Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feeling Lost Without My Boy Gunner, Loss of dog
LittleGirl's...
post Apr 26 2016, 09:38 AM
Post #81

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 274

Wonderful, Gunner's Mama!!

So glad to hear this. It must have been so comforting.

Would love to hear more if you feel like sharing.

Thanks for the update!

Kathy

--------------------
Compassion for all animals. www.earthlings.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 26 2016, 12:20 PM
Post #82

Forum Moderator

Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Gunner's Mom, thank you so much for sharing with us your experience with the animal communicator. I'm so very glad she was able to offer you comfort, support, and encouragement. Like our friend Kathy, it would wonderful to share more information about your experience - - whatever you feel comfortable sharing with us.

I hope today is treating you kindly, Gunner's Mom, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Gunner's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Gunners Mama
post Apr 27 2016, 11:53 AM
Post #83

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,788

The lady communicated with my Gunner and 2 of our other dogs that we used to have. She was spot on with all of their personalities. She told me that my Gunner loved me so much. I'm like the stars sun and moon to him. His job was to come to me at a time in my life when it was hard and I was cold and disconnected and put a warm spot back in my heart. That was at the time that we both lost our jobs and house and I was angry at the world. She said that he wanted to find happiness in his lifetime and he did living with us. She told me that he didn't want me to focus on the accident because when he transitioned he was happy and felt complete. He did not feel the need to grow old because he couldn't feel any more happy than what he already was. He was glad that it was quick because he knew neither of us could have done it if it would have been something that lasted a long time. She told me about a bird that he sent to me as a sign a short time afterwards. My hawk. She told me that he sends me signs all of the time to let me know that he's okay. He's going to leave something on my couch that will remind me of him. I keeping an eye out for that. He wants me to look at pics and smile instead of cry. She told me that my dog Baby who when she transitioned we never knew what happened. We thought that she had been poisoned by our neighbors. She told me that she had a heart attack. My dog Bosco we had to have euthanized and she told us that he was glad that we gave him our blessing. She told me that his hind legs were bad at the end and they were. He told us that he could run fast again. He also wanted to let me know his fur was beautiful. He had skin issues for years that we never could get under control. I did not offer much information because I'm a sceptic and I don't want to be taken advantage of. There was a lot more that we talked about that there was no way she could have known about. I am so glad that I did it. It had helped a lot. All of our fur babies are okay. They are happy and healthy. Just in a different form a living spirit. They are always with us.

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Apr 27 2016, 08:01 PM
Post #84

wub.gif

WOW, Gunner's Mama, this is beautiful !!!

I am just like you -- a skeptic and have not shared details in a couple of similar circumstances I've had! I love that she knew details she "couldn't have known."

What you shared can be a HUGE comfort to us all. Yes, your precious Gunner, your Baby, your Boscoe --- all our loves --- are just fine. They don't blame us for anything. They're in bliss. And they're always with us---just in a different form.

I'm going to reread this every so often; it is so uplifting. Thank you SO much for sharing this!

Kathy

wub.gif

QUOTE (Gunners Mama @ Apr 27 2016, 12:53 PM) *
The lady communicated with my Gunner and 2 of our other dogs that we used to have. She was spot on with all of their personalities. She told me that my Gunner loved me so much. I'm like the stars sun and moon to him. His job was to come to me at a time in my life when it was hard and I was cold and disconnected and put a warm spot back in my heart. That was at the time that we both lost our jobs and house and I was angry at the world. She said that he wanted to find happiness in his lifetime and he did living with us. She told me that he didn't want me to focus on the accident because when he transitioned he was happy and felt complete. He did not feel the need to grow old because he couldn't feel any more happy than what he already was. He was glad that it was quick because he knew neither of us could have done it if it would have been something that lasted a long time. She told me about a bird that he sent to me as a sign a short time afterwards. My hawk. She told me that he sends me signs all of the time to let me know that he's okay. He's going to leave something on my couch that will remind me of him. I keeping an eye out for that. He wants me to look at pics and smile instead of cry. She told me that my dog Baby who when she transitioned we never knew what happened. We thought that she had been poisoned by our neighbors. She told me that she had a heart attack. My dog Bosco we had to have euthanized and she told us that he was glad that we gave him our blessing. She told me that his hind legs were bad at the end and they were. He told us that he could run fast again. He also wanted to let me know his fur was beautiful. He had skin issues for years that we never could get under control. I did not offer much information because I'm a sceptic and I don't want to be taken advantage of. There was a lot more that we talked about that there was no way she could have known about. I am so glad that I did it. It had helped a lot. All of our fur babies are okay. They are happy and healthy. Just in a different form a living spirit. They are always with us.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gunners Mama
post Apr 27 2016, 08:44 PM
Post #85

You're welcome Kathy. I forgot to tell you that was a present from my daughter for Mothers Day. I couldn't have asked for anything better. We are all going through the same thing. We are here to help each other. There have been so many that have helped me and I am eternally grateful for that.

