4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The 'live' Chat Room, Surprised it's not used more often
janika
post Jun 3 2010, 06:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,120

The chat room is really easy to use and it would be an instant way for people to get help and support. I have checked in many times, even when I know that it's daylight hours or evening in the US, but I am always the only one there. I have chatted with 'Madi' (who is in Australia), who also found 'chat' easy. It's a shame that this wonderful facility is not used more often. Maybe I just keep missing the busy times, being in a different time zone (UK) . If you haven't tried it , I suggest that you do so, if you see that 'friends' happen to be signed into the forum. Tonight (today for all in US) I think it could have helped many people who are worried about pets who are very sick. Sometimes when you are distraught it's hard to compose a full 'post' so instant chat could be very beneficial. Please keep posting though, I don't for one second think that 'chat' should replace the forum postings, but used alongside the forums for instant help, advice and companionship.
Jan x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mom2stew
post Jun 3 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,463

I agree Jan, I've logged in before and it's always empty. Sometimes you want to be in touch, but don't have anything in particular to post. I'll log in more often and look for you (except for the darn timezone issue).

Kelly

+Quote Post
janika
post Jun 4 2010, 02:16 AM
Post #3

I look forward to seeing you there Kelly. Just had a long chat with Margi and Tahoeden. It was good to be able to instant chat like that. Hope to see more friends in there soon. xx

+Quote Post
madi
post Jun 4 2010, 07:28 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,207

I go there every day, but it must be the time difference I think, nobody is ever there. I'll trot over now and take a look.

madi xx

+Quote Post
janika
post Jun 4 2010, 07:59 AM
Post #5

Oh dear Madi, I just popped into chat and it's saying you are there, but no answer, think we must have just missed each other again. Hope to catch you soon. I know we're all thinking of Margi and Dear Ladywolf today, and little Sweetpea. Bless them. I do hope Margi is managing to get some sleep, it's been a terrible time for her.xx

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jun 4 2010, 08:05 AM
Post #6

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

for some reason, the chat room really never caught on. i think it is because no one organizes a mutual meeting time, and with time zone differences, etc. it can get difficult to meet up with people. it's a shame, this is one of the best chat rooms i've seen.

you can access it from any page of the website (aside from the forum), or just click here: http://lightning-strike.com/chat/flashchat.php no registration or password is needed, just login using your LS screen name. for those who are adventurous, you can create your own private chat room as well.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
madi
post Jun 4 2010, 09:07 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 6,207

I agree LS support, the chat room is great, just have to get a bit more organised.

madi xx

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post Jun 4 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,254

Let's schedule at least two times and days to chat--start out small. One in the morning and one in the evening. That could include everyone, I think.

Like maybe Monday morning and Thursday night?

Margi

+Quote Post
janika
post Jun 4 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #9

Sounds good to me Margi, I'll just have to work out the time difference and make sure I check in at the right times. Look forward to 'chatting' soon. xx

+Quote Post
tahoeden
post Jun 4 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 6,484

To all who see this message:

Check out the chat room. I just discovered it last night and spent some time with Janika and Ladywolf (I'm thinking about you and wondering how things went at your friend's house today). It was very helpful to talk with them. And then today I had over an hour of chatting with Lin-Ladywolf, which again helped me get thru some trying moments. See you all there.

Dennis

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post Jun 6 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #11

The chat room has been used a LOT this week--in fact, I'm waiting right now to see if anyone will appear to talk with. Good conversation has been happening, so thank you, Jan, for reminding us about this option!!!

The only thing I wish it had which it doesn't is a way for us to see when the other person is typing. But I'm not complaining--it's a wonderful chat room, that even rings a bell when someone comes in!

Margi

+Quote Post
janika
post Jun 6 2010, 02:14 AM
Post #12

Good morning Margi, I'm in the chat room now, if you want to have a chat. Hope you are doing ok. Sorry I missed you last night. Love Jan x

+Quote Post
janika
post Jun 6 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #13

I see there are 3 of us on line at the moment. I'm in 'chat' room if anyone wants a chat . Love Jan x

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post Jun 8 2010, 12:54 AM
Post #14

Jan, anyone--

How do you "invite" someone who's online to chat--other than by P.M.?

Thanks--Margi and Spiritwolf

+Quote Post
janika
post Jun 8 2010, 02:06 AM
Post #15

You've got me on that one Margi, I'm not sure. Maybe LS support will have the answer, well I'm sure he will. But I'm not sure if that's possible. I think for now the best way is to put on the forums board in this thread, that you are going into chat and then wait a few minutes to see if people see it. Other than that, back to PM's.
I usually check to see who's on-line and then post in this thread if there are people about. Of course many are busy posting and replying to the forum threads, so they don't always proceed straight to 'chat'. It's important to keep reading and posting on the board. I've met a few people in there now, who only use the 'chat'. So it's good to meet even more new people. Again, Marc and Tribble, what a great thing you created with this website. It is helping so many, including me. Thanks once again.
Not sure if anyone will be there but I'm popping over to 'chat' right now. Early morning here in UK, so I might be talking to the 'wall' again. Just call me Shirley Valentine.
Hugs to all. Jan and my Angels and Pixie.xx

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post Jun 8 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #16

I'm hangin' out in the chatroom right now. Anyone else want to talk?

Margi

+Quote Post
janika
post Jun 9 2010, 01:20 AM
Post #17

Glad I caught you last night Margi. Heading there now myself. x

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post Jun 10 2010, 01:14 AM
Post #18

Be prepared--you may run into some REALLY serious issues in the chat room, as I did tonight. Be prepared to do instant counseling, as well as to talk about post-menopausal whisker hairs!

Margi

+Quote Post
janika
post Jun 10 2010, 02:18 AM
Post #19

Ha Margi, who can you be talking about ?????
Anna is in chat and so am I so hope to see you there. xx

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post Jun 10 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #20

Not someone we know, folks. Someone who came in as a newcomer. Just made me aware of the responsibility that we have to have a lot of integrity when thinking and talking fast to someone who has serious issues...

Anyone around? I'm in chat right now...

Margi and Spiritwolf

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:40 AM