Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wrigleys Gone
Wrigley's Mom
post Jan 11 2017, 02:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,981

I have tried to write in here at least three times. I end up sobbing because my heart is broken. My dog, Wrigley, died 12-27-16. I have cried every day since then. I am obsessed with looking at his pictures. I look around my house and all I see is his favorite spots to sit and hang out.
I keep thinking about how unfair it is and how he must of thought I betrayed him. I prayed so hard that God would just let him die in his sleep so that I wouldn't have to do what I did.
I have ptsd and Wrigley was my emotional support dog. I could do things with him that I couldn't do alone. I am not a very trusting person and didn't like being around a lot of people. Wrigley, on the other hand, loved people and they loved him.
People would just naturally talk when he was around.
I got him from the shelter and he was so happy that he would just roll in the grass and get all tangled in his leash. Seeing that, how could I ever give him back even when he chewed up my queen size mattress, the leather pockets on a pool table, and my brand new shoes that first week.
He was with me all the time after that helping me watch children in my daycare. They loved watching him go down the slide and laying on him during story time. He was with me through a divorce and a foreclosure. He was my big baby who would sit on my lap even though he was 80 pounds.
I knew this day was coming. He had gone blind months ago and was getting confused. They tried different medicines and they made him miserable. He would cry so I stopped them all and he was happier. He stopped eating and drinking because his nose became encrusted. They cleaned it out and it came back again. They cleaned it again but she said it looked like it could be a tumor causing pressure behind his eye. He actually looked happy after they cleaned it. I didn't take him home. My son was with me and said he was suffering and we should just do it then. After weeks of my son and I crying, I agreed. My dog struggled to get down the stairs to our apartment. I just want one more day. I love you, Wrigs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 11 2017, 02:39 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Wrigley's Mom, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved Wrigley. Losing a companion is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we are blessed with the privilege of their company. Euthanasia is the last gift of love we can give to our companions to release them from their frail, failing physical body so that they can be restored to their former youthfulness in the company of the angels.

Wrigley's Mom, please let me try to reassure you that what you are experiencing is very normal deep grief - - very painful both emotionally and physically, yes - - still very normal. One of the many emotions we all experience to some degree is guilt / remorse which comes from looking back and trying to reconcile all the whys, what ifs, and if onlys that haunt and torture our hearts and minds when we are so emotionally vulnerable. There is no doubt that you did everything in your human and humane power to give your beloved Wrigley a happy, healthy earthly journey. Your beloved Wrigley is very thankful to you for releasing his sweet Living Spirit from his frail physical body particularly at a time when your heart was already breaking from the deepest sorrow of knowing he would no longer physically be with you.

The good news in the midst of all this deep grief is that the love bond you and your beloved Wrigley share is eternal - - it is not restricted to the physical laws of time and space. Your beloved Wrigley's sweet Living Spirit is always and forever a part of your heart and memories - - he is always and forever a heartbeat close to you.

I know so very well from firsthand experience that when our hearts are entrenched in deep grief there are no adequate words in any language that can soothe the searing pain of sorrow. Still I hope the words I share with you will offer you some measure of comfort, support, encouragement, and hope as you travel your grief adjustment journey.

Thank you so much for honoring us in sharing your beloved Wrigley with us. Please know we are here for you for as long and as often as you need us, that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Wrigley's Mom
post Jan 12 2017, 10:49 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Jan 11 2017, 03:39 PM) *
Hi, Wrigley's Mom, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved Wrigley. Losing a companion is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we are blessed with the privilege of their company. Euthanasia is the last gift of love we can give to our companions to release them from their frail, failing physical body so that they can be restored to their former youthfulness in the company of the angels.

Wrigley's Mom, please let me try to reassure you that what you are experiencing is very normal deep grief - - very painful both emotionally and physically, yes - - still very normal. One of the many emotions we all experience to some degree is guilt / remorse which comes from looking back and trying to reconcile all the whys, what ifs, and if onlys that haunt and torture our hearts and minds when we are so emotionally vulnerable. There is no doubt that you did everything in your human and humane power to give your beloved Wrigley a happy, healthy earthly journey. Your beloved Wrigley is very thankful to you for releasing his sweet Living Spirit from his frail physical body particularly at a time when your heart was already breaking from the deepest sorrow of knowing he would no longer physically be with you.

The good news in the midst of all this deep grief is that the love bond you and your beloved Wrigley share is eternal - - it is not restricted to the physical laws of time and space. Your beloved Wrigley's sweet Living Spirit is always and forever a part of your heart and memories - - he is always and forever a heartbeat close to you.

I know so very well from firsthand experience that when our hearts are entrenched in deep grief there are no adequate words in any language that can soothe the searing pain of sorrow. Still I hope the words I share with you will offer you some measure of comfort, support, encouragement, and hope as you travel your grief adjustment journey.

Thank you so much for honoring us in sharing your beloved Wrigley with us. Please know we are here for you for as long and as often as you need us, that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Jan 13 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 274

Oh Wrigley's Mom, I am SO sorry for the physical loss of your precious boy! sad.gif

You didn't betray him at all. You not only gave him the best life, you gave him the most compassionate passing. You wanted him with you for longer, but you made the decision at the right time--as much as it broke your heart.

Wrig is still right with you, but not in his physical form. But he's there, and because there are no time/space limitations, he is totally free and in bliss. wub.gif But I know it's not the same as having his physical form there.

Do you have understanding people around you, who "get" this kind of grief? It's one of the most awful feelings---worse without the right kind of support.

Do you have other animals at home for hugs and mutual comfort?

You have us here, and I hope you will continue to share with us.

Sending prayers of peace your way!
Kathy

--------------------
Compassion for all animals. www.earthlings.com

+Quote Post
Wrigley's Mom
post Jan 22 2017, 07:12 AM
Post #5

I want to thank you both for your kind replies. They meant so much to me and were so comforting. I tried to answer right away but my reply just kept disappearing. And then I just wanted to avoid even thinking about it. Of course, that never works because it is always there. So now I am into counting the days because they say that time lessens the hurt and well, that doesn't seem to work either.
I am trying to stop playing that last day in my head. Especially the part where he stands at the door thinking he is going home. I keep telling myself I loved him and he loved me. I had so many years with him so pick another day to think about. So many fun days. Roller blading. Bike riding. Dog parks. Any day but that day.
My son has asked for a new dog because it is so empty without Wrigley. I am just not ready to take that on right now because he just can't be replaced. I actually almost feel guilty for looking at another dog. What I am looking to do right now is to foster a dog while they wait to be adopted. Hopefully, it will help us both.
Again, thank you for being here.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 22 2017, 11:37 AM
Post #6

Forum Moderator

Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Wrigley's Mom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. This grief journey is both a physical and emotional adjustment to the physical absence of your beloved Wrigley which is one of the many reasons why this grief journey is so very painful.

It is important that your son understands that grieving the physical loss of a beloved companion is an individual process, and hopefully will respect your feelings in not wanting to embrace a new companion at this time. Hopefully fostering a homeless waif will provide the both of you the healing time you need until YOU feel ready to open your heart and home to a new forever companion. Rest assured that whenever this time comes your beloved Wrigley will guide your path to that moment in time when you will see a precious soul and will know beyond all shadow of a doubt that he / she is the "right one" for you.

I hope today is treating you kindly, Wrigley's Mom, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Wrigley's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:04 PM