Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Missy Is Very Sick--advice Needed
luvmypets
post Nov 13 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,895

My 15 year old cat, Missy, was diagnosed with a Mass the size of a Fist near her Intestines. This is a very large mass considering she’s only about 9 pounds. The cytology came back NO cancer cells, but the Vet seems to think it is cancerous. She had her annual checkup in July (cbc etc) and all tests came back normal, so this mass must have grown very quickly. The main reason we brought her back to the Vet was I noticed she was using the Litter box a lot more often than normal, so my fear was she was going into Kidney Failure – but the recent tests indicate her Kidney Function is normal.

I guess my main question is does anyone here have any experience with this type of Tumor? We’re considering surgery but are torn because we’re not sure if the Surgery will do more harm than good. We're afraid this Tumor will kill her if it continues to grow.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. She's so cute and we love her so much. A tiny little Tuxedo cat--still so happy and playful you'd never know there was anything wrong with her.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:19 AM