> Jake's Story
My Doxie and Me
post Jan 11 2013, 11:51 PM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,200

I AM YOUR DOG

Posted on November 28,2012 by Baggybulldogs

I am your dog, and i have a little something I'd like to whisper in your ear. I know
That you humans lead busy lives. Some have to work, some have chidren to raise. It
always seems like you are running here and there, often much to fast, often never
noticing the truly grand things in life. Look down at me now, while you sit there at
your computer. See the way my dark brown eyes look at yours? They are slightly
cloudy now. That comes with age. The gray hairs are beginning to ring my soft
muzzle.

You smile at me; I see love in your eyes. What do you see in mine? Do you see a spirit?
A soul inside, who loves you as no other could in the world? A spirit would
forgive all trespasses of prior wrong doing for just a simple moment of your time...
That is all I ask. To slow down, if even for a moment to be with me.

So many times you have been saddened by the words you read on that screen, Of
another of my kind, passing. Sometimes we die young and oh so quickly, sometimes
suddenly it wrenches your Heart out of your throat. Sometimes, we age so slowly
before your eyes that you may not even seem to know until the very end;..when we look
at you with grizzeled muzzles and clouded eyes. Still the love is always there,
even when we must take that long sleep, to run free in a distant land.

I may not be here tomorrow; I may not be here next week. Someday you will shed the
water from your eyes that humans have when deep grief fills their soul, and you will
be angry at yourself that you did not have just "One more day" with me. Because I love
you so, your sorrow touches my spirt and grieves me.

So come, sit down here next to me on the floor, and look deep into my eyes. what do
you see? If you look hard and deep enough we will talk, you and I, heart to heart.
Come to me not as "alpha" or as "Trainer" or even " Mom or Dad", come to me as a
living soul and stroke my fur and let us look deep into one another's eyes, and talk. I
may tell you something about the fun of chasing a tennis ball, or I may tell you
something profound about myself or even life in general.

You decided to have me in your life because you wanted a soul to share such things
with. Someone very different from you, and here I am a dog, but Iam alive. I feel
emotion, I feel physical senses, and i can revel in the differences of our spirits and
soul. I do not think of you as a "Dog on two feet"- I know what you are. You are
human, in all your quirkiness, and I love you still.

Now, come sit with me, on the floor. Enter my world, and let time slow down if only
for a moment. Look deep into my eyes, and whisper to my ears. Speak with your
heart, with your joy and I will know your true self.

Author unknown

Mr.G forgive me.... So many levels of thought in life and after..So much may slip by
with hidden words we glance over, after the lose of my friend i find myself writing it's like
forming words with your heart because i can no longer share them with... This gives me
a greater understanding of how much friendship we have and a form of respect for the
ones that speak with there eyes.

It's a reflection of are selfs and who we are...And how much we form a connection
as we understand without speech Jake touched your heart and you share his words
you have become the best of friends as he is always searching for you.

Forgive me Mr.G i found this poem it has great truth with heart warming moments, this poem is a look
into a friends mind and to be given a voice, are heart speaks with are friends.. it's difficult to bring
words from the heart.

Wishing you Well
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jan 12 2013, 07:10 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 7,738

You need no forgiveness, My Doxie and Me, only thanks for sharing that beautiful piece with me. Indeed, I saw much of Jake and our relationship in it. He and I were kindred spirits with a bond that can never be broken, as were you and Jenna. I hope that they are keeping each other company until we meet with them again at the bridge. My best to you, friend.

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jan 14 2013, 08:05 AM
Post #43

It was exactly 6 months ago today that we lost our sweet boy, Jake. I don't cry as much now, but still feel a great sense of loss each and every single day. A guy told me once that Jake had a face only a mother could love. I replied that I must be his mother then, for I loved his face and everything about him. Miss you, big boy!Attached Image

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Jan 14 2013, 08:15 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 7,068

Special thoughts to you and Jake on this first of many anniversaries. Jake looks like quite a character. We love and miss you, too, Jake!

XOXOxoxo
Bobbie
Trevor's mom

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jan 15 2013, 07:42 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 7,071

JakesGrandpa,

Thinking of you and Jake on your 6 month angelversary. He is so cute. Of course you love that face and everything about him. You'll always feel an emptiness even though the tears will be less.

We love you Jake, and we'll always be here for your loving grandpa. wub.gif

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jan 16 2013, 07:26 AM
Post #46

Thanks for being here for me, y'all. Love ya!

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 18 2013, 07:07 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 7,067

Good morning Jake's Grandpa!

How are you doing this morning? Just want you to know that Gretta (in the Perfect World, with Jake), Rufus (my black lab-Newfie with the beautiful eyes) and all the people and animals in the Musketeer group are thinking of you and sending you a special set of love rays,

The Musketeers got their start many years ago when my sister was desperately ill. Originally we WERE three: me, my sister and my brother-in-law. Since LS, we've enlarged our circle - if I mentioned names, I'm sure I'd miss someone, but here's and invitation (actually two): one for you into the earthly contingent, and one for Jake into the heavenly contingent. No dues, just support and love.

