Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcoming Leo (topaz), Newest member of our household
alleria31
post Aug 10 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,704

I recently had been posing in the Lost or Missing pet support forum when my precious 2 year old baby boy, Bubba went missing going on 3 weeks now. I am heartbroken over it and I still miss Bubba terribly, and will welcome him home with open arms no matter when he might show up.

But anyway, my husband talked me into going to look at a beautiful orange baby boy over the past weekend, and I ended up falling in love with his brother. Topaz came to live with us last night, and he is a cuddler baby! He loves to give kisses, and just purrs and purrs when being held. He has the biggest feet I've ever seen on a kitty so the rescue thinks he is going to grow up to be a BIG boy.
His new sisters Abby (Lab Retriever) and Bella (2 year old kitty) are curious about him. Abby, who I thought was going to be the problem, sniffed him and licked him yesterday then went about her business. Bella however is not being so nice. I thought that since she had always been around Bubba there wouldn't be any of this, but I guess it's to be expected. She has been hissing at him, but she also got spayed a few days ago so she might be uncomfortable from that ordeal.
I have them separated right now, Bella is enjoying laying on the cool bathroom flood so I have her setup in there and I gave Leo his own litter box, food, and water in my office where he has been hanging out. I think things will go well, I am excited to be home the next couple days so that perhaps the kitties can be left out of confinement.
I will post a pic of Topaz, who I named Leo, later on. I named him Leo after Leo Wyatt on Charmed, Leo was a whitelighter (angel) and this boy is def my little angel who picked my heart back up after the devastating loss of Bubba.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 10 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, alleria, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. Congratulations on your new family member Leo. He sure sounds like a sweetie, and I definitely believe that wherever your precious Bubba is, he sent Leo to you. Leo will never replace your precious Bubba in your heart - - for he is forever with you wherever you go and whatever you do on your continued earthly journey. So, enjoy your precious Leo, alleria, as it sounds like he knows he has found his Forever Mom and his Forever Home.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Abby and Bella, and Leo kindly, and that each of you and your husband will have a very peaceful evening. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knwing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Aug 10 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,464

Hi alleria31! Congratulations on your new family member Leo. Give your Bella a week or two to get used to him. That's about average for cats to get used to each other. Some are better about it than others, but I hope your Leo settles in nicely with Bella. I know you still miss your sweet Bubba, and I hope a miracle happens and he returns to you. I wish you all the happiness with Leo. He sounds like a great cat! smile.gif

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
alleria31
post Aug 13 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,704

Thank you guys very much! Spent the weekend with the furbabies, Leo seems to be settling in very nicely. Bella is still a bit leery of him, but I realize that is going to take time. She has been through a lot in the last few weeks. Move into the new house, then getting spayed, and now a new brother. That's a lot for a kitty!

Here is a picture of little Leo, his Steelers nametag that his daddy got for him. lol
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 13 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #5

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, alleria, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and for the wonderful picture of your precious Leo. He is adorable. May your precious Leo have a long and happy and healthy life with his Forever Family.

I hope today is treating you, your husband, and all of your furkids kindly, alleria. Moving is a major trauma - - even under the best of circumstances - - and I hope you and all your family will enjoy your new home. And even though your precious Bubba is not physically there with you - - for whatever reason that may be - - he is forever a part of you in your heart and your memories.

Thank you again for sharing your precious Leo with us. Please know you and all your family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to sharing how things are going for you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:04 PM