IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To Be Posted Very Low On The Refrigerator Door, What We All Know About Our Babies
RhiRy
post May 30 2008, 02:23 AM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,767

I have just lost my beautiful kitten who we had for just one week, I haven't been able to write what happened quite yet as its just too hard, but your post managed to make me smile, so thank you for that.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Jul 13 2008, 01:27 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 4,836

QUOTE (Bue's Mommy @ Jan 19 2008, 11:41 PM) *
Dear Dogs and Cats:

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The
other
dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print
in the
middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your
food
and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating
me
to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I
fall
faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king-sized bed. I am very sorry
about
this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your
comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep.
It is
not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the
fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out
and
having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing
but
sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by
some
miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not
necessary to claw, whine, meow, and try to turn the knob or get your
paw
under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the
same
door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years --
canine or
feline attendance is not required.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt.
I
cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our
front door:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:
They live here. You don't.
If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
(That's why they call it "fur"nature.)
I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is
short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.
Remember: In many ways, dogs and cats are better than kids because
they:
1 Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3. Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't want to wear your clothes
10. Don't need a "gazillion" dollars for college.

And finally,
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

To all that read this, please feel free to post your babies pics in this thread. I love seeing them, and sure others would love to see them also.
Thanks

thank you for the smile and laughs. i needed it. i cremated two of my baby kitties yesterday. i needed a lift in spirit.

with love corina and her angels
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Aug 12 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 3,362

Hugs RhiRy, I know your heartbroken. I truly believe in reincarnation, just as your kitty found its way to you another one will also. Bue was the first kitten I ever adopted. I always adopted older kitties, because I did not want them put to sleep. LOL, I kept some that I did not even bond with. My point is that it gets a little easier. You will always have the scar, but it fades a little day by day. Thats how I think of it. Anyways, you'll know when you're ready to write about it, and it will be good therapy. I'm happy that I could help put a smile on your face at this difficult time. I have other funny pics of cats on Bue's thread, they will make you smile too. Here's a pic just for you. Photobucket Take Care

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Aug 12 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #24

Hugs Corina, the post I made was for both you, and RhiRy. I have not been here in 5 mths so the new website has some things that are new. to loose two babies at once, OMG, I can't imagine what pain your in. Please know that my postive thoughts are with you through this most difficult time. I'm soo very sorry for you loss Here is a pic for you Photobucket

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabbycat94
post Aug 26 2008, 03:00 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 4,931

Thanks for sharing. You made me laugh when I was crying about my Dylan. I lost him April 26, 2008 to chronic renal failure with hypertention. He would of turned 18 on 08/04/08.

I miss my best friend so very much.

Michelle

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Oct 7 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Gabbycat94 @ Aug 26 2008, 04:00 AM) *
Thanks for sharing. You made me laugh when I was crying about my Dylan. I lost him April 26, 2008 to chronic renal failure with hypertention. He would of turned 18 on 08/04/08. I miss my best friend so very much. Michelle
You're most welcome Michelle Here's something that might make you smile too A cat died and went to Heaven. God met her at the gates and said, 'You have been a good cat all these years. Anything you want is yours for the asking.' The cat thought for a minute and then said, 'All my life I lived on a farm and slept on hard wooden floors. I would like a real fluffy pillow to sleep on.' God said, 'Say no more.' Instantly the cat had a huge fluffy pillow. A few days later, six mice were killed in an accident and they all went to Heaven together. God met the mice at the gates with the same offer that He made to the cat. The mice said, 'Well, we have had to run all of our lives: from cats, dogs, and even people with brooms! If we could just have some little roller skates, we would not have to run again.' God answered, 'It is done.' All the mice had beautiful little roller skates. About a week later, God decided to check on the cat. He found her sound asleep on her fluffy pillow. God gently awakened the cat and asked, 'Is everything okay? How have you been doing? Are you happy?' The cat replied, 'Oh, it is WONDERFUL. I have never been so happy in my life. The pillow is so fluffy, and those little Meals on Wheels you have been sending over are delicious!'

--------------------

+Quote Post
loneredhorse
post Oct 7 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,120

Attached ImageLoved that post. I hope I can get this on here. It's a picture of Bob, a Manx with NO sense of humor. He would not get any of that post. He is very serious about cat business and all things related to his food dish. Someone dumped him in my yard when he was a bitty piece of fluff. Now he is a large lump of fluff. I didn't think I'd get to keep him so I jokingly named a Manx Bob, and I don't think he's ever forgiven me. But after the death of my 2 big fur baby dogs this summer he is in charge and large. He's gotten real bossy with my 10 lb Cairn Terrier. I guess size does count, and seniority.