+Quote Post
Gunners Mama
post Apr 28 2016, 08:11 AM
Post #86

I wanted to post one of my favorite pics of my Gunner and the other 2 are of of the eagle. You will probably have to zoom in on those.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Apr 28 2016, 07:42 PM
Post #87

Stunning pictures of the Eagle, sent to you by Gunner !

And Gunner is so very handsome, to say the least. wub.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Gunners Mama @ Apr 28 2016, 09:11 AM) *
I wanted to post one of my favorite pics of my Gunner and the other 2 are of of the eagle. You will probably have to zoom in on those.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 29 2016, 11:43 AM
Post #88

Forum Moderator

Hi, Gunner's Mom, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you're doing, how things went with the animal communicator, and these wonderful pictures of your beloved Gunner and the eagle he sent your way to let you know he is always with you.

I'm so very glad your discussion with the animal communicator has been able to offer you comfort and reassurance that your beloved Gunner, and all of your beloved companions, are restored once again to their former youthfulness and are happy. I know this takes a burden from your heart, and this is what your beloved Gunner, and all of your beloved companions, want for you. Even so, it is perfectly natural for your heart to still feel sorrow in not having your beloved Gunner's physical presence with you, and this is a natural part of the grief adjustment journey. So please know we are here for you to share whatever you feel comfortable sharing with us - - the not so bad days, the not so good days, and the days when your heart still feels like it is breaking under the deepest burden of sorrow.

I hope today is treating you kindly, Gunner's Mom, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Gunner's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Gunners Mama
post May 2 2016, 08:33 AM
Post #89

Thank you Moon Beam for your kind words. I'm really glad that I did the call with the animal communicator. It made me feel better. All if our babies are happy and healthy. I thought I was doing better but the last few days I've really been really emotional. Everything has been making me cry. It just seems so long again that I got to see his handsome face. I just miss his physical presence so much. I miss seeing him, petting him and sleeping with him. I hate days like this.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 2 2016, 12:42 PM
Post #90

Forum Moderator

Hi, Gunner's Mom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. Please let me try to reassure you that what you are experiencing is very normal deep grief - - having better days emotionally and then without any apparent rhyme or reason once again experiencing the roller coaster of deep sorrow. Even though you have the reassurance that your beloved Gunner and all of your beloved companions are happy in their new realm of existence YOU are still "stuck" here in this physical world having to adjust to the physical absence of your beloved Gunner. And this is not an easy adjustment to make even when we KNOW that our beloved companions are happy and content in the company of the angels. So please let me try to reassure you once again that what you are feeling is a very normal part of this grief adjustment journey.

Thank you also for sharing this adorable picture of your beloved Gunner with us. It is obvious from the expression on his face and in his eyes that he KNOWS he is eternally loved.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Audrey Basar
post Jun 14 2016, 11:50 AM
Post #91

Member No.: 8,814

Wow, your story is very much alike mine as in we never knew we could cry this much and feel this terrible.. You dont know how much you really love someone till their gone.. Its so true. I knew I loved Capone a lot but after months of grieving, I almost miss him more because its been too long without his howls or snuggles... Anyways, you cannot blame yourself ever... I was blaming myself for a while because I said I should of locked that front door when I went to grab my bags out my car, and in a split second the dogs wedged through the door and went darting down the road. not only was capone hit and killed, but Luna was hit too and had a gash on her leg... Her hair is still growing back from where they trimmed it.. Anyways, I blamed myself for a while but many things could of happened.. It really just sucks because it puts a huge dent in your happiness, at least for me.. And it is barely getting easier. I think of him every day and still cry allmost every day.. its crazy how from running into a tree poor Gunner died.. Seems like he had impacted his skull just like my baby Capone. Just dead in a split second. Couldnt do anything life slowed down and you couldnt hear anything.. You couldnt eat or think for weeks... and now when im upset with my bf or whatever is going on im so emotional because when im sad i get super sad knowing i dont have my capone to go and cuddle up on.. Its so tragic and its not fair.. but maybe just maybe, this is part of our spiritual journey.

