Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Miss My Friends
BabyHenry
post Mar 14 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,329

My first ever pets, Henry, Pumpkin and Sweet Spot, were given to me about 2004 by my then boyfriend/now husband. Henry was a stray kitten my husband found alone in a forest, pumpkin we adopted to keep Henry company, and Sweet Spot adopted me by showing up one day at my door and staying.
Henry died in 2014, and Pumpkin and Sweet Spot died last year (February and August). They were the best friends I ever had (sounds weird?) and were with me through some very hard times and some very happy times. Me and "my trio". The last one of the trio dying (Sweet Spot) was the worst - it was like a chunk of my life was gone too, now that the three of them were gone. I loved them a lot and I think they loved me too.

I still miss them so much, which makes me think I am nuts. I still cry about it at least once a week in secret, so my husband doessnt think I'm too crazy. Am I? I go to work every day, I have people friends, I feel normal most of the time. Just sometimes I still feel really really sad and miss them sooooo much.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muffins
post Mar 15 2017, 03:59 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 245

Hi (((((Henry, Pumpkin and Sweet Spot's mom))))):

In my opinion, "No, you are definitely not crazy!!" It's not unusual to consider your precious fur babies, your beloved 'trio', to be your best friends. I am not surprised at all that you miss them terribly. In the years that you were together, going through life, with its ups and downs - I'm certain that your furkids were right there by your side.

When they came into your life in 2004 -- you loved & cherished your trio for many years, they were a huge part of your everyday life. When I said "many years", i believe Henry was in your life for 10 years., Pumpkin & Sweet Spot for 12 yrs.
Our precious fur babies are never with us long enough - no matter if it's 5, 10 or 20 years.

I truly believe that animals are the perfect beings. The pure love they give to us is unconditional. It's clear to me that your precious trio loved you so very, very much -- please, ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT! And, trust that they really are still with you; my belief is that they live on, inside your heart wub.gif
Tears can be therapeutic in helping heal a broken heart. I wonder whether your husband feels sad as well? I believe that when it's our time to leave this nearth, our precious fur kids will be there waiting to greet us.......never to be separated again.

If there's anything else I can do, please feel free to ask.

Peace to you and yours.

Sincerely,

Denise

--------------------
Our Beloved Girl, Ernestine (AKA) "Ernie-Bird"
April, 1984 - February 7, 2004
***AFFA***
Forever, you will ALWAYS live on in our hearts!
DEPARTED FROM EARTH, NEVER FORGOTTEN.... Love, Mom & Dad xoxoxoxoxo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." Immanuel Kant

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight" Albert Schweitzer

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 15 2017, 12:37 PM
Post #3

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, BabyHenry, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. Please let me try to add my reassurance that what you are feeling is very normal grief - - you are NOT crazy. Even now several years after each of my beloved companions have joined the angels I can think of them and sometimes a mist will still come to my eyes because I miss them. This is what eternal love is, BabyHenry.

I hope today is treating you kindly and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Henry's, Pumpkin's and Sweet Spot's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, BabyHenry, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Lulusmom
post Mar 16 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #4

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 9,007

Hi BabyHenry,
I am sorry for the loss of your trio. I lost my Lulu a little over a month ago and she was my first dog ever too. I understand the grief you are going through and don't think you are crazy. They say everyone deals with grief differently and there isn't a time limit for it. I think pets are so special because they love us no matter what and we spend a lot of our lives with them. When they are gone, it is like a hole in our lives that we have to get used to or the "new normal" as I have heard people say. It sounds like your trio were very special to you and that's why this hurts so much. But you are not crazy--you just loved them with all of your heart!

Lulusmom

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:10 AM