Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Miss Mindy Is Sick
xxForeverxx
post Jun 2 2014, 06:33 AM
Post #61

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,430

Hi DannysMom

How is Mindys rash now? Pixie has currently got dermatitis on her back again but she never itches it which is strange. Thinking of trying her on a special cat food. Poor Mindy suffering on and off with it. Pixies first rash was an allergy to fleas when she got bitten once even though I flea them. So your right it might not necessarily be the food!

xxForeverxx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 3 2014, 08:15 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 7,464

Hello xxForeverxx, thanks for sharing with me about Pixie's rash and her flea allergy. I noticed last year when I put some Revolution on Mindy for flea treatment she seemed to be better, but I hesitate to use this stuff all the time simply because it is not all that good for cats even though it does kill the fleas. I did buy some ampules with ceramides and fatty acids that I can put on her skin and that is supposed to help. I just haven't had the time to put it on Mindy as I have been so busy. I am hoping that will make a difference. Mindy is doing better now since she had the steroid shot, but the vet cautioned me that giving her steroid shots all the time can lead to diabetes. If Pixie likes it you could give her some Salmon oil or Omega3 supplements for cats. That should help with the dermatitis. Unfortunately Mindy does not like the fish smell, so it won't work for her.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Nov 4 2014, 04:30 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 7,430

Hi DannysMom

I am glad to hear Mindy is doing ok. Thanks for the advice I will try it as she loves fish and still has small bits of dermatitis. Your just so knowledgeable! Have you had time to try the fatty acids etc yet? Would be interesting to hear if they helped your Mindy.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 28 2014, 02:10 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 7,464

QUOTE (xxForeverxx @ Nov 4 2014, 04:30 PM) *
Hi DannysMom

I am glad to hear Mindy is doing ok. Thanks for the advice I will try it as she loves fish and still has small bits of dermatitis. Your just so knowledgeable! Have you had time to try the fatty acids etc yet? Would be interesting to hear if they helped your Mindy.

xxForeverxx

Hello xxForeverxx, thank you for thinking of my Mindy. She was doing okay over the summer. I think the fatty acids helped some, but she didn't tolerate it well when I squirted that stuff on her neck. It is a lot in these small bottles, and some of it got her fur wet which she did not like! I give her probiotics once in a while and that seems to help some, but she is still itchy. And now she is having a hard time again with blackheads on her chin and she scratched up one of her ears real bad. sad.gif I just really wish I knew what is ailing her and how to fix it, but I know my vet would have me try this awful hydrolized soy protein again to find out if it's food allergies. Well, I am not feeding that to her, no way!

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:24 AM