Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pet Loss Newscast
Furkidlets' Mom
post Feb 21 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 961

This was a news story run on TV recently in Phoenix, on pet loss. It features clips of Marty Tousley, a highly-qualified human and pet loss bereavement counselor, and Allison Dubois, the psychic whom the TV show, "Medium" was inspired by. I'm not sure how long they'll leave this link up, so if you're interested, view the clips and read the news story now, while it's still active. (it can take awhile for the clips to download, but worth the wait!)

Grieving Pet Loss news story

I was also taken totally aback when they showed the 3rd(?) cat, the grey one snoozing on the top of the post (in the first of the 3 clips there)....not only do we have a post that looks exactly like this one (even down to colours), but that grey cat curled up there looked JUST like my Nissa when she'd curl up on the top platform...same size, same colour, same everything! It was incredibly uncanny and made me wonder if this was yet another sign from her. I had to view this segment twice, just to take another look-see.

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Simba's Daddy
post Feb 21 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,899

Thanks for the link...

It is a common thing I see with alot of Mediums that I read about. They will be doing a reading for someone and that persons pet(s) would start showing up. I read where some were doing group readings and the room would just start filling up with cats, dogs, even rabbits hopping in.

When we love our pets we are giving them individuality and they become a part of our spiritual circle.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Furkidlets' Mom
post Feb 22 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 961

And may that circle,
Be unbroken,
By and by, Lord,
By and by.....

I know what you mean. Nissa's Reiki pract*itioner saw a psychic for a human loss and even before her reading, as soon as she came in his door, he told her he saw her surrounded by dozens of animals (he'd never met her before this and knew nothing about her or what she does)......her practise is called Reiki For Pets, and she has had many, many clients who've lost their furkids, so she's had many close connections to all sorts of furries, including her own passed babies. So yes, it sure DOES happen frequently!

Hope you also saw the other 2 clips in this news segment - they're all good!

(Oh, and your new banner is lovely! Are both pics of Simba I? I noticed the facial markings are on opposite sides of the face, so wasn't sure if Simba II has the same ones, just on the other side....that would be WAY too cool, if that was the case!)

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>

+Quote Post
Simba's Daddy
post Feb 22 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,899

Hope you also saw the other 2 clips in this news segment - they're all good!

Yes, seen all the clips. I am sure we can all relate to "Peties" Mother. It's something a non pet owner/lover could understand.

[CODE]Oh, and your new banner is lovely! Are both pics of Simba I? I noticed the facial markings are on opposite sides of the face, so wasn't sure if Simba II has the same ones, just on the other side....that would be WAY too cool, if that was the case![QUOTE]
Yes, both pics are Simba I smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:26 AM