God bless & I hope you are healing well..
I am trying hard.... These forums are great for helping us write our thought and let them escape our minds.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gunners Mama
post Nov 22 2016, 03:17 PM
Post #92

I have been having a really hard time with the holidays approaching. It brings back a flood of memories. It just doesn't seem like almost a year has gone by that I've seen or held my handsome Gunner. Christmas was always my favorite holiday. I normally put up our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year I just don't really care about any of it. I don't want to put up a tree or even celebrate it. I know I have to for my grandson, so I can put on a fake smile for a few hours that we visit with him. Everybody says that Gunner would not want me to hate Christmas and I know that's true but I can't help how I feel. I just can't see enjoying a day that my best friend left me. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

+Quote Post
ScootersMommy
post Nov 22 2016, 03:47 PM
Post #93

Member No.: 8,965

Hi Gunner's Mama,

I've been reading through your story and I am so very sorry. Please know this reply comes along with a long, strong hug. He is a handsome boy, and he knew how lucky he was to have you as a Mama.

I completely understand how you are feeling about the Holidays. Just last Friday, I had to say goodbye to my sweet kitty baby, Scooter, who was with me for 18 years. Christmas has always been my favorite Holiday, but, I'm already dreading it. We typically decorate the day after Thanksgiving, and I'm already in tears thinking about seeing his stocking and the little ornament we made with his paw print. He always used to love to come and lay in the wrapping paper or get into the boxes on Christmas morning and I just can't believe that he's not going to be here.

Guilt, anger, resentment, sadness, pain, depression...I've experienced all of those emotions as I'm sure you have too. I think it's a common part of the grief process to blame ourselves for what happened, but, ultimately, we can't change God's plan. I completely and totally understand how painful this is, and how the tears just seem to keep coming.

I'm trying to take one day at a time, and congratulate myself for each day that I've survived, because initially, I didn't think it was possible. We must try to take comfort in the fact that no one could have loved our babies as much as we did. They are loved and cherished. They didn't have to wonder what love felt like, or where their next meal was coming from. They didn't have to endure abuse or neglect like so many babies do. They were given great lives and there will always be a bond that links us to them, even though they aren't physically here. I always knew the day would come, especially when Scooter began to get up in age, but, I could have never fully prepared for this grief. Where there is deep grief, there was great love. So, the grief we are feeling is indicative of the amount of love we have for them. Not all babies are so lucky to have a human feel these kind of feelings for them.

My heart aches alongside yours and I will pray for you to find peace and comfort. We are all here to help each other in any way we can. *hugs* to you my friend...

+Quote Post
Gunners Mama
post Nov 24 2016, 07:38 AM
Post #94

Thank you Scooters Mommy for taking the time to respond to me. Your Scooter is a a very handsome boy. I have lost other fur babies but I agree what you said about that nothing could compare you for this loss. I had never felt pain like this. I just keep thinking about how things were last year. We had both our Gunner and Squiggy with us. I think this is going to be the first year in my adult life that I'm not going to put up a Christmas tree. I just don't think I have it in me this year. Next year, perhaps. Have you ever thought of having a reading with an animal communicator. I had one and it brought me a lot of insight and peace of mind. Keep posting on here because the people on here saved me from a very dark place that I thought I was never going to come back from. I thank God that I found this forum when I did. I'm sending you a HUGE hug and prayers that your heart finds some peace.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 25 2016, 12:50 PM
Post #95

Forum Moderator

Hi, Gunner's Mom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. Please let me try to reassure you that what you are feeling about the holidays is very normal. What is advertised as the "most wonderful time of the year" can in reality be the "most horrible time of the year" when our hearts are grieving the physical loss of a beloved companion - - including the one year angel-versary of a loss. Just because the calendar indicates that a year has passed since the first moment in time our beloved companion transitioned from this earthly realm does not mean that the sorrow in our heart automatically disappears. And I know all too well how painful it is to have to put on the "public face" all the while feeling the stabbing pain of sorrow in our hearts, and all we want to do is find a place away from the crowds to hide and cry. The most important thing is for you to do what YOU feel is the easiest for you to "get through" these very un-festive days. And please know we are always here for you to share the not so bad days, the not so good days, and the days when it feels like your heart is breaking under the deepest burden of your sorrow.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:39 AM