charcoal (?-Dec '02), Caden (May '05-July '05), and Fluffy Tail (June '05-Dec '05) I love you all, my sweet babies

Mommy to Gage (cat-12 yrs old), Paige (cat-5 yrs old), Shadow (dog-6 yrs old), Lexie (dog-3 yrs old) Bud (dog-11 months old) and numerous outside kittys :)

+Quote Post
slbrock59
post Jul 6 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #72

Member No.: 25

Our beloved furbaby was named Garfield. Mom loves Garfield and he was orange so he was named Garfield. He was born in our home in 1996 and passed in Mom's loving arms on July 4, 2005 at 1:44 am. He was a polydactyl or Hemmingway cat. His extra toes made his front paws resemble boxing gloves. He was the sweetest cat. He loved to sleep, high places and having his feet rubbed. We used to play "hop up". We could go up to him, pat our chest, and say "hop up' and he would stand on his back feet and put his big front paws on your chest. Mom affectionately called him her "big ol' baby". We love you and miss you deeply. Good night sweet prince and may flights of angels take thee to thy rest.

--------------------
You left paw prints on our hearts.

+Quote Post
bluejules
post Jul 7 2005, 02:57 AM
Post #73

Member No.: 712

Name: Shaun. Classic brown tabby Maine Coon
Show name: Pawsntail Maine Road Boy
NIcknames: Our little lion, little teddy lion, Shauny boy, Twm Sion Cati (we got this from a Welsh soap opera!)
Born: 3rd March 2003
Came into our lives: Shaun was in our hearts the minute we set eyes on him - he was about 4 weeks old. He came to live with us on 26th May 2003.
Died tragically: 5th July 2005

We had 3 cats when we got Shaun, but he remained very much our baby - and particularly my husband's baby.
Within a week of collecting him he developed a medical problem, and our vet thought he may have megacolon. He advised us to think carefully about keeping Shaun. I phoned the breeder and told her; she said "I think I owe you another kitten if you want to bring Shaun back." No way! He was with us for ever. I remember that the Shania Twain song was in the charts, and I used to sing to him "I'm keeping you forever and for always".

With homeopathic treatment, Shaun got better. He grew into the most beautiful, stunning cat I've ever seen. Everyone who saw him used to say "WOW!!!" It was a pleasure just to see him in our garden, his gorgeous golden fur glowing in the sun. He used to lie with us purring and flexing his huge paws. He also loved sleeping in uncomfortable places - especially boxes that were too small for him!

In February 2005 Shaun developed swollen lymph nodes. The vet feared that he may have lymphoma, took a biopsy and told me to prepare for the worst. We were devastated at the possibility of losing him. We hugged him and hoped and wished so hard. A few days later the vet phoned - it wasn't lymphoma. We didn't know what it was, but it seemed that we were given more precious time. We didn't know that it would only be a few months.

On Tuesday 5th July 2005 he was not there for breakfast. I took my daughter to school and decided to look for Shaun when I came back. When I got home, my husband was in the living room, and he told me that Shaun was dead. He had been hit by a car. Pete found him on the side of the road and carried his body back to our garden.

Well, readers, you all know this pain. You've felt those knives. I know from experience that one day I'll stop crying.

Goodnight, my little teddy lion. You brought us thousands of precious moments. Stay near and comfort us, Shaun, we need you and always will.
Your loving mummy and daddy, Jules and Pete.

+Quote Post
Shimmer
post Jul 7 2005, 11:47 AM
Post #74

Member No.: 917

In honour of Duke
Breed: Pekingese (definitely) / Lhasa Apso (supposedly)
Date of Birth: September 16, 2002
Came into my life: November 20, 2002
Went to the Rainbow Bridge: June 1, 2005
Nicknames: Dukey, Dukey Boy, my baby, the Dukester, Little Bugger, Booger
Favourite things: Playing tug and fetch with his lion, cuddling, getting the spot behind his ears and above his tail scratched, licking my ears when I took my hearing aids out, licking lotion off my hands, running back and forth in the house and banging into walls, going for walks, eating pieces of fuzz off the carpet, eating people food and specific dog treats, chewing my underwear up, eating plants, sleeping on the arm of the couch....

I have so many wonderful memories of Duke. I wish he was still here to make more with. I'll love him and miss him forever. You're always in my heart, my little boy.

+Quote Post
MumofSerge
post Jul 9 2005, 09:01 PM
Post #75

Member No.: 1,006

What a beautiful idea for a thread.

