Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Precious Noah
Tom's Dad
post Oct 4 2012, 06:30 AM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

Hi moon_beam

Thanks for letting us know how your boy is doing. So glad he is improving each day. It was a rough week for you indeed. Especially those first few days before you posted. It must have felt like a lot to process on your own. But, the good news is that Noah is going to be OK. I hope no other visitors stress him out. Although I do feel bad for the ones with no forever home. I keep putting food out (all be it the cheap stuff) for the ones by me. I hope Noah continues on his path to good health and that he does not stress too much with your shopping today. Hope you both have a great day smile.gif

Tracy

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 4 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #42

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers on behalf of my precious Noah during his recovery. Yes, there were many things on my mind and heart before I started to post. I was so very relieved when Monday morning arrived, 9/24, - - a triumph that my precious Noah and I had survived the weekend together and relief that I could take him back to his regular veterinary practitioners who know him and could focus on helping him.

Last night I put another gate up on top of the existing gate at the foot of the basement steps so that my spunky little boy would not get the "bright idea" to try to jump the one gate to go upstairs while I was out shopping today. I have done this before when my other companions were ill and recovering from surgery - - so my precious Noah recognized the routine. I went out the basement door and came back in with the groceries through the basement door, and my precious Noah was on his window bench by the door waiting for me to come home. And bless his heart - - he didn't make a jump through the door when I opened it to bring in the groceries with the cart. So that chore is done for awhile, thank goodness.

We have the big door open and gated off to enjoy the songs and sounds of the woodland residents. Noah is giving himself a bath at the moment - - which is another major milestone in his recovery being able to do the "kitty stretch" comfortably. I have decided to take him in Monday, 10/8, which will be 13 days post-surgery, to get his stitches out because both Drs. Buckland and Neel will be in the office so that they can examine his incision as the stitches are removed to make sure that everything is indeed okay with him.

Thank you again, Tracy, for your continued thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah's recovery, and for your cherished friendship and care and concern - - as well as each of our forum friends. I will continue to let you know how my precious Noah is doing in his recovery.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 4 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 7,464

Dear moon_beam, just letting you know that you and Noah are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so glad to hear that his GI tract is doing much better, and that he was so good during your absence today. Poor little guy, I read what you wrote about him meowing in his sleep. It must have been so traumatic for him to be separated from you and all alone at the vet. I know he is so glad to be back home and he probably needs lot of loving and reassurance. I know how cats can get stressed out easily from changes in their daily routine. I know that Noah is so glad that you are able be home with him 24/7 and to keep a watchful eye on him. I hope your sweet little boy will be back to his normal self soon.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 5 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #44

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for your continued thouhts and prayers for my precious Noah's continued recovery. He continues to take his daily antibiotic in the pill pocket without needing any assistance. He is such a good boy -- I am so proud of him!!!

This morning as I was taking my shower I gated off the bathroom door instead of closing the door so that my precious boy would be able to see where I was. Although he wanted into the bathroom with me, I still do not want him jumping up onto his window perch as he does enough jumping up onto the top of the fridge. When I got out of the shower he was settled onto his lamb's wool cushion at the foot of the bed. So the gate across the bathroom door worked out nicely.

He is beginning to pick a little bit at the stitches now - - they must be pulling a bit and itching - - so I will need to keep my eye on him over these next 3 days to make sure he doesn't start pulling on them when he freshens up his tummy. There is still an area of swelling at the bottom end of the incision - - no redness, no weeping - - just a little swelling. I know from previous experience that sometimes a little pocket of fluid collects which eventually gets reabsorbed into the body, and I think this may be the case with this little section around his incision. He is eating very well, taking care of his personal needs normally, and does not appear to be in any discomfort. The last couple of days he has swatted his little jingle bell balls around but no exerted play - - he saves his energy for jumping on top of the fridge - - my precious little rascalion.

So this is the progress report for today. At the moment he is comfortably curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap. He has come a very long way in his recovery since his medical crisis began, and I am very thankful for every moment I have with him.

Thank you again, DannysMom, for your continued thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah's recovery, and for your cherished friendship and care and concern - - as well as each of our forum friends. I will continue to let you know how my precious Noah is doing in his recovery.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 6 2012, 07:25 AM
Post #45

Hi moon_beam

I'm glad to hear Noah continues on the road to recovery. I hope his stitches don't cause him too much discomfort. Also glad to hear he is able to take care of his cleaning now, and that he's playing. Hope you both have a great Caturday, and keep letting us know how you both are doing.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 6 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #46

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for your continued thouhts and prayers for my precious Noah's continued recovery. Today he finished his daily antibiotic in the pill pocket like a pro. He is such a good boy -- I am so proud of him!!!

