Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mary Margaret Is Sick
Deidre
post Jan 14 2015, 12:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,402

Please everyone pray for my Mary Margaret. My little cat is 15 and has lost weight and doesn't like to eat too much. I think her time may be coming and I just don't want her to suffer. We have a vet appointment tomorrow. She seems happy and still gets around really well, so I still have hope. Maybe she just needs medication or a special diet. We will see. Just please send her good thoughts. I just lost my dog Bitsy in September, so this is really hard.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 14 2015, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Deidre, thank you so much for letting us know how you, and your precious Mary, are doing. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers that the vet will be able to diagnose what is happening and comfortably restore your precious girl to a good quality of life. Thank you also for sharing this wonderful picture of your precious Mary with you - - she is adorable. Please let us know how things go tomorrow.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Jan 14 2015, 05:42 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 274

{{{Deidre}}},

Prayers are on their way from here as well !

The picture of you with sweet Mary Margaret is so nice ! The love between you 2 is very obvious!

Keep us posted.

Prayers of healing,

Kathy

--------------------
Compassion for all animals. www.earthlings.com

+Quote Post
Deidre
post Jan 15 2015, 11:08 AM
Post #4

The vet gave Mary Margaret a couple of injections to settle her stomach and stimulate her appetite. We're doing blood work, he suspects kidney disease, but thinks we may be able to manage it with diet changes and medication. Right now he just wants to get some weight back on her. We should get the blood work back tomorrow. Thank you for praying for her and please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 15 2015, 02:56 PM
Post #5

Forum Moderator

Hi, Deidre, thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious Mary's vet exam went. Sadly, when our companions age their physical bodies do not function as well as they did in younger, healthier years. Hopefully under your and your vet's compassionate care your precious Mary will be able to enjoy more time with you with a good quality of life. Please know your precious Mary and you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how the blood tests turn out.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Deidre
post Jan 16 2015, 12:55 PM
Post #6

Well Mary Margaret's blood work came back and it was not good. She had diabetes in addition to her kidney disease and she is very sick. I'm going to have to let my precious girl go. She is a beautiful little cat and I am so privileged to have known her. We will be putting her to sleep this evening when her daddy can be there.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 16 2015, 02:54 PM
Post #7

Forum Moderator

Hi, Deidre, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the sad diagnosis for your precious Mary. Although you know releasing your precious girl from her frail, fragile, failing physical body is the most loving decision you can make for her now, it does not diminish the deep sorrow in your heart. Please know your precious Mary, and you, are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing - - we are here for you, Deidre.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deidre
post Jan 16 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #8

Mary Margaret is gone. I still have 5 dogs and yet this house is so empty without her. She's with her sister Bitsy who died in September. I just feel so empty. Mar Mar was with me for 15 years. I don't know how to not have a cat.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 17 2015, 02:15 PM
Post #9

Forum Moderator

Hi, Deidre, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved Mary. You are now on a journey that is filled with all the first withouts and the heartbreaking task of re-inventing your daily routines that no longer include the physical needs of your beloved Mary. This is a journey that can only be traveled one day at a time, sometimes one moment at a time with the reassurance that you are not alone - - you are among friends here who truly do understand what you are going through and are here for you for as long and as often as you need us.

Deidre, your beloved Mary is so very thankful to you for releasing her from her frail, failing physical body so that she is now restored to her former youthfulness in the company of the angels. This is what love is - - putting the needs of another ahead of our own especially at a time that is so very emotionally painful for us. Please know that your beloved Mary's sweet Living Spirit continues to share your earthly journey as she always has and always will - - for love is eternal - - it is not restricted to the physical laws of time and space. Your beloved Mary is always and forever a part of your heart and memories, Deidre - - she is always and forever a heartbeat close to you.

Thank you for honoring us in sharing your beloved Mary with us, Deidre. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Jan 17 2015, 08:14 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 274

My heartfelt sympathies.

Moon Beam said everything perfectly!! wub.gif

Kathy

--------------------
Compassion for all animals. www.earthlings.com