Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome Tang, New Beginnings
moon_beam
post Apr 21 2019, 11:27 AM
Post #6681

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Tracy, sunny breezy coolish 50-ish Sunday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I hope things work out okay with Meijers. It sounds like it will certainly be different from the work you and Anne have done for several years. I remember you mentioning that you would like to get out of call center work entirely, and perhaps this is your, and Anne's, opportunity to do that. I just hope it doesn't turn into a total disaster. Please let us know how things go.

Got a couple of emails done today and began reading another book from the library. Buster has come to visit and is taking a nap on my bed as I'm writing to you. Will be joining his mom and dad later today for dinner and may see Bonnie then.

Thank you so much for sharing with us that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, my friend, and I continue to keep all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the chilly evening temperatures as they warm for spring and summer. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Apr 21 2019, 06:34 PM
Post #6682

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm (72) greetings to you. I hope this finds you doing well. I'm glad Buster came by to visit and that you get to see Bonnie later too. I hope that they are both doing OK.

I'm not sure why you would think that Meijer's will be a total disaster, but I too hope it will not unsure.gif I guess we'll know more when they contact us after the BG check.

We didn't do a lot today but feed the waifs at the old place first. I saw White Cat again down by the fence and who I thought was Little Gray by the pool, but upon a closer look I'm not so sure it was her. As long as they are doing OK and get the food I guess.

From there we went to Kroger for a few groceries and gas for Anne's car. Then home for some brunch and TV. A while ago I walked down to the Circle K behind us for a forgotten item which was nice considering the spring weather today.

Tang is doing well and has just had his supper. I will get his shot an treats later as well as the food for the local waifs. I hope today has been kind to you and that you have a comfortable evening in the company of your precious fur-ever angels. Peace and blessings.

TT & TT

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 22 2019, 01:54 PM
Post #6683

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, sunny pleasant 60-ish Monday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I am keeping you and Anne in my thoughts and prayers that Meijers will be a good experience for you - - I was merely reflecting on previous jobs you've had (such as the one that begins with "A") which turned out to be not good employers for you. I'm not really sure there is anything anymore as a "good employer" - - but I'm sincerely hoping that Meijers will be a decent one for both you and Anne. Please let us know how things go.

Have been busy today scheduling online payments for bills and updating my financial log book with payments made. Buster came to keep me company while I worked on finances, and took a short nap on my bed. He heard the sunbeams beckoning him to enjoy the day so he left a couple of hours ago.

As always, Tracy, it's a blessing sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, my friend, and I continue to keep all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the chilly evening temperatures as they warm for spring and summer. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Apr 22 2019, 07:42 PM
Post #6684

Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm (76) greetings to you. I hope this finds you doing well. Glad to hear Buster paid you a visit and hope he and Bonnie are doing OK.

A fair point about the warehouse company jobs that we won't name. Of course that was warehouse not retail (for which we both have a experience) and a result of quitting the jobs before that; not much choice this time around. In any case, I hope it's not a disaster as well. Anne did talk to the HR lady about scheduling our orientation today (Monday at 2 PM) and told her she's not comfortable handing food (deli) to which she said she'd talk to the director that interviewed us (fingers crossed)

We did catch a movie today at the cheap 2nd run theater today - Lego Movie 2. Funny and cute except for the loud child and crying baby. At least the mother of the former did eventually leave.

Tang is well and has had his supper and shot. I will get his treats after my shower as well as food for the local waifs.

I hope today has been kind to you and that you have a comfortable evening in the company of your precious fur-ever angels. Peace and blessings.

TT & TT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 23 2019, 01:05 PM
Post #6685

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, sunny gorgeous 70-ish Tuesday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I am keeping Anne in my thoughts and prayers that she will be assigned a department she feels comfortable working in, and hope this is done in a spirit of understanding with cooperation from the management. No employee, and especially Anne, should have to be continuously apprehensive about the job they're assigned to do. Please let us know how things go.