He has not shown any interest in jumping up on the fridge today - - almost as if it has become boring for him. But of course - - now that it really wouldn't do much harm - - my sweet rascal. He has been keeping me company while I worked on the computer making thank you notes for Drs. Buckland and Neel and staff. He is such a great helper - - chasing the curser around the screen, and of course laying down in front of the screen so that I can't really see what I'm doing. In his younger years I would become a bit frustrated with this and would ask him to please let me finish my work. Now - - I know I can work on it at another time - - my focus is on him - - and what a precious sweet focus it is!!! He is normally due for his annual physical this month, so I have written a note to give to the vet techs to ask either Drs. Neel or Buckland for guidance as to when I should bring him in for a check up - - since he's had a thorough check up for the surgery.

The weather is supposed to take a drastic dip in temps beginning tomorrow, so today we have been enjoying having the big door opened for fresh air and to enjoy the songs and sounds of the woodland residents. I also did a couple loads of laundry -- wanted to freshen up the lamb's wool blanket for his carrier for Monday's trip to get his stitches out as it will be nice and soft next to his tummy, and gave me a good opportunity to wash the blankets and sheets I took off our bed - - it's not just my bed.

Noah has started his dinner dance, although it's a bit early for his dinner yet. He is doing so well - - my heart is soaring with joy and thankfulness - - for being able to enjoy his sweet physical presence with me awhile longer, and equally for the comforting thoughts and prayers and friendship and support from our many L S friends.

Thank you again, Tracy, for your continued thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah's recovery, and for your cherished friendship and care and concern - - as well as each of our forum friends. I will continue to let you know how my precious Noah is doing in his recovery.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 7 2012, 06:58 AM
Post #47

Hi moon_beam

Thank for keeping us updated on Noah's progress. Yes, now that he realizes he's no longer pushing buttons, I think the antics will subside. It's touching how what used to bother you (getting in the way of the screen, etc) is now not even a minor inconvenience. It's amazing how we take stock in what's important after such a shake up. I'm glad your little man is doing OK, and hope he continues to do so. He has the best mom in the world. I hope you both have a peaceful Sunday.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 7 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #48

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah's continued recovery. Today is day 12 in his post-op recovery, and I am thankful to share with you and all our L S friends that he continues to do well. It is becoming more obvious that his stitches are beginning to annoy him, and I am looking forward to him getting them out tomorrow as much as he is. His little tummy is still bare, - - and a sweet little tummy he has, too. I reassure him often that his fur will grow back and then his ordeal will just be another memory of his earthly journey. Unfortunately the surgical techs did not save his tummy fur for me - - but I'm not too terribly upset about that as they were focused on properly preparing him for surgery, and I do save his fur that collects in his brush when I brush him.

This morning he was eagerly anticipating another pill pocket treat, so I gave him one - - this time without needing to disguise any medication in it. It's a gloomy, chilly day here with temps only in the 50's, so he is enjoying quality nap time with the space heater on and a fleece throw over him to keep the chill away. He looks so contented and happy.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 8 2012, 11:31 AM
Post #49

Hi moon_beam

Thank you for the update on Noah's progress. I can imagine he will be glad to get the stitches out and back on his way to normal. While it's unfortunate they didn't save his fur, it's even better that it wasn't needed. I know Tom always fussed at his front leg they would shave for his teeth cleaning procedure. I would always reassure him as you are Noah.

Been cool here too, but sunny. Just thought I'd drop a line on my lunch. I hope you and Noah have a great day smile.gif

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 8 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #50

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah's continued recovery. Today is day 13 in his post-surgical recovery and this morning he had his stitches removed - - which turned out to actually be staples.

Dr. Neel checked the incision and gave him a good report. She also did a general medical on him and said that he does not need to come back until his next general medical is due unless he is having a medical issue. So this is very good news. About the swelling at the bottom end of the incision Dr. Neel stated this should resolve now that the staples are removed.

I am going to keep him confined to the basement living quarters for a few more days to give his incision a chance to continue to heal and so that I can keep a close watch on him in the process. Perhaps by this coming weekend I will take the gate barriers away from the basement steps so that he can once again venture to the upstairs - - will have to wait and see on this. He has had his lunch and is now very contentedly and enthusiastically giving himself a kitty bath as I'm writing. It is so good to see him feeling so well again. And for being so patient this morning enduring yet another experience of indignity while he was getting the staples removed I gave him a pill pocket "treat" when we got home. I guess this might be a good thing to continue in case he may need medication again - - he would be used to getting the pill pocket as a treat. And I suppose the fact that the flavor of the treat is duck has very little to do with it.

When he is once again allowed upstairs he will be in complete recovery, and I know he is looking forward to that, as am I.

