Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Gidgie Girl, Gidget is very ill
goliath
post Feb 21 2010, 01:15 AM
Post #101

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,239

QUOTE (sissycat @ Jan 25 2010, 10:07 PM) *
Always looking for news from you so post when ya can.

Hi Kim,

Sorry this reply is so delinquent. Life here has been pretty busy. To be very honest, I found myself reading new posts of others losses and it started bringing me down. Every time I read of another loss it tears me up. Working daily with Gidget's exercises, meds, and care can be very exhausting some days. She's not much better than the last time I posted and I have been praying for more patience each and every day. All the stairs are blocked now so she can't attempt to use them. We've made the entire house as safe as possible. Some days she's just plain grumpy while other days she's as sweet as she can be.

I discovered Facebook and hooked up with alot of friends and family there, so I've been spending time at night keeping in touch with them. Also, I discovered Farmville there and Petville. They're fun places to grow a farm and take care of a pet. My pet's name there is Booger and he's a riot. I can empty my head there once I have my other responsibilities taken care of and have lots of laughs. laugh.gif

We're thinking of bringing a new puppy into our home once Gidget gets through her recovery. smile.gif Probably not until June or so though. Browser really needs a rambunctious playmate since Gidget can't romp around with him anymore. We're just taking it one day at a time.

Life is good though. Between working, church events, Jim's Mom, Gidget, volunteer work, and keeping our home running smoothly, I sleep very well at night. No worries though, I am taking good care of myself as well as the rest of my family. The weekends are the very best. My hubby and I joined a couples group at our church that has been absolutely wonderful for both of us. He and I also started planning date nights once a week to make sure we're spending good quality time with each other. wub.gif We celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary on February 2nd. The years have flown by and we spent alot of time sharing memories with each other about how blessed we have been over the years. smile.gif

I hope all is well with you and your family Kim. May you always be richly blessed in every aspect of your life. Thank you sooooooo much for caring and being such a good friend. You have no idea just how much it means to me. smile.gif

Huggers,
Beth

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
goliath
post Feb 21 2010, 01:26 AM
Post #102

Member No.: 4,239

QUOTE (Bue's Mommy @ Feb 3 2010, 12:37 AM) *
[b][size=2][color="#0000FF"]
Wow workouts, and drugs. Sounds like the peeps at my gym, LOL!

Keep us posted.

Hey there girl! Thanks for coming by. I haven't been here since I posted for Goliath's birthday.(I think)

Yes to workouts and increasing her endurance daily. She's on less drugs now though than she was when I last posted. Now she's just on prednisone 1X day, tramadol 1 X day, enalapril 1X day, valium 1X day, pepcid AC 1X day, and selenium for promoting good neurological function along with her daily vitamins. At least we get a full night's sleep now so I'm well rested.

I'll have to look at your video Monday at work. My computer has no sound (still) and it loads slowly. You always send great stuff, so I'll have to look at it during my lunch hour.

As always, it was great hearing from you girlfriend. I hope all is well with you and your kittez. tongue.gif Please keep in touch whether it be here or by email.

Huggers,
Beth

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
sissycat
post Feb 21 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #103

Member No.: 4,783

Wow, some coinsidence?

I have within the last couple weeks found face book and farmville too. Found alot of my old school mates. Look me up on there if ya want.

Glad things are going ok for you. I have a new batch of puppies since i have been on here.

Catch ya later.

Hugs to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Apr 9 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #104

Member No.: 3,362

Hugz Beth, hows Gidgie doing? You should check out this site. as soon as I saw this dog, I totally thought about your little gurl. The info about the site is on my thread.

Talk to ya soon Beth

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:55 PM