Beautiful Bonnie came for a brief visit this morning. After she left I took a walk and have met my goal of walking to the hospital and back to the condo - - according to the help of Google Maps and an online distance calculator it is approximately 0.8 of a mile round trip. So now I can continue to gradually expand my distance. Haven't seen Buster yet today but he may come by later this afternoon for a visit.

Tracy, it's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, and I continue to keep all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the chilly evening temperatures as they warm for spring and summer. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Apr 23 2019, 07:10 PM
Post #6686

Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm (74) greetings to you. I hope this finds you doing well. It's good to hear you accomplished your walking goal and feel comfortable doing so. Glad to hear Bonnie came by and I hope she and Buster are doing OK. Thanks for the well wishes on the upcoming job; for Anne especially.

Today we went to Jason's Deli for their wonderful salad bar only to discover they will be closing that (our favorite) location May 1:( Then we stopped into Petco to discover that O'Malley and O'Reilly were still there but still looking pretty good. They had a new bonded pair of ginger brothers Hanz and Franz that were adorable too at just 4 months old. From there we went to Half Price Books and found the last book in the Passage trilogy that Anne's been reading that I read years ago (new show on Fox this season) So she can return her copy to the library. From there it was a quick stop at Aldi and home.

Tang is doing well. He's had his supper and shot and will get his treats later as will the local waifs get their food too.

I hope today has been kind to you and that you have a comfortable evening in the company of your beloved fur-ever angels. Peace and blessings.

TT & TT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 24 2019, 01:38 PM
Post #6687

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, cloudy breezy humid 70-ish Wednesday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like you and Anne had a good day yesterday - - it's amazing how not having a job can almost be pleasant. But not having income is equally stressful as having a bad job to do just to get a paycheck. I hope your and Anne's jobs at Meijers will be low on the stress and high on the income. Please let us know how things go.

Had several errands to run this morning - - post office to mail bills, the recycling center here in town, and a stop at the ophthalmologist office to give them my insurance information along with my list of medications and associated allergies in preparation for my 5/8 appointment. I also stopped off at a car service place to introduce myself and my car to them to learn their procedures about making service appointments, etc.. Will need to do that in May. When I got back to the condo Buster immediately came to visit but didn't stay long - - it's too nice to be inside today, so after we had a nice visit he went on his way, and then I took a walk up to the side street at the hospital - - today's walk was a little over 0.8 of a mile. There is a church not too far beyond the hospital, so walking up to the church is my next goal.

Thank you so much for sharing with us that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, my friend, and I continue to keep all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the chilly evening temperatures as they warm for spring and summer. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Apr 24 2019, 06:45 PM
Post #6688

Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and warm (76) greetings to you. I hope this finds you doing well. Glad to hear Buster at least visited briefly and hope he and Bonnie are both doing OK. Glad to hear your daily walks are going well too.

Today we went for a bite to eat on the cheap in the neighborhood (Captain D's) and then across the street to a Peddler's Mall we haven't been to in a while. They added a whole new DVD section and between that and the old one, we found about 6 discs (movies and TV shows) each! All priced between .94 and 1.25. Not a bad haul. It's supposed to rain tonight and all day tomorrow, so we know what we'll be doing.

Tang is doing well and has just had his supper (a fresh can night to his delight NOM NOM NOM) and I'm about to give him his shot and then his treats later as well as the food for the waifs before the rain gets in here.

I hope today has been kind to you and that you have a most comfortable evening in the company of your precious fur-ever angels. Peace and blessings.

TT & TT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 25 2019, 04:46 PM
Post #6689

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, cloudy pleasant 70-ish Thursday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like you and Anne had another good day yesterday, and I know your precious Tang is enjoying the extra quality family time. The rain you're having today will be in the region here tomorrow.

I met a milestone this morning on my walk - - a little over a mile. Not quite to the church - - that may take another 2 or 3 walks to get that far, but I'm happy with the progress. Didn't do much else after I got back from the walk. Got a call from my brother this afternoon asking me to take care of Scarlet for a few days so that he and my sister in law can go visit her mom. She's still in the rehab center. So Scarlet will arrive Sunday afternoon and they're expecting to pick her up on Wednesday, 5/1. So I've told Buster and Bonnie that Scarlet will be visiting again, but that I would visit with them in their home when she's here.

