12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> It's A Tuxedo Girl, a new friend to comfort me over losing my Danny boy
DannysMom
post Jul 12 2012, 06:49 PM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

Moon_beam, thanks for stopping by. I'm just amazed at how much weight even Shelley gained on this food in a short time. She went from 7.38 just a couple weeks ago to 8.00. So, this is some potent stuff! I got the Organix Feline Indoor Adult food today, and Shelley ate some of it. I hope that Mindy will like it too. She used to eat it back in January.

Miss Mindy jumped on the couch with me last night and snuggled up right beside me with her head rested on my side. She hasn't done this in a long time, but it didn't last long. After a few minutes of me petting her she got up again. sad.gif Well, she's a teenager in human years, so right now she wants her independence! Even so, she did sleep on the bed with me last night.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 14 2012, 01:00 PM
Post #42

Miss Shelley is quite the acrobat. Yesterday evening she was batting around a toy ball that has a bell inside. She chased it all over the place, batting it, and carrying it in her mouth like a prized trophy. She is so athletic, and when she gets bored she knows how to entertain herself. I had to smile every time I heard the jingle, jingle, jingle of that little ball.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jul 14 2012, 01:02 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 6,946

It is the little things that cats do that make us smile.gif

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jul 14 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #44

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley are doing. Hope the new food helps your little Mindy get back her girlish figure, and helps your Miss Shelley keep hers. Oh the things us girls have to endure!!!

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Angelinda
post Jul 15 2012, 05:53 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 7,214

Mindy is just SO beautiful! I love her eyes and the color of her fur. Many, many years ago, we had a kitty called "Shadow" - another black cat - and he was a polydactyl as well! I love that they have what look like thumbs! It's wonderful that Mindy likes to play as well as snuggle. And being a talker and smart is also another nice component! I can just see how she can melt your heart. I see that you got her back in February, but I just saw this so I want to say "Belated Congratulations"!

QUOTE (DannysMom @ Feb 5 2012, 07:40 PM) *
I wrote about losing my precious cat Danny last December, and I decided to post a story about my new friend. Danny boy was a sweet and gentle Tuxedo boy, and now I have Mindy, a 6 month old polydactyl Tuxedo girl.

[attachment=5339:P1000451_crop.JPG]

She is such a lovebug! She likes to play and she also likes to snuggle. She is a real talker, and so smart! She has truly comforted me over Danny's loss. When I cry sometimes she'll come to me and she'll touch me with her paw ever so gently, and she snuggles right next to me and starts purring like crazy. She knows when I don't feel like playing and she gives me space when I need it. I am hoping that God will bless her with a very long and happy and healthy life. She has such beautiful amber eyes! She has so much energy! She even responds to hand signals. When I put up my hands like I'm going to chase her, she'll start running. Such a smart little kitten! I couldn't have found a sweeter friend.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jul 16 2012, 06:22 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 7,430

I am sure she can lose the weight......especially if she keeps runnign around chasing toys like she does!

I had the problem with pixie throwing up after eating and she was a little over weight so what I do now is feed her half a pounch in the morning, half a pounch for lunch and half the normal amount of crunches she would usually have in the evening and she seems quite happy with that......so far!

She's only got to lose about a pound right?

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 19 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #47

QUOTE (Angelinda @ Jul 15 2012, 06:53 PM) *
Mindy is just SO beautiful! I love her eyes and the color of her fur. Many, many years ago, we had a kitty called "Shadow" - another black cat - and he was a polydactyl as well! I love that they have what look like thumbs! It's wonderful that Mindy likes to play as well as snuggle. And being a talker and smart is also another nice component! I can just see how she can melt your heart. I see that you got her back in February, but I just saw this so I want to say "Belated Congratulations"!

Thanks, Angelinda! smile.gif I love her thumbs too. It looks like she is wearing little mittens. Mindy has two extra toes on the right front paw and only one extra toe on the left front paw. Tomorrow is Mindy's 1 year birthday.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 19 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #48

I'm letting the cat out of the bag...July 20 Miss Mindy will be 1 year old.

Attached Image

For some reason both Mindy and Shelley love to hide in this green bag. Shelley even snuggles up in it with just her head sticking out. Tonight Mindy snuggled up in my lap for almost an hour. Shelley got jealous and meowed, but there was no more room, so she knocked a beanie baby down.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jul 20 2012, 04:20 AM
Post #49

QUOTE (DannysMom @ Jul 19 2012, 10:56 PM) *
I'm letting the cat out of the bag...July 20 Miss Mindy will be 1 year old.