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Oct 22 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (loneredhorse @ Oct 7 2008, 08:37 PM) *
Attached ImageLoved that post. I hope I can get this on here. It's a picture of Bob, a Manx with NO sense of humor. He would not get any of that post. He is very serious about cat business and all things related to his food dish. Someone dumped him in my yard when he was a bitty piece of fluff. Now he is a large lump of fluff. I didn't think I'd get to keep him so I jokingly named a Manx Bob, and I don't think he's ever forgiven me. But after the death of my 2 big fur baby dogs this summer he is in charge and large. He's gotten real bossy with my 10 lb Cairn Terrier. I guess size does count, and seniority.
He is so adorable, and handsome too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Oct 22 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #29

Doggy Door Kitty Solitaire Photobucket Super Kitty Just a few pics to help put a little smile on your face.

--------------------

+Quote Post
goliath
post Oct 29 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 4,239

Thanks for the smiles Bue's Mommy. tongue.gif I needed those tonight!

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
shannon2183
post Nov 25 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 5,117

Ahhh....so true!!! I was starting to wonder if my kitties were crazy (I call them my crazy kitties) especially because of the running into any open door and then banging to get out. Not so much with my pooches...but it made me laugh. I definitely need to post the notice to non-pet owners. They should know what they are entering into once they come into my house:)

Thanks for the laugh.
~Shannon

+Quote Post
blkcat8
post Dec 23 2008, 07:02 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 5,381

Thank you thank you thank you for this. My kitty was definately one to take up the whole bed and God forbid if you wanted to move in! Ha ha...I usually ended up placing myself around him. Ahh, cats..gotta love em.

*** C

+Quote Post
levchck2
post Jan 6 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 5,414

Thanks so much for posting this...reminds me so much of Chickie. When she was alive, I was ABSOLUTELY not allowed to go to the bathroom by myself. If I closed the door, she would get both paws under the door and shake it back and forth in the doorjamb. If I was taking a shower, she was sitting on the sink counter to make sure I was okay when I got out and when I took a bath, she would sit on the edge of the tub, occasionally testing the water temperature for me rolleyes.gif.....all ten+ years that she was with me. I sure do miss my kitty bathroom supervision!

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Feb 21 2009, 02:54 AM
Post #34

QUOTE (levchck2 @ Jan 6 2009, 12:51 PM) *
Thanks so much for posting this...reminds me so much of Chickie. When she was alive, I was ABSOLUTELY not allowed to go to the bathroom by myself. If I closed the door, she would get both paws under the door and shake it back and forth in the doorjamb. If I was taking a shower, she was sitting on the sink counter to make sure I was okay when I got out and when I took a bath, she would sit on the edge of the tub, occasionally testing the water temperature for me rolleyes.gif.....all ten+ years that she was with me. I sure do miss my kitty bathroom supervision!
You're Welcome, glad it put a smile on your face. My Calico loves to get into the tub while I dry off. She also goes into the bathroom, and shuts the bathroom door, and opens it. When I call Bue's name they come into the bathroom, and look forhim. Here are my babies high on catnip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh8878_Aquk

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Feb 24 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #35

QUOTE (Bue's Mommy @ Feb 21 2009, 02:54 AM) *
You're Welcome, glad it put a smile on your face. My Calico loves to get into the tub while I dry off. She also goes into the bathroom, and shuts the bathroom door, and opens it. When I call Bue's name they come into the bathroom, and look forhim.

Here are my babies high on catnip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh8878_Aquk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh8878_Aquk

--------------------

+Quote Post
toonie
post Feb 25 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 2,632

Now that is delightful, thanks for this soothing input!

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Feb 27 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 3,876

Your refrigerator door poster has brought a lot of laughter to ones who needed it, and if they get exhausted from that laughter...you find the pictures that can brighten a day with smiles.

It is such things that can make us forget just for a second our losses and remember the joy our special ones gave us..and that produces the smile that is needed.

I'm glad your words got "pinned" so they continue to comfort.

And your Bue is as beautiful as ever. Our avatars can never leave us. But then being Angels...they would be by our side forever.

Judy

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Mar 1 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #38

QUOTE (toonie @ Feb 25 2009, 04:51 PM) *
Now that is delightful, thanks for this soothing input!

Anytime Toonie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Mar 1 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #39

QUOTE (LoveThem @ Feb 27 2009, 07:38 PM) *
Your refrigerator door poster has brought a lot of laughter to ones who needed it, and if they get exhausted from that laughter...you find the pictures that can brighten a day with smiles.

It is such things that can make us forget just for a second our losses and remember the joy our special ones gave us..and that produces the smile that is needed.

I'm glad your words got "pinned" so they continue to comfort.

And your Bue is as beautiful as ever. Our avatars can never leave us. But then being Angels...they would be by our side forever.

Judy

I'm glad too, thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Mar 1 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #40

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious, and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary. Finally John was fed up and he yelled at the Parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even more rude. John, in desperation, threw up his hands, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arm and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I am sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I Fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior." John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, The bird continued, "May I ask what the chicken did?" KatBox ZT Kitty 2 Bue's brother, and sisters

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:17 PM