Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Browser Is Missing!, I beg you to come and leave your prayers
5catsmom
post Aug 8 2008, 05:26 AM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 1,278

QUOTE (goliath @ May 26 2008, 07:47 PM) *
Thanks JoAnn.............I have been blessed with a wide circle of love in my life.

Browser has some nightmares since that night. He whimpers and at times growls in his sleep as well. As I hold him closer to me and talk quietly to him he settles in. Each night is a little better than the last.

Sorry to hear Moose isn't feeling well. I will check your thread for any updates.

Take care and God bless,
Beth

I learned last summer never to underestimate the power of faith in the finding of our beloved pets. I know not all folks go along with that route, but my Shadow cat had been missing for almost 6 weeks, when I decided to let go of some particularly angry and destructive thoughts and more or less told God that if Shadow came back I'd never feel that way again. Think about it, yes; be unforgiving, no. Whether it was coincidence (I prefer not to think so), a day or two later the Humane Society called and Shadow was there! She had lost so much weight I didn't even recognize her - I thought some cruel cosmic joke had been played on me, but my son asked around, and there she was! I just fell to the floor and started sobbing. All those weeks of trudging door to door handing our flyers, searching through the woods behind our house day and night - with coons and foxes keeping me company - calling her and calling her, and always a hole in my heart - and there she was. I know not all stories end that way, but I will always be absolutely convinced that a Higher Power brought her home, and she's curled up now on my bed comfy as can be.

I also wish the best for Moose. Let us know how it turns out. So many of us have been there, unfortunately.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
goliath
post Aug 8 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 4,239

Thanks for sharing your story of faith and the power that lies within it. I am one who believes all things happen for reasons. Throughtout life, events occur that we may not always understand or get a quick answer to when we want it. My faith has carried me far and I have been so blessed in many many ways.

I hope your Shadow enlightens your life for many years to come. Each has a purpose and a time for all things. I am delighted to hear your story had a very happy ending as mine did with Browser.

Unfortunately Jackjackbojack's five wonderful postings have been deleted from my Browser's Missing thread for reasons unknown to me. You may want to inquire directly to her to ask about Moose.

Thanks for coming by and continuing this wonderful miracle story with me and for also sharing your own. wub.gif

Hugs,
Beth

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Aug 11 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 3,362

OMG Beth, you are truly a great mommy to your babies. I was riveted by your every word, seriously you should talk to the producers on Animal Planet, they love stories like this. They did a story on a friend of mine, now her animal stars in some local shows. Plus it gives tremendous hope to those who have missing babies. Beth you gave off excellent karma, and you got back excellent karma. I feel bad for people drowning in their own toxicity, they are some gruesome creatures. I'm so happy for Gidget, and Browsers, and your whole family. This result could not have come out any better! You know me, I must leave you with a pic, LOL. Hugs Photobucket

--------------------

+Quote Post
goliath
post Aug 12 2008, 03:32 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Bue's Mommy @ Aug 11 2008, 11:51 AM) *
Plus it gives tremendous hope to those who have missing babies.

Beth you gave off excellent karma, and you got back excellent karma.

Awwwww Bue's Mommy...............the pic you left here is absolutely adorable. Thanks for bringing me a big smile. biggrin.gif

Yes, Browser's story is truly one of faith and love accompanied with a message of never give up on what you truly believe in. My faith has carried me far and God answered my prayers on that dreadful evening in a miraculous way. I will never forget it for as long as I live.

Hugs back atcha,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
oliver's mama
post Aug 16 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 4,731

I read this story some time ago on the edge of my seat and was so relieved that you had the ending you did. It's a testiment of hope for anyone with a missing baby. One of my best friends and her siamese were separated for over a year when out of the blue, a friend of hers called her and said, "I know this sounds crazy, but I think I have Suki." He was at her friends aunt's house. They have been together ever since and he has been her rock, even "helping" her know that her chosen boyfriend was not the one for her. wink.gif I am a firm believer in karma and that occasionally, it can be rewarded with miracles.

--------------------
Pumpkin Moonlit, aka Punkadoo, June 20, 1996 to August 7, 1998.
Oliver David, aka Rasta, April 20, 1996 to May 6, 2008.
Lily Ann aka Bean, May 20, 2010 to April 28, 2010
Maximillian Pushkin, aka Fatty, Jan. 20 to June 22,2010

Mama loves you all the days of her life.

+Quote Post
Jon730
post Aug 18 2008, 06:58 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 4,585

They have been together ever since and he has been her rock, even "helping" her know that her chosen boyfriend was not the one for her. I am a firm believer in karma and that occasionally, it can be rewarded with miracles.

I have found that pets KNOW THINGS. When my friends meet people, it always seems that the way my beasties accept them is right.
Molly the Ghost Cat was born in the wild. She hated strangers, and hid from them, and some of my best friends had to take my word for it that we had a tabby.
Three years ago, I had a visitor who was the owner of a company that wanted to buy out a product line of mine. It was a big deal for me, and I had reservations about it, because it would put me out of a particular line of business for a decade.
He was sitting on the couch, talking, and Molly showed up, climbed in his lap, and went to sleep.
The deal was done, and it was worked out well for both parties.
At other times, my cats have hissed at, or run away from new people. They have always been right, and foretold bad endings.
So we listen when they warn us.
People can delude themselves by saying, "There is good in everyone-I am sure they are a fine trustworthy person", but the animal dispenses with that fiction.
They are closer to nature, where another animal is either going to eat them, or not.
Mistakes get no second chances, and animals have been making these decisions longer than we have had civilizations.

