Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Say A Prayer For Chloe
MashaDanki
post Sep 24 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,796

We had to put down our yellow lab, Chloe, just two days ago and I'm absolutely heartbroken. I would even go as far as to say that I'm having a harder time with this today than I did yesterday. I just wanted a place I could talk about it a bit and I was hoping that doing so here would in turn somehow help me, as this is the first time we've ever been through this phase of a dog owner's life.

Chloe had a cancerous brain tumor growing out the top of her head. Unfortunately, it was growing inwards as well. It had been displacing her eyes for the last 6 months or so, but we made sure we kept her comfortable and that she had a quality of life that meant she was still "living" and enjoying the time she still had.

But that changed on Tuesday night. She started panting heavily and kept wanting to go to the door that led outside. We thought she was hot or just needed to go to the bathroom. It was a cool night in the 50's/60's, but it didn't help. We'd take her out and she would just pull towards the car. After an hour or so of this, we decided something was wrong and we took her to the emergency animal hospital.

They couldn't find anything outwardly wrong, so they gave her some sedatives and a shot of some heavy pain medicine to keep her comfortable through the night. The hope was that whatever was causing the pain would pass overnight. And she slept beautifully and peacefully through the night.

She was up and quiet when I got up in the morning. I was very optimistic that whatever was causing the pain had gone. That was until I got out of the shower. She was panting heavy again.

Chloe started to go the door that led outside again and this time she started to whine. When we took her out, she would still just pull to the car. Looking back on it now, I think this was her way of telling us that it hurts and to take her to the vet to fix the pain. We did call our regular vet and scheduled to bring her in right away.

We discussed all of our options with the vet. But based on the fact that it appears the tumor was what starting to cause the most recent pain she was feeling, and the fact that the treatment options available didn't seem that they would give her any kind of quality of life, we decided to the best thing for her and the hardest thing for us and let her go.

It was very peaceful and in no way do I question it was the right time to let her go. After all she had ever given to us, it was probably the second best thing we could have ever given to her next to our love. But there is the very large hole in my heart right now that is making me struggle to get through the day.

I need to be at work, and that does offer some distractions, but my mind is constantly wandering back to Chloe. I miss her terribly, and I'm sure I will for quite some time. I know my wife is struggling with this too. We have no children and our dogs were very much the focal point of our lives. I'm not sure our other dog quite understands what happened to her sister, but I'm sure she is loving the extra attention she is getting right now. And I think that helps us, too. But the selfish part of me just wishes that Chloe were here with me right now.

Rest in peace, Chloe. Your Mommy and Daddy love you always and will see you again someday.

RIP Chloe
4/10/99 - 9/22/10
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Sep 24 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,797

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss of sweet Chloe. Please accept my deepest condolences. You are both in my thoughts and prayers as I wing many loving Angels to soothe and guide you through this most difficult time in your life. I also wish to bestow many Blessings upon you and Your Angel Fur Kid Chloe.

Please turn up your volume and click on the Angelic lady.

"Sleep Song"
by: Secret Garden

Lay down your head and I'll sing you a lullaby. Back to the years of Loo-Li,Lai-Ley. And I'll sing you to sleep and I'll sing you tomorrow. Bless you with love for the road that you go.

May you sail fair to the far fields of fortune with diamonds and pearls at your head and your feet and may you need never to banish misfortune. May you find kindness in all that you meet.

May there always be Angels to watch over you. To guard you each step of the way. To guard you and keep you safe from all harm.
Loo-Li,Loo-Li,Lai-Ley.

May you bring love and may you bring happiness. Be loved in return to the end your days. Now fall off to sleep. I'm not meaning to keep you. I'll just sit for a while and sing Loo-Li,Lai-Ley.

May there always be Angels to watch over you. To guard you each step of the way. To guard you and keep you safe from all harm.
Loo-Li,Loo-Li,Lai-Ley. Loo-Li,Loo-Li,Lai-Ley.

Many Comforting Hugs!

I wish you Peace.

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
janika
post Sep 24 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,120

Dear MashaDanki

My sincere condolences for the loss of your dear Chloe. What a beautiful girl she is. You did a very loving and brave thing for her and she knows that. She is in peace now and will just want her mum and dad and fur sister to be ok. Yes the hard part has to come for you all, and that's missing her physical presence. Remember she will always be with you, always in your heart and soul.
I send my love and prayers for you all at this time.
Hugs Jan and My Angels and Pixie xx

+Quote Post
MommyluvsuLukas
post Sep 24 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,733

Dear MashaDanki

I first would like to say that my condolences are with you and your wife on losing your beloved dog Chloe. What a beautiful dog. I cried as I read your story because I know how hard it is when we lose a pet. I too just lost my dog Lukas to cancer over three weeks ago and it was also the first time I had gone through this phase as a dog owner so I know and understand the pain that you are feeling. The grieving process is different for us all but one thing in common is that the grieving journey has many emotions. I only know that as time goes on I try to remember the good times that my beloved dog gave me. I have days that are good and some days where the pain is still so fresh. If you allow yourself to grieve and go through the process of grieving you will see in time that you will begin to smile again with the warm memories that Chloe has given you.

My prayers are with you during this hard time and know that Chloe is at peace now free of pain and always with you in spirit.

MommyluvsuLukas

+Quote Post
my4everfriend
post Sep 24 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,799

So sorry for your loss.... we too had a Chloe pass away a few years ago (a golden retriever). It is so hard to lose them and make no mistake they are our children! She was lucky to have such a great family and I hope you can find peace soon. The wonderful memories will eventually be back.... and every Chloe you hear or see in the future will remind you of the fabulous furry friend that will always be in your heart and part of your family. Huge hugs from the Rocky Mountains.

--------------------
"... what we have enjoyed, we can never lose ... all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." ~(Helen Keller)

+Quote Post
litebrez
post Sep 25 2010, 02:21 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 590

Just a message to let you know that I will keep a special prayer going for your beautiful Chloe and for Chloe's fur sister, you and your wife. I understand how heart broken you are feeling and dreading the loss of your precious, big girl.
Keep Chloe alive in your hearts by cherishing all those wonderful, joyful days, months and years you shared together. Chloe's fur sister will need you both, as well.
Please write often......share you thoughts and feelings with all your new caring and supportive friends.
Sincerely

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:12 AM