My boy's name was (is...cuz they'll always be with us)
SERGE BOBBY ELVIS GAINSPAWS HALE
(Better know simply as 'Sergey')
Also known as 'Bobby Carnaby'..that was his 'jet-set' name!)

Sergey came to me in 1992, and left me on Tuesday (July 5th, 2005)

My life will never be the same.
Amanda ***x
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Serge Bobby Elvis Gainspaws Hale
(better known as 'Sergey')
1992 - 2005
A Little Gentleman

+Quote Post
BonnieBelle
post Jul 10 2005, 11:05 PM
Post #76

Member No.: 1,010

Furbaby: Bonnie Belle Martin
Breed of Cat: Well, she came from a farm, but she looked like a Turkish Angora, with beautiful long white hair (I hope the picture comes through).
Birth: May 20, 1990
Death: June 30, 2005 im my arms at home
Nicknames: Bonnie, Bonnie Belle, Bons, Kitty, Bonniecat, Snit, Miss Kitty, Kittyfats, Sweets, Fluff, Bonzy wonzy
Favorite things to do: Play fetch, meow with her fishy or mouse in her mouth, gallop through the house, help me with my masters work, talk and purr, follow me around, look out the window, and snuggle with me night and day
Bonnie died at the age of 15 from Lymphoma, three weeks after diagnosis. I miss her so much and have had several signs from her. I keep expecting her to walk up and start rubbing around my legs. She was the sweetest pet I have ever owned and helped me through some rough times. She loved me no matter what. I miss her deeply.....
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Patti
post Jul 21 2005, 01:36 AM
Post #77

Member No.: 973

Name: Neko

Born: Spring 1987 in Los Angeles, California
Died: June 22, 2005 in Buffalo Grove, Illinois

Neko walked into my life in August 1987. We moved to Mount Prospect, Illinois in June 1988 (she had to fly steerage, unfortunately) and then to Carpentersville, Illinois in February 2000.

Favorite nicknames: Nekon, Neek-Nock, Big Mac, Catfish, Fishface, Striper, Mackeral Cat and. . . (briefly) Fleabag.

Favorite activity: talking back to me when she was younger. Whenever she knew I was going out and she heard my car keys jingle, she'd chatter and sass me when I'd tell her, "Neko, you be a good girl and behave yourself. No fighting and no escaping while I'm gone."

--------------------
Neko
Spring 1987 - June 22, 2005

Eighteen years was never enough but you know "heaven is all around us."

+Quote Post
guardmmr
post Jul 21 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #78

Member No.: 1,021

Name: Beaumont
Date of Birth: 7/11/92
Date of Death: 7/8/05
Pet Names: Beau, Boots
Favorite Activities: Eating (anything), going for rides, and following mom around the house.

+Quote Post
Lauree
post Jul 24 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #79

Member No.: 1,031

This is just like reading The Dean's Honour List, isn't it? All these guys are so unique and special. My boy's stats are:
NAME: Stumpy
BREED: Corgi X Border Collie
BORN: Sometime in 1988, we don't know exactly
CAME INTO OUR LIVES: August 1994
DIED: July 15th, 2005
FAVOURITE THINGS: Pretty much anything edible but especially apples. Playing with his hockey glove, or his tennis ball., or just generally hanging out with his buddy K-Cat.
I miss his companionship, his sweet little face, the feel of his head as I scratched him between the ears......this picture was taken the day he died....of course I remember him as a young fellah, but this is the last image I have of him.
Lauree
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Melanie
post Aug 1 2005, 07:37 AM
Post #80

Member No.: 1,040

Furbaby..Stewart
Breed Golden Retriever
Birthday May 6,2005
Died July 27, 2005 of an inoperable heart defect that was never detected at any vet visit
Nickname Stewie Stewat jr.
Favorite thing to do Tug of war with pig toy that made noise, play under the covers in my bed and watch Nascar races with me on sundays (well I enjoyed it more then him).
My family and I are big Nascar fans(hence Stewart named for Tony Stewart) I would put on his black and orange bandana every sunday and watch the race with him.

Though he was with us just a short time he was our baby and will be in our hearts forever.

Thank you for this thread. It is so nice to learn about everyone else's wonderful furbabies. Also, I feel like I will always think of him with a smile on my face when I come to this thread again. GREAT idea

--------------------
Stewart, my beloved golden retriever puppy, died on July 27, 2005 after a fatal heart defect was detected. He was only 13 weeks old. Although our time together was short he will live on in my heart and my life will never be the same.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:15 AM