As always, Tracy, it's a blessing sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, my friend, and I continue to keep all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the chilly evening temperatures as they warm for spring and summer. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Apr 25 2019, 05:27 PM
Post #6690

Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and warm (75) greetings to you. I hope this finds you doing well. Glad o hear you are meeting/exceeding goal on your walks. I hope you enjoy your time with Scarlet and that you can visit with Bonnie and Buster in their home during that time. I hope they are doing OK as well.

Woke up this morning around 6 or so to get the waif food dishes forgetting I'd brought them in last night due to the rain. However, Dulcinea was on the porch of all things. I put some dry food out for her on the ground and as she was leaving Butters showed up. So I put some out for him. I think it's because I usually leave the dry out all night when the weather is good and they were wondering where the usual "left overs" were.

The rain avoided us for the most part, but we still stayed in and had brunch and watched movies. Disney/Pixar Inside Out (Blueray from Peddlers) and Disney's Christopher Robin on Netflix. Both were good.

Tang has enjoyed us being home. He seems well and is napping a few feet away from me. Soon it will be time for his supper, shot and treats as well as evening food for the local waifs.

I hope today has been kind to you and that you have a comfortable evening watched over by your beloved fur-ever angels. Peace and blessings.

TT & TT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 26 2019, 01:39 PM
Post #6691

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, rainy humid 60-ish T G I F greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like you, your precious Tang, and Anne had a very nice family quality time together yesterday. So glad Dulcinea and Butters were able to get breakfast yesterday morning courtesy of your and Anne's dedicated provision. I know they, and all the community waifs, appreciate your ongoing care for them.

Yesterday evening Amazon was having technical difficulties with Prime Video. Kept getting a message that I needed a 5 digit PIN number to access my FREE Prime programs. I logged into my account online and that must have "re-set" whatever the glitch was because after that I was able to access my programs without any further difficulty. So today I did a live chat with an Amazon rep who helped me establish a 5 PIN number to replace the apparently outdated 4 PIN number I had established 6 years ago. So hopefully I won't have any further "technical issues" accessing my Prime programs anytime soon. Have worked on a couple of overdue emails. Sweet Buster came for a visit, and was inside warm and dry when a heavy cloudburst erupted outside. He took a nap on the cushion in my chair at the big computer desk. He left to go home for lunch and treats about 20 minutes ago. It is always a joy when he comes by to visit. Because of the rain and wind today I won't be doing any walking outside.

Tracy, it's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, and I continue to keep Tux Jr, Little Tux, White Cat, Bobtail, Little Gray, Little Bit, Tweak, Princess, Dulcinea, Butters, Fluffy, Ferdinand, and all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the chilly evening temperatures as they warm for spring and summer. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Apr 26 2019, 06:43 PM
Post #6692

Hello moon_beam. Sunny and mild (65) greetings to you. I hope this finds you doing well. Sorry the weather impeded your walk. Glad to hear you got your Prime fixed and that Buster paid you a visit. I hope he and Bonnie are both doing well.

Other than returning some library books and a quick stop at Target this morning, we weren't really able to go anywhere today. When I awoke this morning the inside door mat in the kitchen was soaked. At first I thought it might have been the heavy rains and hung it up in the shower. Upon further investigation (after I mopped up the water) I thought it was the refrigerator and so did the maintenance tech from where the water was. But long story short, it was a leak in some copper tubing in the wall behind the dishwasher. He and another tech spent about 3 hours total fixing it but they put the walls back together nicely.

Tang is well and has had his supper. I will give him his shot and treats a little while as well as food for the local waifs. I hope today has been kind to you and that you have a comfortable evening in the company of your precious fur-ever angels. Peace and blessings.

TT & TT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 27 2019, 01:38 PM
Post #6693

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, sunny gusty windy 60-ish Caturday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you and Anne were able to get the plumbing fixed. Of course it royally messed up your day having to contend with that, but at least it happened when you and Anne are able to be home instead of starting a new job and perhaps having to take time off from work to deal with it.