Thank you again, Tracy, for your continued thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah's recovery, and for your cherished friendship and care and concern - - as well as each of our forum friends. I will let you know how my precious Noah is doing in his continued recovery.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 8 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #51

Hi moon_beam

Thank you for the update. Staples, huh? I had those when I broke my ankle; not fun. Poor Noah relegated to the basement sad.gif Does this hamper the time you spend/sleep with him? I hope not. Glad he likes the pill pockets. Good conditioning in case he needs to take pills in the future. I hope you and your little man have a pleasant evening.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 8 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #52

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, since we live in the basement living quarters access to the upstairs is an option when he's feeling good. So we always share each other's company - - particuarly during cuddle and sleepy bed time.

It's almost time for his dinner, and I know you must be on your way home now to your precious companions. Thank you again, Tracy, for your continued thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah's recovery, and for your cherished friendship and care and concern - - as well as each of our forum friends. I will let you know how my precious Noah is doing in his continued recovery.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 9 2012, 11:08 AM
Post #53

Hi moon_beam

So glad you and your precious Noah can spend time together while he heals. Hopefully you can both enjoy some of your peaceful woodland neighbors today. That is if the weather is as nice as here. Keeping you both in our thoughts.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 9 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #54

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah's continued recovery.

Noah is ever so happy to finally have the staples removed - - as am I. It is now a matter of time that his tummy fur will grow back. His tummy fur is completely white - - and it is so soft to touch.

I thank you, Tracy, for your continued thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah's recovery, and for your cherished friendship and care and concern - - as well as each of our forum friends. I will let you know how my precious Noah is doing in his continued recovery.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 10 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #55

Hi moon_beam

Yay for staples out smile.gif

Nice weather here; Theresa is quite enjoying it, but Tang is content to sit in the window. I hope you and Noah are having nice weather and enjoying your woodland neighbors.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 10 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #56

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers during my precious Noah's recovery.

This morning I took the gate away from the basement bathroom door so that he can once again jump onto the commode and then a short leap onto his window perch. He has been a very happy kitty today having this "privilege" restored. He was quite frustrated yesterday not being allowed in the bathroom. His emotional well being is as important as his physical health, so I decided this morning to give him this extra space once again. He seems to be very contented. I still have the gates at the bottom of the basement steps - - it may be another week before I take those down so that he can once again have access to the upstairs. He has come a long way in his recovery and I do not want him overdoing his physical activity.

I thank you, Tracy, for your continued thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah's recovery, and for your cherished friendship and care and concern - - as well as each of our forum friends. I will let you know how my precious Noah is doing in his continued recovery.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Oct 10 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 6,508

Hi my dear friend moon_beam,

I haven't been able to get onto the forum for a while, when I finally had time to do so earlier my heart sank when I saw the topic title. I was almost too scared to read the thread, but I am so glad that I did, as it seems to have a happy ending. So pleased Noah's surgery went well and that he continues to improve. What a special, brave boy he is. I know how much you love him, and how difficult the last few days must have been for you. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to be here to offer you support. I will keep little Noah (and you) in my thoughts and prayers, and check back here whenever I can.

Thinking of you of both,
Cheryl xx

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 11 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #58

Forum Moderator

Hi, Cheryl, thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah. I still feel a deep pain in my heart when I think how seriously ill he was and how close I came to losing him. Praise the Lord for upset tummies - - otherwise I may never have known he was so close to leaving me because he was not showing any other symptoms of a twisted intestine. I am so grateful for God's miracle of having him restored to me in good health, for the opportunity of continuing to share his sweet physical presence for awhile longer, and for the many thoughts and prayers lifted on Noah's behalf from our L S friends.

I hope today is treating you kindly, my friend, and thank you again so very much for sharing Noah's illness - - and recovery - - with me. I will let you know how my precious Noah is doing in his continued recovery.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 11 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #59

Hi moon_beam

Just stopping by to check in. I'm sorry you are still feeling stress over what might have been. I agree it's good that he had the upset tummy, as you would not have known anything was wrong. Cats are really good at hiding the more subtle stuff. But, I'm also glad Noah is going to be OK, and getting better each day. I'm sure he loves being allowed back on his "perch" Give him a hug from me.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 11 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #60

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers and comforting support during my precious Noah's recovery. With it only being 2.5 years since my beautiful baby girl Abbygayle joined the angels I truly am not in any hurry for my precious Noah to transition home to the angels. Since I do not know how much more time we have together, I am truly grateful for every minute of every hour of every day, and try not to take any of it for granted.

This morning when I fixed his water jug to put in the fridge for cool water this evening (I change his water and water bowl twice a day) some ice chips fell on the floor and he played some ice hockey. It is so good to see him feeling so chipper. And he has swatted his toys around a little bit today. I have not resumed playing our games of volley ball and soccer with him yet - - I do not want him to get too excited yet. That will come eventually.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:05 AM