Attached Image

For some reason both Mindy and Shelley love to hide in this green bag. Shelley even snuggles up in it with just her head sticking out. Tonight Mindy snuggled up in my lap for almost an hour. Shelley got jealous and meowed, but there was no more room, so she knocked a beanie baby down.

HAPPY B-DAY Mindy! (Theresa loves shopping bags too)

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jul 20 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #50

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, sending "birthday greetings" to your precious little Mindy, and hoping this finds you, your precious Birthday Girl, and your precious Miss Shelley doing well and in good spirits. What an adorable picture of your precious Mindy. And I am so chuckling about your Miss Shelley swatting a beanie baby onto the floor, "gee whiskers, there's no room for me on mommy's lap, and I wanted to snuggle, too." I bet you and your precious Miss Shelley found some snuggle time later on, and all is right wth the world once again.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Birthday Girl Mindy, and your precious baby girl Miss Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jul 28 2012, 12:52 PM
Post #51

I hope Mindy had a great birthday. She looks so cute in that bag.......from that picture she does not look overweight at all just a cute little fluffy kittycat smile.gif

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 28 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #52

xxForeverxx, thanks for commenting on Mindy's birthday picture. The reason she doesn't look overweight in this photo is because the bag is strategically hiding her trouble spot! smile.gif The last time she was at the vet one of the techs remarked that she's never seen such a big tummy on a cat. I thought "Thanks a lot! (not)" I've been giving Mindy more canned food and hope I can slim her down that way. Unfortunately she is much less active than Shelley. Mindy's favorite activity is looking out the window. She just loves to see what goes on out there. And her next favorite activity is grooming Shelley and wrestling with her. And she is so considerate. When I pet Mindy and Shelley just looks on Mindy always goes to Shelley afterward to give her some kitty lovin'.

Yum, that was good!
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Aug 10 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #53

The name is Bond...Mindy Bond. She wears a Tuxedo and has a license to claw. Here she is on her latest mission to capture the world famous thief, Nervous Nellie.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 11 2012, 08:30 AM
Post #54

DannysMom, great pic smile.gif

The caption should be "Just turn around and walk away - this does not concern you" LOL

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 11 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #55

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Mindy and Miss Shelley are doing. And thank you for the wonderful pictures of your precious Mindy. I'm chuckling at your take off on 007 - - that is so funny. I'm so very glad that your precious girls are now the very best of friends and housemates.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Mindy, and Miss Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious Mindy and Miss Shelley. Please know you and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Aug 11 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #56

QUOTE (Tom's Dad @ Aug 11 2012, 09:30 AM) *
DannysMom, great pic smile.gif

The caption should be "Just turn around and walk away - this does not concern you" LOL

Tom's Dad, yes she does have such a serious look on her face that would make you think she's up to no good! smile.gif But it was rather innocent fun, with Mindy giving Shelley some kitty lovin', grooming her face and ears.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Aug 21 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #57

What a smile once again those photos of Mindy have put on my face! They never fail to amuse me rolleyes.gif

The first pic of her licking her lips is like shes saying I am not overweight.....I just like foooooodddddd!

and the second what you wrote with it was so funny! Shelley just looks like shes thinking right i will pretend like she has got me for this photo so Mindy feels she has won smile.gif Bring me some more pics to see!

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Aug 22 2012, 06:32 PM
Post #58

for xxForeverxx and anyone else who enjoys seeing photos of my Mindy, here is another cute one that really shows off her pretty markings. Isn't she cute? She often sleeps like that. When Mindy gets into play fights with Shelley and Shelley gets too rough then Mindy looks at her with flattened back ears and angry eyes. Last night she even hissed at Shelley.

Shelley doesn't seem to hiss at all. She just lets out little shrieks when Mindy gets too rough with her.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Sep 5 2012, 06:56 AM
Post #59

haha Ellie loves seeping on her back. I always think it looks really funny. She looks sooooo cute I just want to cuddle Mindy up! Does she like to lay in the sun? As if mine find even the slightest spot of sun shining through a door or window then they try and sun bathe in it!

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 7 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #60

QUOTE (xxForeverxx @ Sep 5 2012, 07:56 AM) *
haha Ellie loves seeping on her back. I always think it looks really funny. She looks sooooo cute I just want to cuddle Mindy up! Does she like to lay in the sun? As if mine find even the slightest spot of sun shining through a door or window then they try and sun bathe in it!

xxForeverxx

xxForeverxx, I'm glad you like the picture of Mindy. She loves sleeping in the sun and letting the sun shine on her back. smile.gif She also likes looking outside the window and watching what's going on. Sometimes I let her go out on the balcony, but she hasn't been outside the door, and she hasn't really shown an urge to go outside. She was picked up as a stray with her brother, so I guess she had her fill of the outdoor life.

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:22 AM