Bye for now. have the best day possible.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jan 21 2013, 08:15 AM
Post #48

Gretta'a Mom, I accept the invitation, and Jake does too. Thanks and have a good day today.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jan 30 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #49

Dear Jake'sGrandpa,

How are you? I hope you are feeling better day by day...Thank you and Jake for accepting the invitation to be in the Musketeers. We are all here for each other.

I hope you are doing well and have a blessed evening.....God Bless....

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Feb 2 2013, 08:51 AM
Post #50

I'm OK now, LoveMy Micky, after a couple of depressing days of missing my boy Jake quite a bit. Thanks for asking, and I hope that all is well with you.

Does anybody know how Bobbie is doing?

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Feb 2 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #51

Hi Jake'sGrandpa,

I'm doing okay. I do understand about the depressing and tearful days. I'm glad you're feeling better now.

LoveMyMickey

Hey Jake....Look down on your Grandpa and send him some love and smiles. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Feb 14 2013, 08:19 AM
Post #52

Thank you, LoveMyMickey, for your kindness. You and the other good folks here are a comfort to me. My best to you, Mugsy, Annie and Mickey.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Feb 14 2013, 12:47 PM
Post #53

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, JAKE!!!! I LOVE YOU!!

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Feb 26 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #54

LMM, you are such a sweetie! Hope all is well with you.

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Mar 11 2013, 07:08 AM
Post #55

Jakie, I'm missing you terribly today. I hope you are happy and healthy in the afterlife, and that you are enjoying the company of our furry friends from Lightning-strike.com. Love you, sweet boy.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Mar 11 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 7,067

Jake's grandpa

Some days are just plain "missing my friend" days. Lots of wishing takes place on those days. Lots of "if only" and "one more time", often in the same sentence. They're especially hard during rocky times in your earthly life. My eyes are leaking now as i write this. I think we cry as we have loved. Great love, many tears. Then there are many sentences that start with "Someday" and they're all true.

Thank you for caring so much about Jake and about our Musketeer family. One for all and all for one.

For tonight ....

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Mar 13 2013, 06:55 AM
Post #57

Thanks for your kindness and support, Gretta's Mom. You are right - "Great love, many tears."

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Mar 14 2013, 09:49 AM
Post #58

It was 8 months ago today that we lost you, Jake, and my life will never be the same. You are gone but not forgotten, and I will always hold you close in my heart and mind. Your Grandpa loves you, sweet boy.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Mar 14 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 7,200

To are lost friends..Forgive me for the words i may speak as the night becomes us we can not see..As we have are arms wide open as
We wish not miss a single moment of joy that you share in One Snap shot in life..I kneel for Jake so you have given me strength along
with the Support of LS so let me..If i may speak Humble words of Heartache for a lost friend...What a proud boy stands strong as he
Guards with no unknown shall pass without his blessing.. for he is king as you have given Jake a second chance...So he might shine...And to share
A humans heart so one day..You shall tell a story of a friend that holds greatness within each paw print he may leave behind..
Attached Image

To Jakes friend you have allowed me to see into a Beautiful life you have paved for Jake as he is seen in the distance walking alone wishing to have meaning
to Hold..and Protect the Human only worthy as just one..Kneels with great Hope and Arms Wide open..As i will always stand Guard For a true friend as he
Stand to hold my last....Great men have the many sorrows that pass by..Only one we have to speak as a simple picture allows a life time of Memories to share
with..Strangers so i speak Jakes name..Thank you for sharing...

Now for the picture and i thank you again Looks to me a Mustang I see the 3 tail lights;Now if it's the 5.0 after 2011 well that many upgrades starting with the..Well you already know;..
Now who drives this tiny car with 425hp dual Exhuast ect...Hmm let see it's pink you have a very lucky Niece.I know i have bought one for my own only a Jeep...My Sah...So to my friend
Jake All the strength you have given Know this others have seen the love your true friend has given to you..Not in words a Beautiful picture as we read each and every smile that only
a true friend can bring...Mr Jake you choose well i can say...As a stranger looking into words of sorrow...Moment intime brings are friends...What a good Boy indeed as you open your
Heart that Lonley soul walks alone until a speacial human comes along to look deep into a lost Moment...That brings so much life and Kindness with Heavy hearts we speak there name;...
So others...My run free in the fields as a single flower looks within to heal thy self....With the Pines standing within reach we kneel to be with a friend to ask for...
Attached Image
Mr. Jake Thank you for the bright image of all that hold you intime of need...The best we can do as we Hold your thoughts as a kiss within the last loving Brea......th

Once again please forgive me for my words as you offer a Beautiful Moment intime of Jake..Seems in my words to yours...Heals my own...I thank you my friend...Your a Good Man
As i see through the eyes of a friend...Attached Image

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Mar 15 2013, 07:04 AM
Post #60

My Doxie and Me, thank you so very, very much for your kind words. They are indeed a comfort to me. Jake used to play with the dachshund next door; I hope that he and Jenna have become good friends.

The pink car is my little granddaughter's.

You are a good person, my friend.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:32 AM