Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kia 'kitten Mitten' 1992-2012, Tribute to beautiful Kia
catkin
post Jan 13 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,866

Our baby Kia, for over 20 years we were blessed to have you in our lives. You were so gentle and clever. My friend said you should have been the 'World's Cat Ambassador', so non-cat lovers like him would become cat lovers, as he became after meeting you! Everyone loved you and in over 20 years you never scratched or bit anyone.

You lost your brother Chico when he was only 8, he was the complete opposite of you! You became very depressed and we rescued Henry to keep you company and give him a home. Oh dear! You certainly kept each other on your toes! He hadn't had the greatest of starts and we lost him to cancer after 10 years. Six months later young Hector the stray came for Christmas dinner and stayed under one condition; you were the boss! He knew it, despite being 6.5lb and 17 years younger, he would role over in total submission. He wouldn't dare steal your food or annoy you and brought you a shrew as a present. Hubbie called it 'The Taming of the Shrew!'. You loved your dad, and were always in the kitchen with him under his feet!

The 22nd December 2012 was your last day and our darkest day. Only a month earlier the Cat Clinic gave you the all-clear as your medication had your over-active thyroid in order. They didn't expect to see you for another six months, but your weight loss was drastic that last week and you stopped eating properly and missed your litter tray. It was end-stage renal failure that had come on very quickly. There was only one kind option as dad and I kissed you goodbye, held you and cried (sorry I wasn't stronger).

We love you and miss you, beautiful girl. This poem is for you:

God looked around his garden,
And saw an empty place.
He then looked down from heaven,
And saw your tired face.
He knew that you were suffering,
And a cure was not to be.
So he put his arms around you,
And whispered,"Come with me."
With tearful eyes we watched you,
As you slowly slipped away.
And though we loved you dearly,
We could not make you stay.
Many times we've needed you,
And many times we've cried.
If love could have saved you,
You never would have died.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 13 2013, 12:09 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, catkin, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved Kia. Losing a companion is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we are blessed with the privilege of their company. Euthanasia is the last gift of love we can give to our companions at great sacrifice to ourselves so that they can be restored to their former youthfulness in the company of the angels.

Catkin, this grief journey is one of the most painful experiences we will know on this side of eternity. It is filled with many different emotions that can overwhelm us all at one time - - it is frequently referred to as a horror roller coaster ride. Each grief journey is unique because each individual relationship we share with our precious companions is unique. This grief journey is one of adjustment to the physical absence of your beloved Kia, and it is a journey that can only be traveled one day at a time, sometimes one moment at a time in your own way and in your own time. It is a journey that is now filled with all the "first withouts" and the "this time yesterday, last week, last month" to endure, and all the questions that fill our hearts wondering "what if".

Unfortunately there is no easy way through this grief adjustment journey, catkin. One of the many things you need to remember is that you are not alone. Each of us here do understand what you are going through, and we are here for you for as long and as often as you need us.

I know there are no adequate words in any language that can soothe the seering pain of sorrow that is in your heart. I can only hope the words I share with you will somehow offer you some measure of comfort, support, encouragement, and hope as you travel your grief adjustment journey.

Thank you so much for sharing your beloved Kia with us, catkin. What a beautiful little girl she is. Please know you and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers, catkin, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 14 2013, 07:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,067

Hello Catkin

What a beautiful cat was MS Kitten Mitten. We all cried as we held our soulmates while they passed into the Perfect World. It's love, not weakness. Our arms were the perfect cradle. Another LS'er here wrote me a beautiful poem while I was in the depths of grief for my Gretta - the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived. One line said, "No matter where I was I felt it, your love for me was oh so strong." We share a piece of each other's heart - you carry a piece of Kitten-Mitten's heart and she carries a piece of yours. That'll always be a longing ... until we meet them again in the Perfect World.

Please know that I care and am thinking aobut you and Kitten Mitten today.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jan 14 2013, 07:58 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,738

catkin, I'm so very sorry for your loss of Kia. And I really liked the beautiful poem you posted. Thank you and best regards.

+Quote Post
catkin
post Jan 20 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,866

Thank you so much moon_beam, Gretta's_mum and Jake's_Grandpa for your very kind words. The 'first withouts' really resonated moon_beam, but I am so lucky and blessed to have many happy memories to draw on and replace that last dark day. And this site is amazing, beautiful pictures of those loved ones. They are worth all of our tears, bless you all.

I am also so lucky that Hector decided to 'adopt' us.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 07:55 PM