--------------------
Miles, my friend and Cat-Wife. 3-11-2008
The Sweetest Cat in my Universe.

+Quote Post
goliath
post Aug 18 2008, 10:43 AM
Post #27

QUOTE (oliver's mama @ Aug 16 2008, 04:31 PM) *
One of my best friends and her siamese were separated for over a year when out of the blue, a friend of hers called her and said, "I know this sounds crazy, but I think I have Suki." He was at her friends aunt's house. They have been together ever since and he has been her rock, even "helping" her know that her chosen boyfriend was not the one for her.

Thank you Oliver's Mama for sharing your friend's story. I also believe in listening to what our animal loves tell us. They teach us so much about ourselves as well if we allow them to. Your friend's reunion with her cat was a demonstration of a real miracle, just as my experience with Browser was......never to be forgotten.

May God bless you and yours,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Aug 18 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #28

QUOTE (Jon730 @ Aug 18 2008, 07:58 AM) *
I have found that pets KNOW THINGS. When my friends meet people, it always seems that the way my beasties accept them is right.

I do believe our beasties know much more than many give them credit for. So far though, the only person Browser has come in contact with that he didn't accept was the UPS lady. He didn't growl or bark at her though. But, he backed away from her quick, fast, and in a hurry. I thought it was a little bit strange since he had always warmed up to other people and animals so quickly. Perhaps it was the uniform.........I don't know.

For whatever reason he doesn't take to the UPS lady, I'm glad I don't have to interact with her on a personal level.

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
MyThreeSuns
post Aug 30 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 5,956

What an awesome and heart rendering story Beth. I am moved to tears and so encouraged. Sweep and I got lost from each other a few times and it was a wonder each time that we found each other. Nothing as dramatic as your tale but a blessing always when a furbaby and their mummy and daddy are reunited. God is DOG spelled backwards so I know He cares.

May GOD watch over all precious furbabies and keep them safe.

*Mumbles* A POX and A CURSE on demonic animal abusers!!!!!

+Quote Post
patricia
post Sep 28 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 5,599

i just read this entire post from start to finish. what an amazing story. i was completely moved to tears. how is browser these days?
thank you for reminding me of a greater power and "his" fur angels that watch over us and our loved ones and can i just say that you have such a wonderful heart.
i recently had a similar story where i tripped and accidentally dropped lucy's leash. unfortunately it was about 10 at night, pitchblack and she decided to bolt. the only thing i could do, besides sob was beg our heavenly father to look after her and bring her back to me safe and sound. 15 minutes later she showed up (stayed about 20 ft away from me) and with a tail that wouldnt quit "smiling", kept looking at me with her little face as if to say" momma, why are you crying? im here! i just took a run around a coupla blocks". she browsed around me for a bit and when i would get closer she would move away. (shes a little terrier terror) and before she could decide to take another "run" i dove and belly-flopped on her leash. needless to say i was extremely grateful my prayers were answered.
browser is such a lucky little fellow to have you in his life.
take care!
patricia

+Quote Post
goliath
post Sep 28 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #31

QUOTE (patricia @ Sep 28 2009, 08:12 PM) *
thank you for reminding me of a greater power and "his" fur angels that watch over us and our loved ones and can i just say that you have such a wonderful heart.

Thanks so much for sharing with me Patricia. That night truly was a miracle. Browser was just a teeny tiny puppy then. Now he's a whopping 7 pound compact canine just full of the dickens all the time. smile.gif

When I think back to when I first brought that little hooligan home and how little he was, I'm reminded of what a blessing that night was, because the entire event bonded us in a forever way. He hasn't been out of my sight since and he won't go out of an open door until I tell him it's ok. Browser has been a joy to have here and keeps my older chihuahua, Gidget, on her toes. He's been a real Godsend for all of us bringing his goofy antics and sweet little self into our hearts and home. wub.gif

I'm glad to hear you had a happy ending to your story too Patricia. smile.gif God does work in mysterious ways. My faith in Him never falters no matter what. ...... He came through for both of us. biggrin.gif

Here's a pic of my little body wagger taken last Christmas. Thanks so much for asking about him.

Attached Image

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
patricia
post Oct 7 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 5,599

just so darned cute! but he does have the little troublemaker face doesnt he wink.gif glad hes well-behaved now smile.gif god DOES work in mysterious ways. even throughout the pain that brought us all here to begin with, His love for us never ceases to amaze me. i cant ever express my gratitude for His sending me my little lucy. she has put a smile on my face again, even though she is TROUBLE:) although she cant ever replace my loves that are with Him now, she is a constant reminder of how much our heavenly father cares for us.
big giant holiday hug from lucy and myself to you and gidget and especially our little buddy browser. someone upstairs really really loves him smile.gif
patricia

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:41 PM