Beautiful Bonnie came for a visit earlier this morning but she didn't stay long. Shortly after she arrived Buster came to say hello but heard the "call of the wild" beckoning him to enjoy the sunbeams. About an hour after he left he came back and is settled on the cushion in the chair at the big desk top computer desk taking a nap as I'm writing to you. In preparation for Scarlet's arrival tomorrow I did some vacuuming and clearing off tables and the tops of bookcases where Scarlet likes to jump up on. After Buster leaves later on I'll finish setting up her kitty latrine and getting her food and water bowls freshened up so that they're ready tomorrow when she arrives.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Apr 27 2019, 07:07 PM
Post #6694

Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and cool (58) greetings to you. I hope this finds you doing well. Glad to hear Bonnie at least came by for a brief visit and that Buster came back for a longer one. I hope they are both doing OK and that you can visit with them in their home while Scarlet is with you.

Today we went to an arts and crafts street fair in the Cherokee Triangle neighborhood. We went last year as I recall but this year they added a couple more rows it looks like. We didn't buy anything of course, but it was fun to look. There were many dogs there, but the 2 that stood out for us were a couple Great Danes. A Dalmatian pattern one named Harley and and black one named Ace. BIG boys too but very friendly happy.gif

Tang is doing well and has had his supper and shot. Later I will give him his treats and provision the local waifs. I hope today has been kind to you and that you have a most comfortable evening in the company of your beloved fur-ever angels. Peace and blessings.

TT & TT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 28 2019, 02:03 PM
Post #6695

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, sunny sometimes cloudy gust windy 70-ish Sunday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

So glad you and Anne had a good day yesterday at the Cherokee Triangle fair. Great Danes are one of the many more docile natured dog breeds. Were Harley and Ace up for adoption, or enjoying the festivities with their human companions?

Scarlet has arrived with the usual protests of being "dumped" here by her daddy. She has already eaten some food and used her latrine like a good girl - - which is better than previous visits when she has gone almost a day without eating anything or using her kitty facilities, both of which had me quite concerned at the time. As I'm writing to you she's stretched out on the table in front of the window on the garage side of the condo looking outside. Haven't seen Bonnie or Buster today - - and I don't think Scarlet has seen them either because there haven't been any major territorial fights through the window yet.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Apr 28 2019, 06:51 PM
Post #6696

Hello moon_beam. Sunny and mild (57) greetings to you. I hope this finds you doing well. Glad Scarlet is settling in better this time. I hope Buster and Bonnie are doing OK too.

We didn't do a lot today. After putting on some laundry we headed to the old place to put food out for those waifs. I think I saw Tux Jr along the fence in what was the first feeding spot. He ducked into the drain grate as I approached though. But he popped his head out when I got way down to the the second spot along the fence (where White Cat is usually, but didn't see her today) Perhaps he only vaguely remembers me. I saw Little Gray by the bushes by the pool too and she seemed friendly. From there it was Kroger and home for the day.

Tomorrow we go to the orientation at Meijer at 2:00 PM. I knew Anne wasn't crazy about working there, but the "I'm going to find a good job on my own" remark last night cut a bit deep sad.gif I guess when it comes to finding good jobs (even though that was literally our only offer at the time) I don't do so well.

Tang is well though. He's had his supper and I will give him his shot in a little while as well as his treats and provisions for the local waifs. I hope today has been kind to you and Scarlet and that you both have a comfortable evening in the company of your precious fur-ever angels. Peace and blessings.

TT & TT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 29 2019, 01:33 PM
Post #6697

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, cloudy gusty windy chilly 50-ish Monday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I hope your and Anne's orientation today at Meijers goes okay, and hopefully that Anne will see that it will better than what she is anticipating right now. Please let us know how things go. Am glad you saw Tux Jr and Little Gray yesterday when you provisioned the waifs at your previous residence. I know they appreciate your continued care for them.

Worked a little on financials today and got my appointment for car maintenance and rental car set up for next Monday, 5/6. The rental car company does not offer pick up service here, so I will have to get someone to help me pick up the rental car and deliver it back to the rental facility when my car is finished being worked on. This is such a hassle particularly since there isn't any public transportation here in Bedford. Scarlet has been keeping me company without too much hissing, spitting, and growling so far.

Tracy, it's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, and I continue to keep all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the chilly evening temperatures as they warm for spring and summer. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Apr 29 2019, 06:21 PM
Post #6698

Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm (81) greetings. I hops this finds you and Scarlet doing well. I'm glad to hear she's doing a little better this time around. I hope Buster and Bonnie are doing OK. Sorry to hear the rental car place doesn't do pick up service.

Well, orientation only lasted a few hours. And since the lady that normally does that retired and the one filling in for her is off until Thursday that's when we go back to finish and for more training and paperwork. The HR lady Anne spoke with on the phone just changed the list and put her down as a cashier. Not enough though apparently. She wants to go to a job fair for Teleperformance Thursday before we go back to Meijer at 2:00. Yeah it pays better, but they are shady, it's as far away as possible while still (barely) being here in town, and it's call center. I was trying to get away from that. But I guess I'm doing that now sad.gif Would have been nice to see how well I could have done Meijer, but oh well.

Tang is well and has had his supper. I will give him his shot and treats a little later as well as put the food out for the local waifs.

I hope today has been kind to you and Scarlet and that you both have a comfortable evening in the company of your beloved fur-ever angels. Peace and blessings.

TT & TT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 30 2019, 01:42 PM
Post #6699

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, sunny breezy delightfully 80-ish Tuesday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

Even though you and Anne have promised jobs at Meijers it's still a good idea to keep your options open. Going to a job fair while keeping your jobs at Meijers is quite understandable. And who knows - - after you and Anne go to the job fair tomorrow Anne might think the cashier job at Meijers is an acceptable position - - for now. I know you have been wanting to try to get out of call center work for quite awhile, so - - would it be acceptable for you to work at Meijers and Anne work elsewhere at a job she would rather prefer? It's just a question - - only you and Anne can decide what is "right" and practical for you both. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers that you'll be able to decide where you want to be. Please let us know how things go.

I wasn't satisfied with the information I got yesterday from the car rental reservation rep so I went to the car rental site this morning to speak with the onsite rep. He's a "one man show" in that office but he told me there would not be a problem picking me up at the car service place here in town. So that's taken care of - - and that takes a HUGE concern off my mind. Scarlet settled down next to me on the bed last night for awhile. In fact she got so comfortable that she started to fall off the edge of the bed - - but caught herself with her front claws. I'm very glad she didn't fall onto the hard floor - - that would have hurt since the hardwood flooring is directly over the cement foundation. She's been playing with her toys today and settled next to me on the small sofa here in the computer area and let me give her a nice brushing when I got back from the car rental facility. There have been a few hisses and growls but not many so far today. She's a joy.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Apr 30 2019, 07:06 PM
Post #6700

Hello moon_beam. Cloudy but very warm (84) greetings to you and Scarlet. I hope this finds you both doing well. I'm glad to hear she's feeling a little bit more at home. I also hope Bonnie and Buster are doing OK.

I was able to at least make Anne see where I'm coming from last night. The distance, the rep of the company and the fact it's call center. We're still going to check it out though. I broached the idea of her taking that job w/o me and it's not her preference (or mine really) Personally I hope she'll see it's not worth it to go all that way for more stress. But we'll see I guess.

We didn't really do anything or go anywhere today (trying to save money on things like gas) Found a couple more Pixar type movies on streaming. The latter surely not for kids. Didn't even know that was out there.

Tang is well though. He even hopped up on my lap on the couch when I put a pillow on my lap. He hasn't done that since we moved here wub.gif He's had his supper and I will give him his shot and treats after while. Will also provision the local waifs.

I hope today has been kind to you and Scarlet and that you both have a comfortable evening in the company of your precious fur-ever angels. Peace and blessings.

TT & TT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post